British Speedway Forum

16 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I would advise any rider starting out to ride a tight technical track, it will teach them so much. Look at Jack Holder,Plymouth there's an example. But it will do Luke no harm to start at poole. He will be well looked after, that i can say.

Not so sure Starry. He may well "get looked after".. But he would need time to learn the tracks and if Matt is still at Poole, I doubt he will be given that time. He will need to hit the ground running, otherwise how long will he last.

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not so sure Starry. He may well "get looked after".. But he would need time to learn the tracks and if Matt is still at Poole, I doubt he will be given that time. He will need to hit the ground running, otherwise how long will he last.

Matt would give him a fair crack of the whip BB, as he's coming from the right scorces.  Thats why i said if it was allowed, and it seems the rules change daily we could make him an asset and loan him out to a championship side, but from what i understand most tracks in that league are big galloping tracks, which really wouldnt help his development
Going back to young Jack, riding at Plymouth did him the world of good, its certainly  stood him in good stead.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Matt would give him a fair crack of the whip BB, as he's coming from the right scorces.  Thats why i said if it was allowed, and it seems the rules change daily we could make him an asset and loan him out to a championship side, but from what i understand most tracks in that league are big galloping tracks, which really wouldnt help his development
Going back to young Jack, riding at Plymouth did him the world of good, its certainly  stood him in good stead.

Hasn’t changed the fact that he’s got a face like a wet weekend and behaves like he’s a superstar when he’s still got much to prove

• Like 1

Dont know what all the fuss is about becker anyway sooner have james back any day whether he would want to ride for us again who knows 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Being an Aussie it would help his development riding at a smaller tracks, just like Americans would gain from riding a big fast track. Prob why Greg got him over to Poland asap! 

• Like 1

Team USA has a lot of people that help them out in Britain based around Wolverhampton and think Wolves who are known for loyalty and have a pedigree with American riders may just be the thing that gets him at Monmore rather than anywhere else. 

Nicolai Klindt and Brady Kurtz would be the first two signed at Poole as Nicolai actually averaged just under eight a match this year and Brady is a bargain on that average. 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:11 PM, Starman2006 said:

I dont agree with that at all. Even after 2 seasons there, I never felt comfortable relying on him getting points. Had a few good meetings there, but never mastered the track. Stuck mainly to the inside, when there is a perfectly good outside line. Regularly coming off or bringing others off. with his erratic riding.

Not at all bothered to have him back at Poole.

16 minutes ago, BobC said:

I dont agree with that at all. Even after 2 seasons there, I never felt comfortable relying on him getting points. Had a few good meetings there, but never mastered the track. Stuck mainly to the inside, when there is a perfectly good outside line. Regularly coming off or bringing others off. with his erratic riding.

Not at all bothered to have him back at Poole.

But the experience has made him a better rider for it.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:47 AM, ray c said:

And how do you work that out .will luke Becker be any better than James shanes and look what happen to him Luke would be better riding in the lower league in which you said in your original post but he can't as Poole asset 

How do you know he wont be.. ?

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

How do you know he wont be.. ?

and where do I say he wont be read the post properly and then  you might understand what I said

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the situation is with Chris Holder.

I read on the forum that he had his place up for sale for about £1.3 mill plus believe he may also have liquidated Chris Holder Racing as a company in UK in June/July 2018  according to a simple google search.

Does anyone know if he plans to stay in UK or if his personal situation with the Courts is now resolved, as saw some instagram videos recently of Max at his also with Jack riding mini bikes after months which hopefully indicated a satisfactory conclusion has come about ??

Another reason I ask is because Jack also stayed with him at his (I believe), and Jack in a recent Polish interview has said he wants to stay racing in UK in 2019, but at this stage is not sure which club he will be racing for.

Enquiring as I wonder if he is any nearer to knowing if he will be able to race in UK in 2019 ?? be it at Poole or anywhere else.

I for one can't wait for my trips down to Poole next year. The Panthers back in the top flight will be great for British Speedway.

The Pirates vs The Panthers were always cracking matches.

43 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Does anyone know what the situation is with Chris Holder.

I read on the forum that he had his place up for sale for about £1.3 mill plus believe he may also have liquidated Chris Holder Racing as a company in UK in June/July 2018  according to a simple google search.

Does anyone know if he plans to stay in UK or if his personal situation with the Courts is now resolved, as saw some instagram videos recently of Max at his also with Jack riding mini bikes after months which hopefully indicated a satisfactory conclusion has come about ??

Another reason I ask is because Jack also stayed with him at his (I believe), and Jack in a recent Polish interview has said he wants to stay racing in UK in 2019, but at this stage is not sure which club he will be racing for.

Enquiring as I wonder if he is any nearer to knowing if he will be able to race in UK in 2019 ?? be it at Poole or anywhere else.

Not sure of the legalities but i would think CH's former partner would have some sort of claim on his possessions/property which could be why he's trying to liquidate them?

1 hour ago, ray c said:

and where do I say he wont be read the post properly and then  you might understand what I said

You always try to come up with a get out of jail card. Seriously have misgivings about you being a Poole fan.

• Haha 2