British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Thats if he is still there of course :)

Probably should have gone already. Made too many poor decisions in 2018 to be in command for the future.

I’d have thj . I thought he was great entertainment at lynn. Came across very well in interviews too. I’d have him back in a beat. Bargain average too

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

THJ looking at a possible return to UK racing, on his average he would be a potential bargain. 

Liked him when he rode for us but seems to have gone downhill since, don't his average is a bargain at all, I think he would struggle to maintain it let alone improve on it.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Liked him when he rode for us but seems to have gone downhill since, don't his average is a bargain at all, I think he would struggle to maintain it let alone improve on it.

Who would want to invest in THJ who if I  remember was not only struggling for points when last in UK but also looked as if he had been eating too many pies ;-).

Anyone in UK Speedway with money to burn on this guy should look at some facts.

This is an EX SGP rider and Poole first teamer (even if only for a short period but back then he was exciting to  watch). His career has been going South for a good few years now. He is so good he can only get a spot this year at Polonia Pila (POL 2nd Div) as nobody wants him in POL EXTR or even in POL Nice 1. In Sweden his team of some years have decided he is not worth more money and by his own admission no other SWE team wants to pay him what he thinks he is worth. (I wonder why ???). Meaning he cannot even invest in the equip he needs in SWE let alone  earn any money.

So this guy reports in POL Speedway media he will not ride SWE but only POL and UK (if he can convince anyone stupid enough to employ him).  Who in the current economic climate in UK is going to fork out money for him to travel each week to UK - Equipment -  wages etc when his form in UK  was so dire last time he rode here. Also not exactly fit and toned..... If SWED don't think he is worth the investment )and the major POL Leagues) then only a crazy deep pocketed Promoter would be mad enough to take such a risk. I would rather pay out for a young British rider to come through than waste it on this has been.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

Probably should have gone already. Made too many poor decisions in 2018 to be in command for the future.

Erm, like what? Ford put together what many thought was a winning 1-7 only for it to fall apart at P&P when Holder had to admit he didn’t have a work permit. 

So Kildemand signed on a short term deal in the hope the Holder situation would resolve. Which it never did. So he kept plugging away trying to get a winning team. 

Which eventually happened. He didn’t give up like many others, or run for months on end with r/r. In speedway, there is no magic so no guarantee that decisions will always be good. 

But, a team that fell apart before the beginning of the year that ended up being league champions can only do that if there were more good decisions than bad. 

5 league wins in the last 8 years is hardly evidence of someone who makes poor decisions. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Erm, like what? Ford put together what many thought was a winning 1-7 only for it to fall apart at P&P when Holder had to admit he didn’t have a work permit. 

So Kildemand signed on a short term deal in the hope the Holder situation would resolve. Which it never did. So he kept plugging away trying to get a winning team. 

Which eventually happened. He didn’t give up like many others, or run for months on end with r/r. In speedway, there is no magic so no guarantee that decisions will always be good. 

But, a team that fell apart before the beginning of the year that ended up being league champions can only do that if there were more good decisions than bad. 

5 league wins in the last 8 years is hardly evidence of someone who makes poor decisions. 

In the 2018 season, very few decisions were “made”, most “decisions” happened by osmosis!!!

Trouble with THJ is he never brings his own equipment over, so it was whatever the club can provide for him. 

3 hours ago, Aviator said:

But still ended up as 2018 champions 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Trouble with THJ is he never brings his own equipment over, so it was whatever the club can provide for him. 

Davey watt not over here now, so can't use his now 

I’m afraid that is absolutely not true. I have sponsored a number of riders over the years and sponsored THJ when he was in the 2013 team. He used my workshop and brought his own equipment and mechanic with him. He was an absolute delight to have around the place.

• Like 1

Aviators right Lisa. THJ is a decent bloke.

37 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

He is a decent, but quite weird individual!!  No doubting his form in the last few years has gone downhill fast even though being a 'family man' has calmed him down a bit.

4.64 is similar to what Woryna started on this season, so would THJ get to 6.30 ish??   Ermmmmmm.......??

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He is a decent, but quite weird individual!!  No doubting his form in the last few years has gone downhill fast even though being a 'family man' has calmed him down a bit.

4.64 is similar to what Woryna started on this season, so would THJ get to 6.30 ish??   Ermmmmmm.......??

THJ is a fitness fanatic and, if he were to ramp that up over the winter months and also focus on the elements relevant to racing a speedway motorcycle could be a force to be reckoned with. There are few riders on my support list for 2019 but, if THJ were to commit to a speedway centric training regime over the winter months, he would get my support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

I’m afraid that is absolutely not true. I have sponsored a number of riders over the years and sponsored THJ when he was in the 2013 team. He used my workshop and brought his own equipment and mechanic with him. He was an absolute delight to have around the place.

It is true. When he has signed for Poole in the past he hasn't brought his own equipment over straight away like other riders. Same when he signed for Lynn first few weeks there he didn't have his own equipment. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Where did I say anything about not being decent??