British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Harris isn't a Poole asset so Poole will not necessarily have first choice!!!

According to several at Somerset, Jack has 'matured' somewhat - certainly his racing has, so hopefully has his attitude.

I would be very surprised if Jack wasn’t included in the 2019 team, my only concern his 7.35 average I likely to make him number 1, we would then require a Chris Holder 7.16 or similar rider in the team to take the number 1 strain after the first set of averages. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Harris isn't a Poole asset so Poole will not necessarily have first choice!!!

According to several at Somerset, Jack has 'matured' somewhat - certainly his racing has, so hopefully has his attitude.

Gary May has not had a single problem with him.

10 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I would be very surprised if Jack wasn’t included in the 2019 team, my only concern his 7.35 average I likely to make him number 1, we would then require a Chris Holder 7.16 or similar rider in the team to take the number 1 strain after the first set of averages. 

Also worth mentioning the Bonus points not included in the GSA's.

In 24 matches in 2018 Jack scored 25 bonus points which was more than any Somerset rider. Only 3 riders Prem riders matched or better in 2018 in total. One of those was Woryna who matched 25.

After what happened with Brady in 2018 I am always wary of how things will go. Similar to Morris who dropped way off compared to 2017 (like Brady and Nick both fell in similar terms). But what you can't dismiss is that all 3 of those riders have potential and come season start Jack at 23 - Nick at 24 and Brady at 22 all have the potential to push on. I would happily have all 3 as feel all of them will improve even if one maybe doesnt increase at all.

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Also worth mentioning the Bonus points not included in the GSA's.

In 24 matches in 2018 Jack scored 25 bonus points which was more than any Somerset rider. Only 3 riders Prem riders matched or better in 2018 in total. One of those was Woryna who matched 25.

After what happened with Brady in 2018 I am always wary of how things will go. Similar to Morris who dropped way off compared to 2017 (like Brady and Nick both fell in similar terms). But what you can't dismiss is that all 3 of those riders have potential and come season start Jack at 23 - Nick at 24 and Brady at 22 all have the potential to push on. I would happily have all 3 as feel all of them will improve even if one maybe doesnt increase at all.

Before anyone says yes but he had Doyle in the team. Yes he did but as we all know Doyle doesn't normally team ride being very much a self interest rider. You have to still beat the 2 opposition riders and if you have a team mate mainly interested in only gate and go then you still have to do the work to get a BP. Arguably  even more with Doyle in your team ;-)

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Does that mean that gary may got a better relationship with his riders ?:D

• Like 1

Just now, ray c said:

Does that mean that gary may got a better relationship with his riders ?:D

A year older, a year wiser maybe. Can only see Jack improving again next year, would love him back at the Showground ...

35 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Not true at all. May had to threaten him with the sack.

• Like 2

Jack Holder a far better option than Chris Harris for Poole surely.

Harris has the odd good race here and there like beating Doyle, he is a crowd pleaser and probably good for team moral, but he is only going one way and that is down and Jack Holder going the other way.

I would imagine Poole will go with

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Klindt

Jacobsen

Then fill in the gaps, possibly Woryna but he showed last season that unless he was at reserve he didnt do that well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It is up to Harris where he rides, it is his choice. I don't think he is an asset of any club. Jack is  a terrific rider but I am not convinced he has matured enough yet.

Peterborough asset

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not true at all. May had to threaten him with the sack.

Not what he told me.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Not what he told me.

Prob doesn't want it broadcast on the forum! :rofl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Harris has the odd good race here and there like beating Doyle, he is a crowd pleaser and probably good for team moral, but he is only going one way and that is down and Jack Holder going the other way.

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Klindt

Jacobsen

Then fill in the gaps, possibly Woryna but he showed last season that unless he was at reserve he didnt do that well.

I think Matt will find it very hard to leave Chris out after last season, but as ive said before even Chris will freely admit he is not a No 1 but he is captain matierial definately.. All your said riders have the abillity to improve again..

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz

Jack Holder

Klindt

Jacobsen

Think you are underestimating the importance of team spirit, but you do at least have Klindt in there, so I'll let you off!

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Prob doesn't want it broadcast on the forum! :rofl:

Gary doesnt tell rubbish, he says it as it is. If he did give Jack a boll--cking then it would have been early days, but he's had no problem with him last season. And i would believe Gary.

• Haha 1

Jack Holder and BWD were having “a slight disagreement” with each other and Gary had to sort it out by threatening to sack both.

• Like 1