British Speedway Forum

Greg and Magic have said Poole is a great club for Luke but others with Luke have advised him that Wolverhampton would be a better option and talking to Greg in Poland he said either club would be good for him in different ways and think it's 50/50 but with Sam and Ronnie as constant and local visitors at Monmore he has a good chaperone if he joins Wolves and Team USA has a few links with the Midlands.

Nick Morris is rumoured to be a Wolves target and with both at Rezszow next year it possibly pushes Wolves as slight favourites to get America best young talent. 

Nicolai Klindt and Brady Kurtz have to be on the Poole list for next season and with Woryna staying at Rybnik should see him as another to return and Bomber was popular in his short stint at the club. 

What is left for the other three remains to be seen but no doubt they will have a side to challenge again

8 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

Greg and Magic have said Poole is a great club for Luke but others with Luke have advised him that Wolverhampton would be a better option and talking to Greg in Poland he said either club would be good for him in different ways and think it's 50/50 but with Sam and Ronnie as constant and local visitors at Monmore he has a good chaperone if he joins Wolves and Team USA has a few links with the Midlands.

Nick Morris is rumoured to be a Wolves target and with both at Rezszow next year it possibly pushes Wolves as slight favourites to get America best young talent. 

Nicolai Klindt and Brady Kurtz have to be on the Poole list for next season and with Woryna staying at Rybnik should see him as another to return and Bomber was popular in his short stint at the club. 

What is left for the other three remains to be seen but no doubt they will have a side to challenge again

Looks like Poole and Wolves could be after the same 2 riders.

Can imagine many outside Poole would like to see Poole retain most if not all the riders that finished. Me personally no. 

I think Poole maybe need a couple of changes as they really did get away with one in 2019 and I can't see that happening again and have my doubts about Harris retaining the ability he showed in flashes in 2018. Considering they only won 2 away matches at the bottom club and in the second half some of their away form wasn't great I doubt they could do it again with this team (in my opinion). The Speedway gods were kind to them over the play offs for various reasons which we don't need to drag out again. I can't see them pulling it off again next year.

I would like to  see a couple of changes with young riers such as Morris and Becker coming in (remember Morris still only 24). I also think Morris is on a bargain GSA below Harris and bearing in mind he finished 2017 on nearer 9 than 8 he has proved he can score the points and for me has more scope moving forward than Harris. Plus we know he can ride Poole and did well on our track especially in 2017 even turning over Brady when Brady was establishing his 2017 8 point GSA.

Much of course will depend on the outcome of the BSPA AGM in next couple of weeks on points limit/league structure.

Also interesting that as per SGB news today seems Rye/Lakeside probably won't be racing next year which means Morris may not (at present) have a double up option currently for 2019 ?? I am sure Matt will be doing some decent promoting work with him on the all expenses paid trip he is taking him on to Abu Dhabi with  rest of the team ;-)

8 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

Trouble with Harris is he seems to have one good race and then flops what did he score in the play of not a lot over the 4 meetings ?

8 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Trouble with Harris is he seems to have one good race and then flops what did he score in the play of not a lot over the 4 meetings ?

He didn’t win a race in the final not good for a number one rider with quite clearly he isn’t 

Think people look at Harris through rose tinted specs , easily done when he produced the ride to beat Doyle. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Difficult one with Harris. Was voted rider of the night in 4 of the last 8 matches plus picked up similar awards for the team since July.

Think he is good within a team but going forward it depends on what you compare him to against what is available. Things probably clearer after the BSPA but I would rather have Morris IF he was available and on a lower GSA knowing Morris GSA in 2018 not his true ability. He will also be riding in Nice 1 POL next year so a better league having helped his team get promotion. He arguably has 2 points of improvement in him in a settled team on a track he has ridden well in the past. (Taking his 2017 GSA compared to 2018) That's IF he was available.

Other factors are if he is not would Hans Anderson be of more interest than Harris at just under 0.5 points higher GSA in the bigger scheme of things ??

Plenty to ponder on and mid Nov not that far away.

2 hours ago, Booey boy said:

His ride in heat 15 against Somerset at Poole was worth his inclusion on its own and he affect on the team in the pits is definitely worth a  few extra points .

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

His ride in heat 15 against Somerset at Poole was worth his inclusion on its own and he affect on the team in the pits is definitely worth a  few extra points .

I agree that race alone should put bomber name first on next season team sheet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Booey boy said:

What would you expect him to score? He got 30+6 over the 4 meetings so matched his average

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

What would you expect him to score? He got 30+6 over the 4 meetings so matched his average

And that includes a engine failure in heat 15 at Kings Lynn.

16 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

I would advise any rider starting out to ride a tight technical track, it will teach them so much. Look at Jack Holder,Plymouth there's an example. But it will do Luke no harm to start at poole. He will be well looked after, that i can say.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

He is Pooles number 1 rider and averaging over 7. I would suggest if Poole intend keeping him they need a real number one and then Harris and Kurtz as back up. 

Dress it up how you want and thier name is on the trophy but Poole are the most fortunate league winners I can remember. Keeping 4 or 5 riders from last season won’t work.

No doubt Kurtz is on a good average but his career has stalled. 

You have 2 riders in Harris and Josh unlikely to improve their average and can Klindt make the jump to heat leader? Can Woryna actually do it in the 1-5?

I think out of this seasons team only Kurtz and Freddie are certainty’s to be back and then maybe Harris , Klindt and Woryna but I would take only 2 of that 3

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I would advise any rider starting out to ride a tight technical track, it will teach them so much. Look at Jack Holder,Plymouth there's an example. But it will do Luke no harm to start at poole. He will be well looked after, that i can say.

Luke is hardly starting out is he........he has plied his trade in the States, which is the reason most British tracks would welcome him!!

I'll let you into a little secret..........tight technical tracks are pretty common in California, so your valued advice seems to have been heeded.

Having witnessed Luke on his home tracks, my opinion is the best choice of track for him in Britain (should he choose to ride here, which is far from forgone) would be Sheffield!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KevH said:

Luke is hardly starting out is he........he has plied his trade in the States, which is the reason most British tracks would welcome him!!

I'll let you into a little secret..........tight technical tracks are pretty common in California, so your valued advice seems to have been heeded.

Having witnessed Luke on his home tracks, my opinion is the best choice of track for him in Britain (should he choose to ride here, which is far from forgone) would be Sheffield!!!

Yep know that and i know that.. And i know that we are talking about coming to ride in this country.  Sheffield have as much chance of getting him as i have winning the Euro millions.. Have a good day.. Mr state the obvious. :icon_smile_clown:

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yep know that and i know that.. And i know that we are talking about coming to ride in this country.  Sheffield have as much chance of getting him as i have winning the Euro millions.. Have a good day.. Mr state the obvious. :icon_smile_clown:

Well you didn't seem to know so much in your original post!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

And how do you work that out .will luke Becker be any better than James shanes and look what happen to him Luke would be better riding in the lower league in which you said in your original post but he can't as Poole asset