British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Bomber to Somerset then 

That's fine seeing as they have dropped down!

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

After hearing Wolves news for who they want i would like to see and i think this has chance. 

1. Milik= 7.00 or anyone up to 7.37
  2. Woryna= 6.30 
  3. Josh G= 6.88 
  4. Kurtz= 6.75
  5. Morris= 6.91
  6. Fred= 5.04 
  7. Shanes= 3.25 ish with the 2.5% or anyone up to 3.62 

Have to pick either 1 or 7 to improve 

Ermm no! Where is the leader in that team, just a lot of individuals imo.

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Ermm no! Where is the leader in that team, just a lot of individuals imo.

Don't forget the Middlo factor, he's like a non riding captain :)

12 hours ago, poolebolton said:

After hearing Wolves news for who they want i would like to see and i think this has chance. 

1. Milik= 7.00 or anyone up to 7.37
  2. Woryna= 6.30 
  3. Josh G= 6.88 
  4. Kurtz= 6.75
  5. Morris= 6.91
  6. Fred= 5.04 
  7. Shanes= 3.25 ish with the 2.5% or anyone up to 3.62 

Have to pick either 1 or 7 to improve 

Wot no Nicolai?!   Way off I reckon. Expect MF to spring at least one surprise!

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just a thought. I partly mention James because he also has a low enough GSA with the reduction to slot in IF Matt's team idea's were along the lines I mentioned.

Looking at the final GSA's there is next to nobody in Premier GSA's that would fit or be ideal imo. Having said that there isn't much to set the pulse racing in the Champ either. HOWEVER I notice one young Aussie that may be of interest to put in the reserve berth and let him also double up and that's Jordan Stewart. Will be 20 in about 10 days and had his first season this year in UK with Redcar. Has a 4.09 GSA converted down at 1.5 would come in on a 3 point av. He is a young Aussie and we all know Poole's love affair with these guys and I am sure they would supply him accommodation like most/all other young Aussies they have had ride for the club.

Stewart just finished runner up to Jaimon Lydsey in the Victoria Speedway Champ in Aussie and both therefore qualified for a UK Working Visa for 2019. Lydsey maybe another possibility (may also better option) as EXL Champs Leszno have also signed him as one for the future but will probably  be loaned out to lower league maybe for more experience ??? Only 19 he raced in POL Lge 2 this season and was 10th in riders League av. Would he qualify on a low av like Stewart being same age and if anything at a disadvantage to Stewart having NOT ridden UK.

Also as Ray says - Being Aussies they would probably be given longer ??

As said just a thought and one has to remember that Shanes first love is arguably Grass Track/Long Track and he may be happy to combine Champ with N/L but I'm just guessing on that score. Do the younger Aussies offer more potential as actual speedway riders than Shanes who will be 22 come season start so 2 years older. Still only young I know but these young Aussies who make the effort to come all the way across the World when so young to develop as Speedway riders do have a habit of pushing on even if not all actual World beaters.

Luke Becker the young American is another option but would he get a low GSA or would they set him too high to fit in the rest of the team ???

Plenty of food for thought.

How does 4.09 convert to 3? I make that 2.73 on conversion.

1 hour ago, robins les said:

How does 4.09 convert to 3? I make that 2.73 on conversion.

Min is 3 in 2019

Thought you had to have a minimum of 4.5 champ average converting to 3 to be eligible to double up to prem!?

Jeez, there's some worried people on here already..:rofl:

39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Jeez, there's some worried people on here already..:rofl:

Nuh - Wouldn't surprise me if Matt already knows his 1-7 (or most of them) :D

He will probably drag it out to maximise press releases in the Echo and local media. Noting like max exposure huh ??

In the meantime he has to concentrate on him and his wife's trip to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend and entertaining last seasons team with the sponsors who have helped pay for it. He could of course be using the time to also work on Nick Morris for 2019 after a few bevvies have taken effect ;)

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I cant seem to find any worried people on here at all.

Just decent Poole fans and fans of other clubs doing what we usually do at this time and have a guess/opinion what each teams 1-7 might be. Riders that certain fans might want back and others dont (quite clearly the Holder brothers divide opinion). Its called an adult debate................as i said cant see any people worrying on here.

Check the other teams threads in all leagues , all fans doing the same, guessing the team and voicing an opinion

hear hear :t::)

• Like 1

Well if Chris holder rides over here next season, it certainly narrows it down where he rides, i can think of 3 clubs he won't be riding for 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I cant seem to find any worried people on here at all.

Just decent Poole fans and fans of other clubs doing what we usually do at this time and have a guess/opinion what each teams 1-7 might be. Riders that certain fans might want back and others dont (quite clearly the Holder brothers divide opinion). Its called an adult debate................as i said cant see any people worrying on here.

Check the other teams threads in all leagues , all fans doing the same, guessing the team and voicing an opinion

Well, i guess you will still be saying that when we win the league again next season..:party:

Im not sure CH has been cleared to ride over here, if so, where & when? Im sure he can do a job but I imagine JH would be part of plan & from what I understood his relationship with MF & NM was not good at end of 2017 season but bridges can be repaired 

Edited by Supersub
Mis spelling