British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I kind of find it worrying that you lot aren't worried that a club that includes the chairman backed an other club into a corner to agree to have a guest that they shouldn't have. If it was Poole's idea then fair enough but KL should have let us use Ellis. 

It’s kind of worrying that you are trying to deflect from Poole’s wrong doing as a means of justifying what Poole did!  What evidence do you have that the BSPA chairman backed Poole into a corner - the very same Poole promoter who doesn’t take any cr@p from anyone - until now - and you expect everyone to believe it?

it doesn’t matter who’s idea it was the fact is that it was Poole who broke the rules and not KL!

And the sad thing is I believe Poole would have won it with a legal team in the second leg but they chose to cheat rather than play by the rules!

Edited by Steve0

For heavens sake STOP. You are raking up the same stuff time and time again,stop repeating the same tripe over and over.Its done,Poole have won whether you like it or not and nobody is going to change the result.Surely if there was something to discuss other promoters or managers would have voiced an opinion in the speedway press.The only people who are making a fuss are you,the supporters and quite frankly from where I am standing you are behaving like children arguing in the playground.Get over it and move on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

No they didn't. KL decided for them and everyone else agreed. 

And the Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey . I've said before r/r would have been the best way forward .will we still be the hated team in the league when Matt is gone ?

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

And the Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey . I've said before r/r would have been the best way forward .will we still be the hated team in the league when Matt is gone ?

I wonder if Somerset think using r/r was the best way forward when they lost holder against Poole which probably cost them the semi

final

10 minutes ago, Greener21 said:

I wonder if Somerset think using r/r was the best way forward when they lost holder against Poole which probably cost them the semi

final

As it was the second leg a bit difficult as they were already using r/ r for bradley Dean Wilson 

12 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

Any proof that KL drove the decision or just the usual Poole spin? I've pointed out that it was the SCB & BSPA that covered for their original incompetence in failing to frame the rules correctly by breaking them and encouraging both teams and the referee to do so.

Dale Allitt has stated publicly that it was KL's proposal to Poole which was then ratified by the SCB and BSPA MC to avoid the sport being further vilified by allowing Ellis to guest for both clubs in the final.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Maybe for a few seasons also will depend on who the next person is like..

2 hours ago, Greener21 said:

final

Should be made to have a no8

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe for a few seasons also will depend on who the next person is like..

Surely you got a name you can pull out tbe hat ?

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Surely you got a name you can pull out tbe hat ?

I would start with going through the current Poole sponsors ;) Don't forget Matt was the team sponsor the year before he took over!

Edited by lisa-colette

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Dale Allitt has stated publicly that it was KL's proposal to Poole which was then ratified by the SCB and BSPA MC to avoid the sport being further vilified by allowing Ellis to guest for both clubs in the final.

I've said many times that it should not of been allowed. Morris did not fit, i don't blame Poole or Lynn.. It don't matter who pushed what, The fault lies higher up the ladder.

Somerset were 4 riders down in the cup leg 2 and the couldn't use Wright at Lynn because he was 0.05 over.. Either everyone gets the +5% away or no one does.It's not hard to understand.;)How many fans have moaned about Somerset winning the cup, I doubt if any have. Why....No special treatment was allowed !:blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 hours ago, Steve0 said:

You are wrong!  I have said several times that if Poole had used RR or an eligible guest then they would have deserved their win.  Instead, they chose to cheat and use an ineligible guest.  You don’t see me calling you names either or being personal!  What I can’t stand is cheating - and it would be same if Swindon had cheated too!

Rubbish, had we not used an elilgble guest it would have not been sanctioned, so get off your high horse and just accept it.

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Rubbish, had we not used an elilgble guest it would have not been sanctioned,

That makes zero sense!

Had Poole used an eligible guest it wouldn't need to be sanctioned.... because....well... it would have been eligible anyway.

They had to get permission to use an otherwise ineligible guest.    And god knows why that permission was granted.

• Like 4