British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There has to be more than 7 teams! Not sure the min. amount of teams BT sport want..?

If there is no tv deal paying decent money I cannot see any club moving up because of the cost of running a club.  I only see a combined league with most of the Championship clubs and the Premier clubs in one big league with a lower team average, or even going to 6 rider teams to cut costs.  Just look at all the riders who have dropped their averages below 8 points in the last couple of months.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

If there is no tv deal paying decent money I cannot see any club moving up because of the cost of running a club.  I only see a combined league with most of the Championship clubs and the Premier clubs in one big league with a lower team average, or even going to 6 rider teams to cut costs.  Just look at all the riders who have dropped their averages below 8 points in the last couple of months.

And nobody can include Poole in that cos ours have been below 8 nearly all season! :o ;) Swindon on the other hand..

I really hate the thought of 6 rider teams though. 

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And nobody can include Poole in that cos ours have been below 8 nearly all season! :o ;) Swindon on the other hand..

I really hate the thought of 6 rider teams though. 

They plus others know a further weakening of the league is a likely outcome of the agm, so how many more fans will either pick and choose which meetings they go to or give up altogether. So the cycle could continue or will more fans go to a much bigger league to see a larger variety of teams rather than the same 7 or 8 all year.

Edited by A ORLOV

15 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

They plus others know a further weakening of the league is a likely outcome of the agm, so how many more fans will either pick and choose which meetings they go to or give up altogether. So the cycle continues.

One league seems inevitable mate, but if they do they above they will kill speedway stone dead.

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

One league seems inevitable mate, but if they do they above they will kill speedway stone dead.

It is almost a fossil now in so many places. This may do less harm than carrying on, carrying on as they have for 20 years.

Just now, waytogo28 said:

It is almost a fossil now in so many places. This may do less harm than carrying on, carrying on as they have for 20 years.

Maybe, but i certainly cannot see 6 man teams increasing attendances anywhere, imo it will do the exact opposite. imo.

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe, but i certainly cannot see 6 man teams increasing attendances anywhere, imo it will do the exact opposite. imo.

As I see it, there is no hope of a significant revival regardless of whatever plan the BSPA come up with. Managed decline is all that it is now.

15 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

As I see it, there is no hope of a significant revival regardless of whatever plan the BSPA come up with. Managed decline is all that it is now.

Which confirms that SS method of valuation of Poole was complete pie in the sky.

There are many changes that need to be made but as I have said previously it would be a significant step forward and cost nothing for them to devise a sensible rule book that is applied impartially and without exception. That would at least ensure that the various competitions, league, KO Cup etc., have a greater degree of credibility.

Unfortunately, I have little confidence that we shall ever see it considering that the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the BSPA and the SCB were involved in the farce we witnessed involving the guests for the play off final.  They obviously thought that the best solution to the problem was to ignore the rules.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

There are many changes that need to be made but as I have said previously it would be a significant step forward and cost nothing for them to devise a sensible rule book that is applied impartially and without exception. That would at least ensure that the various competitions, league, KO Cup etc., have a greater degree of credibility.

Unfortunately, I have little confidence that we shall ever see it considering that the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the BSPA and the SCB were involved in the farce we witnessed involving the guests for the play off final.  They obviously thought that the best solution to the problem was to ignore the rules.

What rules were ignored? As has been established elsewhere Morris average was lower than Kurtz so was eligible to guest at home and away.

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What rules were ignored? As has been established elsewhere Morris average was lower than Kurtz so was eligible to guest at home and away.

No he wasn't eligible for the away meeting. The official averages  to include the Swindon v Belle Vue meeting on the 27 September have not yet been issued according to the SGB website and those in force were those shown in issue 27 on the SGB website.

That is in accordance with the following;

16.2.1.4 Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a rolling basis on all eligible meetings, up to and including 23rd of the month to become effective from the 1st of the following month.   

Edited by Aces51

The announcer at Kings Lynn said that Morris was able to ride as the 5% extra for home meetings had been extended to away fixtures as well.

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The announcer at Kings Lynn said that Morris was able to ride as the 5% extra for home meetings had been extended to away fixtures as well.

bit convenient it happened for just one meeting

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is no supplementary regulation on the SCB website that would confirm that to be true. Wasn't it just an agreement reached between the 2 teams, BSPA and SCB, which is unfortunately, typical of the way the sport is run and why it lacks any credibility.

The 5% at home can be argued as justified because most riders have a higher home average than their GSA but the opposite is true of away averages and makes adding 5% ridiculous.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1