British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

That’s a better 1-7 than the team that won the league

Yes but as we know all to well what potentially on paper doesnt always work out in practice. You were pretty accurate in your assessment prior last season Gav with all the unknown entities and comments for example about Woryna not proven on UK tracks. Spaniak  etc. Kutz not yet a proven number one.

What it does have though is potential and shouldnt cost Ford the earth if both Holders don't want Kings ransoms which hopefully not if they do end up residing still locally.

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Chris Holder has been in Andorra for last week. I think he might be moving there. Fricke and fast Freddie base themself there. 

Interesting.

Remember reading up on it when I found out prior to last season Freddie was based there as my intrigue said - WHY Andorra ???

Seems they have a very favourable tax regime. Probably have a big bearing on him not racing in UK maybe, although he wont have the GP's this year. At least Jack already said in a recent POL interview for Torun that he intended to race UK this year but at the time 1/2 weeks ago he didn't know with which team. Well we know not Somerset it won't be.

Chris Holder will surely wish to retain regular access to his son, now that has been sorted in the courts, so I can't imagine him being based abroad - it would rather defeat the object?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Chris Holder will surely wish to retain regular access to his son, now that has been sorted in the courts, so I can't imagine him being based abroad - it would rather defeat the object?!

Maybe just visiting but also weighing up the pro's and con's of if he did make the move. What we don't know of course is, if as was reported he was selling Holder Towers does he intend still to retain a UK base with another maybe smaller property or could it be that by also winding up Chris Holder Racing as a UK company in the Summer he has seriously contemplated said move. I assume he can still continue to visit his son regular.

Lot's of possibilities/permutations of course and would help maybe if Chris himself put out a short notice on his twitter/instagram page saying if he was at least hopeful to be racing again in UK in 2019.

Suppose we are just going to have to wait on that score until Matt or Chris supplies some news. Of course I assume Matt will try to drag out team news to take full advantage of utilising the media signing by signing around Bournemouth FC news to maximise Poole coverage which he is fully entitled to do. Can' say I blame him as it keeps interest during the dark days of Winter and is good PR.

Suppose Chris and Jack will be back in Aussie anyway to prepare for Aussie Champs in order to get into qualifiers for the SGP ?? Chris now has to take the long route back in. Not much chance of wild card unless he does a Madsen over some seasons or has a resurgent career like Doyle.

a good list of riders to build around with Jack and Chris Holder, Kurtz, Klindt, Grajczoneck, Woryna, Jacobsen, Sundstrom, Worrall etc and with the rule at reserve James Shanes has to be considered and possibly doubling up with Birmingham. 

Klindt and Kurtz have to be nailed on and Jack Holder deserves a shot in a solid line up that proved to be correct this time. Think Bomber will be at Peterborough and Poole will have quite a young line up.

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Jack Holder (Poole Asset) 7.39  for Chris Harris and the 2.5% reduction for Shanesie = 42.47;)  All Poole assets.

Rather have Harris myself. Don't care for Jack's attitude and Harris was such an uplift for the whole team I can't imagine how we can drop him now.

Harris isn't a Poole asset so Poole will not necessarily have first choice!!!

According to several at Somerset, Jack has 'matured' somewhat - certainly his racing has, so hopefully has his attitude.

with Ipswich and peterboroughh coming up I think harris will end in that part of the country maybe jack holder will go back to Peterborough as well

Edited by ray c

2 hours ago, ray c said:

with Ipswich and peterboroughh coming up I think harris will end in that part of the country maybe jack holder will go back to Peterborough as well

Where is Harris based?

15 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Where is Harris based?

Coventry i believe or that way ?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

According to several at Somerset, Jack has 'matured' somewhat - certainly his racing has, so hopefully has his attitude.

It is up to Harris where he rides, it is his choice. I don't think he is an asset of any club. Jack is  a terrific rider but I am not convinced he has matured enough yet.

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, Telford. 

Feel Chris might prefer Peterborough if he has a choice as it is closest to his base and a big fast track. Whilst I'd like him back at Poole in 2019 (he's a Brit, a racer, and a crowd-puller), he may feel 'been there done that' having been part of a winning team. And in a toss-up with Jack Holder, there is no doubt Jack has the greater potential but only IF his attitude has matured as much as his riding!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I would be very surprised if Jack wasn’t included in the 2019 team, my only concern his 7.35 average I likely to make him number 1, we would then require a Chris Holder 7.16 or similar rider in the team to take the number 1 strain after the first set of averages.