British Speedway Forum

37 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Matt will find it very hard to leave Chris out after last season, but as ive said before even Chris will freely admit he is not a No 1 but he is captain matierial definately.. All your said riders have the abillity to improve again..

why would we change josh as captain he won the league as captain last season I'm sure chris will be at poole next season that's if he rides in this country of course 

1 minute ago, ray c said:

why would we change josh as captain he won the league as captain last season I'm sure chris will be at poole next season that's if he rides in this country of course 

They meant Harris not Holder, I think!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They meant Harris not Holder, I think!!

Ye you maybe right anyway don't think bomber will be at Poole next season 

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you are underestimating the importance of team spirit, but you do at least have Klindt in there, so I'll let you off!

No team spirit is important.

Just cant see why Poole would want Harris back apart from the morale he brings to other riders................it wont be for his scoring and he pretty much went missing in the play off finals didnt even win a race over the two legs

I get what he brings to a team but surely Poole should look forward not backwards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Just cant see why Poole would want Harris back apart from the morale he brings to other riders................it wont be for his scoring and he pretty much went missing in the play off finals didnt even win a race over the two legs

I get what he brings to a team but surely Poole should look forward not backwards

I think Matt  Ford will consider his team carefully.

Let's not  escape the fact that Poole team only won 2 matches away all season - both at Leicester the bottom team who won't be there this year. Shame as think its Klindt's favourite track ;-)

I think  strength in depth will again be important, as we saw with all 3 leagues finishing top wins you nothing (a shame but its a reality as this is the way its set up).

I am sold on Chris Holder (or Nick Morris) - Jack Holder - B.Kurtz - Woryna - Jakobsen - Klindt - Shanes (with his 2.5% reduction) and its creeps withing the 42.5 (assuming Chris keeps his 7.15/16). Last season proved that its about winning your home matches and getting important away points by staying within 6 points. It would be a team of combined youth and experience.

An not convinced about Josh G and have a feeling he has reached his limit and will still be trying hard to establish himself in his adopted home nation Poland having changed teams after failures of 2018. Can see him maybe going back into Champ, although having POL Sunday may mess that up. He was better when doubling up even if an exhausting schedule. I feel there have to be some changes as we were a bit fortunate this year.

Plenty of scope for improvement in the younger riders with stability from Klindt and Holder. Also have 3 possible strong reserves maybe alternating i.e Jakobsen/Klindt and maybe Woryna sharing that berth at times with Shanes.

Of course I could be way off the mark and Matt may have other ideas :-)

13 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Let's not  escape the fact that Poole team only won 2 matches away all season - both at Leicester the bottom team who won't be there this year. Shame as think its Klindt's favourite track ;-)

I think  strength in depth will again be important, as we saw with all 3 leagues finishing top wins you nothing (a shame but its a reality as this is the way its set up).

I am sold on Chris Holder (or Nick Morris) - Jack Holder - B.Kurtz - Woryna - Jakobsen - Klindt - Shanes (with his 2.5% reduction) and its creeps withing the 42.5 (assuming Chris keeps his 7.15/16). Last season proved that its about winning your home matches and getting important away points by staying within 6 points. It would be a team of combined youth and experience.

An not convinced about Josh G and have a feeling he has reached his limit and will still be trying hard to establish himself in his adopted home nation Poland having changed teams after failures of 2018. Can see him maybe going back into Champ, although having POL Sunday may mess that up. He was better when doubling up even if an exhausting schedule. I feel there have to be some changes as we were a bit fortunate this year.

Plenty of scope for improvement in the younger riders with stability from Klindt and Holder. Also have 3 possible strong reserves maybe alternating i.e Jakobsen/Klindt and maybe Woryna sharing that berth at times with Shanes.

I'm sorry to say if I was james I would be looking else where next season after he was the scapegoat for under performing riders last time around if he had been an aussie he may have keep his place just my opinion :nono:

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Josh g can't ride championship as he's Polish ;)

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack Holder and BWD were having “a slight disagreement” with each other and Gary had to sort it out by threatening to sack both.

Wherever you got that information from, but its spot on

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

He is certainly worth consideration, he certainly kick started Pooles season 

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I'm sorry to say if I was james I would be looking else where next season after he was the scapegoat for under performing riders last time around if he had been an aussie he may have keep his place just my opinion :nono:

Just a thought. I partly mention James because he also has a low enough GSA with the reduction to slot in IF Matt's team idea's were along the lines I mentioned.

