British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I wonder which night we will go for after all these years on a Wednesday . don't fancy Mondays myself to be honest but with Swindon about 60 miles up the road could split the gate a little bit we shall see

It was stated publicly at the R.E.F. function last night (relayed by Matt Ford) that there would likely be 2 Monday tracks an 5 Thursday tracks (possibly 3M and 4Th). Poole will run mainly on a Thursday although for TV it'll be Mondays. There will be the occasional Wednesday meeting due to when all the Thursday tracks are against each other, if that make sense.  Poole will continue with Good Friday and BH Mondays.  The first home meeting is likely to be around the 10/11 April 2019.

The club will announce 2 new co-promoters (not owners - Matt will still own the club) around the end of this month - they are expected to be officially licenced by the end of November.

Expect the first rider announcement to also be around the same time. NO mention of a new club main sponsor as yet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Woffy too I presume? 

:rolleyes: :D

Let's hope the finer detail will ensure there is common sense...

Not sure the 2.5% reference is clearly stated on the official AGM statement? No surprise there.  We usually have to wait a couple of days for the follow-up statement that seeks to clarify any misunderstandings from the main statement plus anything that they forgot to include. :-)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It was stated publicly at the R.E.F. function last night (relayed by Matt Ford) that there would likely be 2 Monday tracks an 5 Thursday tracks (possibly 3M and 4Th). Poole will run mainly on a Thursday although for TV it'll be Mondays. There will be the occasional Wednesday meeting due to when all the Thursday tracks are against each other, if that make sense.  Poole will continue with Good Friday and BH Mondays.  The first home meeting is likely to be around the 10/11 April 2019.

The club will announce 2 new co-promoters (not owners - Matt will still own the club) around the end of this month - they are expected to be officially licenced by the end of November.

Expect the first rider announcement to also be around the same time. NO mention of a new club main sponsor as yet. 

Thanks well explained

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure the 2.5% reference is clearly stated on the official AGM statement? No surprise there.  We usually have to wait a couple of days for the follow-up statement that seeks to clarify any misunderstandings from the main statement plus anything that they forgot to include. :-)

And then we can also find out the 14 or so additional regulations that are required to completely ensure they cover every possible angle from a sharp practice potential...

(Or so they think)....;):D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Thanks for that Skidder :) Did they mention how many teams can make the playoffs? :unsure:

Ok - Now the AGM is over and with little changed in Prem i.e 2 up - 2 down and even that not 100% definite as the Swindon situation hardly 100% concrete they will be racing if track not built in time (unless they can still race on the old one temporarily ??). 

With Somerset dropping down - Chapman taking over ownership of Ips/Peterborough, what chances now maybe that both Poole assets Chris and Jack Holder returning to Poole for 2019.

Surely not beyond the reams of possibility. Jack I can certainly see with Somerset dropping down. Chris maybe also ?? if his personal situation finally resolved and he is given all clear to race in UK again ??

I know their is plenty of split opinion on them but ultimately both are decent riders and a lot cheaper if living still living together locally without all the associated costs of overseas riders ??

I am sure Matt already on the case if not already a pre-agreement ??

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Then I assume belle vue can ride some Fridays also 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Then I assume belle vue can ride some Fridays also 

Knew you'd pick up on that bit! :D

Good Friday, the only day Poole are referring, to is a profitable day for British Speedway. Make use of ALL bank holidays to ensure better than usual crowds.

Plain common sense tells us that. Id expect other clubs to do the same.

2 minutes ago, BobC said:

Good Friday, the only day Poole are referring, to is a profitable day for British Speedway. Make use of ALL bank holidays to ensure better than usual crowds.

Plain common sense tells us that. Id expect other clubs to do the same.

Everyone will ride good Friday, I'm on about racing some meetings on a Wednesday, not a FRN, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't care. What is the point in having FRN if teams are going to ride on a Wednesday. 

Having 5 teams on a Thursday and 2 on a Monday is ridiculous. Might aswell put all on a Thursday or make a 3rd team ride on a Monday 

With Somerset having dropped a league hopefully one Bank Holiday can be home and away against Swindon. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

With Somerset having dropped a league hopefully one Bank Holiday can be home and away against Swindon. 

As been in the past so no reason why not

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So looks like Matt is staying  for the time being then :)

Now we know what Ford valued Poole at £500k... Buster was coming for him :blink: ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ray c said:

As been in the past so no reason why not

Assuming Swindon have a track to race on ??

isn't there the not the small question of actually getting a certain notice approved to even get approval to start the building. On the Swindon BSF forum it stated.

Planning permission has been granted SUBJECT TO THE SIGNING OF A SECTION 106 AGREEMENT. And as para 55 of the report states "the matters raised are complex and difficult to resolve" and this planning application does not resolve them. Given the history of this application and the applicants previous (in)actions it would be unwise to assume that this will be resolved in short order.   Unquote.

Raising the question that IF this was not agreed and the work did not start/Complete or maybe both, would they be able to race on the old track or is that a no/no ?.

I raise the question as with the loss of Somerset to the Champ the Swindon bank Holiday double fixture would be quite a hit to both promotions with the Derby crowd and revenue one could expect (weather permitting of course).

16 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Assuming Swindon have a track to race on ??

isn't there the not the small question of actually getting a certain notice approved to even get approval to start the building. On the Swindon BSF forum it stated.

Planning permission has been granted SUBJECT TO THE SIGNING OF A SECTION 106 AGREEMENT. And as para 55 of the report states "the matters raised are complex and difficult to resolve" and this planning application does not resolve them. Given the history of this application and the applicants previous (in)actions it would be unwise to assume that this will be resolved in short order.   Unquote.

Raising the question that IF this was not agreed and the work did not start/Complete or maybe both, would they be able to race on the old track or is that a no/no ?.

I raise the question as with the loss of Somerset to the Champ the Swindon bank Holiday double fixture would be quite a hit to both promotions with the Derby crowd and revenue one could expect (weather permitting of course).

Do not need planning permission to alter the track, just the stand etc.