British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, ray c said:

Why

Because it doesnt matter if PS has new owners or not.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Most Poole fans would have been happy for Adam to have returned to Poole the following season.

Adam is poular whichever club he rides for. I ‘d have him back at Lakeside any day. When he left the club a few years ago he told me that he found the track difficult but wanted to come back eventually and master track because he knew itwould make him a better rider. Trrue to his word he came back this year and has been superb.More tothe point he has been a great team man. Good all round bloke and good rider. Can’t fault him. Any club that gets him next year will be lucky.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Because it doesnt matter if PS has new owners or not.

Of course it does, Stadia UK has a business to run and will want guarantees that the “rent” can be paid or at least financially underwritten. Don’t touch it with a barge pole Starman, you would be sure to screw it up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Chance?

To buy the club! 

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Not at all. He loved his time there and is still on good terms with the fans and the owners. 

But you probably knew that and we’re just trying to look clever on the internet. 

Sorry, you failed 

And a great sponsor in Wessex Marine.... 

• Like 1

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16982565.josh-grajczonek-wants-to-return-to-pirates-next-season/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I know everyone will say his average is too high blah blah blah, but I want as many of this years team back as poss, so that includes Josh.

EDIT - Dear BSPA committee, if you could make the points limit 44.5 that would be great thanks! :D (I make our team total 44.48, using the averages on the other thread)

Edited by lisa-colette

12 hours ago, Ghosty said:

To purchase any business first you would look over the last 3 years books, see what sort of profit or loss there is. Secondly you would look @ your leased premises, what sort of terms can you keep & what have you to re-negotiate with the landlords. Thirdly you are reliant on enough other clubs that want to run their speedway on the same level as you!  If I was buying under the current circumstances I would offer Matt £500 per meeting staged until an agreed figure has been reached, not too different to the deal Matt & Mike Golding did with Merv the swerv.

pretty much spot on ghosty,heard some guys saying half jokingly,that they didnt think matt would be giving the same excellent arrangement to any new purchaser that he and mike got from mr stewksbury.

13 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Not at all. He loved his time there and is still on good terms with the fans and the owners. 

But you probably knew that and we’re just trying to look clever on the internet. 

Sorry, you failed 

You have done nothing but swipe at the club since he left. 

I just can’t work out how people think that a club that makes a profit, with a very healthy fanbase , is not worth a lot of money. 

Other people seem to think lesser clubs are worth money as many have changed hands over the past few years, so why wouldnt the, like it or not, biggest club in UK speedway over the past 20 years be any different?

I don't see Poole being worth much now mainly because the league is in dire straights.The product is mainly poor it is mainly full of old stadia and promoters fighting each other rather than sticking together and trying to resolve the problems .Who in there right mind would want to buy at this pacific time also the stadium is rented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't see Poole being worth much now mainly because the league is in dire straights.The product is mainly poor it is mainly full of old stadia and promoters fighting each other rather than sticking together and trying to resolve the problems .Who in there right mind would want to buy at this pacific time also the stadium is rented.

Not sure which SGBP promoters are 'fighting each other'??  Most of the dire straights moaning seems to be at SGBC level!! Some complaining there aren't enough fixtures when they are struggling to fit everything in to finish the season!!

For 2019 simply get one or two more teams into the SGBP  and set a sensibly agreed points limit; sign riders they can afford and make sure they get priority over any SGBC teams when there are any clashes. Simples.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure which SGBP promoters are 'fighting each other'??  Most of the dire straights moaning seems to be at SGBC level!! Some complaining there aren't enough fixtures when they are struggling to fit everything in to finish the season!!

For 2019 simply get one or two more teams into the SGBP  and set a sensibly agreed points limit; sign riders they can afford and make sure they get priority over any SGBC teams when there are any clashes. Simples.

I dont see this sport being run with everybody pulling in the same direction do you? Also why hasnt talks begun already about next year or will they leave that until March.???

Edited by Sidney the robin

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

One thing for sure british speedway is not simple . i will be amazed if next season will be any different we shall see 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Agree with what you state but it is the bspa that most years weaken the top league by often reducing the team average limit or as last year restrict each team to one rider over 8 points etc after going for fixed nights to encourage more top riders from abroad back into the league.  Well that went very well didn't it.   

So the top clubs, who often seem to not treat clubs coming up from the lower league fairly, then wonder why some do not want to join the top league or work with them.

The top league is now 7 teams and who knows what is going to be proposed for 2019, that is if it has been properly thought through or if they are going to make the same mistakes as they have in the past.  I wonder if this is part of the reason why Matt wants to sell the club and get out.

I also understand that at least one other owner wants to get sell up and is open to offers. 

Edited by A ORLOV