British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Aw diddums , someone still upset their boy got the arse from Poole? 

Most Poole fans would have been happy for Adam to have returned to Poole the following season.

7 hours ago, ray c said:

I would think any new promotor or investor would probably have to negotiate a new deal with stadia UK for use of the facility at the stadium 

Should just roll over.

6 hours ago, daz9100 said:

It's fairly obvious if you've seen the advert.

There aren't many speedway riders who live in that area and have a set of helmets over the fireplace, trophies on display and a track in the back garden.

Really, perhaps you would like to put the photo's up then. And by the way, i do know what it looks like..

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Aw diddums , someone still upset their boy got the arse from Poole? 

Not at all. He loved his time there and is still on good terms with the fans and the owners. 

But you probably knew that and we’re just trying to look clever on the internet. 

Sorry, you failed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I do just as well in my business with a lot less stress and time. Why would I want to have all that stress Matt Ford is put through for longer hours and less financial reward?

There you go, £500,000 is to much of a business risk. If you wouldn't bother, why would a more professional business man go with it?

£100,000 - £150,000 under the current climate of British Speedway is far more realistic. 

5 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Not at all. He loved his time there and is still on good terms with the fans and the owners. 

But you probably knew that and we’re just trying to look clever on the internet. 

Sorry, you failed 

I would welcome him back no problem. He’s still improving and thought he looked very professional last week.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

There you go, £500,000 is to much of a business risk. If you wouldn't bother, why would a more professional business man go with it?

£100,000 - £150,000 under the current climate of British Speedway is far more realistic. 

I didn’t say 500,000 was too much. I said My business does well without the hassle going with promoting a speedway club, which would take up virtually every waking hour if it was to be run as a full time business.

Not the way I would want to work. Twenty years ago maybe.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Poole Pirates Premiership Champions 2018   Just to let everybody know...:nono: Gavans a little bit quiet, have you noticed..:o

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I didn’t say 500,000 was too much. I said My business does well without the hassle going with promoting anspeedway club, which would take up virtually every waking hour if it was to be run as a full time business.

Not the way I would want to work. Twenty years ago maybe.

You're a clever man Steve so be honest.

You clearly said "less financial reward".

If there's 'less financial reward', once lumping down £500,000, how soon would you expect that money to return?

What about rider, staff, first aid, paramedic, material costs?

Sponsorship remember, isn't part of the deal. Sponsorship is for the current owner to help finance the season and for them to sell their brand in return. Sponsorship is not Matt Ford's to sell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

As it’s such an iconic club with a superb set up and massive crowds that other clubs can only dream of, I take it Starman and Shovvy are putting together a business plan as we speak to secure the finance and make a fans buy out. 

I mean, it’s a no brainier so they keep telling us?

Shovlar the financial clout and Starman the brains

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If there's 'less financial reward', once lumping down £500,000, how soon would you expect that money to return?

Sponsorship remember, isn't part of the deal. Sponsorship is for the current owner to help finance the season and for them to sell their brand in return. Sponsorship is not Matt Ford's to sell.

Anybody who thinks running a Speedway club is a doddle is very clueless and deluded.

24 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I wouldn’t lump down £500,000 in one lump sum. Or even £250,000. My business works differently but is rewarding without tying up such large sums in one go. I am not going to bore everyone talking about my business though.

To purchase any business first you would look over the last 3 years books, see what sort of profit or loss there is. Secondly you would look @ your leased premises, what sort of terms can you keep & what have you to re-negotiate with the landlords. Thirdly you are reliant on enough other clubs that want to run their speedway on the same level as you!  If I was buying under the current circumstances I would offer Matt £500 per meeting staged until an agreed figure has been reached, not too different to the deal Matt & Mike Golding did with Merv the swerv.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Shovlar the financial clout and Starman the brains

Poole SSS Pirates

• Like 1