Looking at the final GSA's there is next to nobody in Premier GSA's that would fit or be ideal imo. Having said that there isn't much to set the pulse racing in the Champ either. HOWEVER I notice one young Aussie that may be of interest to put in the reserve berth and let him also double up and that's Jordan Stewart. Will be 20 in about 10 days and had his first season this year in UK with Redcar. Has a 4.09 GSA converted down at 1.5 would come in on a 3 point av. He is a young Aussie and we all know Poole's love affair with these guys and I am sure they would supply him accommodation like most/all other young Aussies they have had ride for the club.

Stewart just finished runner up to Jaimon Lydsey in the Victoria Speedway Champ in Aussie and both therefore qualified for a UK Working Visa for 2019. Lydsey maybe another possibility (may also better option) as EXL Champs Leszno have also signed him as one for the future but will probably  be loaned out to lower league maybe for more experience ??? Only 19 he raced in POL Lge 2 this season and was 10th in riders League av. Would he qualify on a low av like Stewart being same age and if anything at a disadvantage to Stewart having NOT ridden UK.

Also as Ray says - Being Aussies they would probably be given longer ??

As said just a thought and one has to remember that Shanes first love is arguably Grass Track/Long Track and he may be happy to combine Champ with N/L but I'm just guessing on that score. Do the younger Aussies offer more potential as actual speedway riders than Shanes who will be 22 come season start so 2 years older. Still only young I know but these young Aussies who make the effort to come all the way across the World when so young to develop as Speedway riders do have a habit of pushing on even if not all actual World beaters.

Luke Becker the young American is another option but would he get a low GSA or would they set him too high to fit in the rest of the team ???

Plenty of food for thought.

Unless the regs have changed Stewart as a non brit would be on a min 4 average

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Unless the regs have changed Stewart as a non brit would be on a min 4 average

Hmmm

Then arguably maybe Becker/Lydsey could be better options but again would mean Matt having to jiggery poke further up the team.

50 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just a thought. I partly mention James because he also has a low enough GSA with the reduction to slot in IF Matt's team idea's were along the lines I mentioned.

Looking at the final GSA's there is next to nobody in Premier GSA's that would fit or be ideal imo. Having said that there isn't much to set the pulse racing in the Champ either. HOWEVER I notice one young Aussie that may be of interest to put in the reserve berth and let him also double up and that's Jordan Stewart. Will be 20 in about 10 days and had his first season this year in UK with Redcar. Has a 4.09 GSA converted down at 1.5 would come in on a 3 point av. He is a young Aussie and we all know Poole's love affair with these guys and I am sure they would supply him accommodation like most/all other young Aussies they have had ride for the club.

Stewart just finished runner up to Jaimon Lydsey in the Victoria Speedway Champ in Aussie and both therefore qualified for a UK Working Visa for 2019. Lydsey maybe another possibility (may also better option) as EXL Champs Leszno have also signed him as one for the future but will probably  be loaned out to lower league maybe for more experience ??? Only 19 he raced in POL Lge 2 this season and was 10th in riders League av. Would he qualify on a low av like Stewart being same age and if anything at a disadvantage to Stewart having NOT ridden UK.

Also as Ray says - Being Aussies they would probably be given longer ??

As said just a thought and one has to remember that Shanes first love is arguably Grass Track/Long Track and he may be happy to combine Champ with N/L but I'm just guessing on that score. Do the younger Aussies offer more potential as actual speedway riders than Shanes who will be 22 come season start so 2 years older. Still only young I know but these young Aussies who make the effort to come all the way across the World when so young to develop as Speedway riders do have a habit of pushing on even if not all actual World beaters.

Luke Becker the young American is another option but would he get a low GSA or would they set him too high to fit in the rest of the team ???

Plenty of food for thought.

Ye James first love is gras and long track but he did improve immensely racing speedway last season and I would love to see him back at Poole . But I do think he may think twice before accepting a offer from matt

14 hours ago, ray c said:

Ye James first love is gras and long track but he did improve immensely racing speedway last season and I would love to see him back at Poole . But I do think he may think twice before accepting a offer from matt

Guess it depends who else is interested as he has already had interest from a few clubs. 

In the final instance it'll come down to a numbers game plus whoever MF believes will increase their averages.

As for Shanesie, whilst disappointed to be dropped last season, he was expecting it and is still on very good terms with his local club, Poole.