British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Well, i guess you will still be saying that when we win the league again next season..:party:

Doubt it .....

56 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Well if Chris holder rides over here next season, it certainly narrows it down where he rides, i can think of 3 clubs he won't be riding for 

If he rides I can think of 6 clubs he won't ride for ;)

I'm fairly sure there are 7 clubs he won't be riding for!!

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No ones business, but I can't see why a rider of his ability can't get permission to ride here

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Nuh - Wouldn't surprise me if Matt already knows his 1-7 (or most of them) :D

He will probably drag it out to maximise press releases in the Echo and local media. Noting like max exposure huh ??

In the meantime he has to concentrate on him and his wife's trip to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend and entertaining last seasons team with the sponsors who have helped pay for it. He could of course be using the time to also work on Nick Morris for 2019 after a few bevvies have taken effect ;)

What, do a Del Boy and ask for an autograph on a paper that contains a contract? :D

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Quite a statement there Skidder! 

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Nuh - Wouldn't surprise me if Matt already knows his 1-7 (or most of them) :D

He will probably drag it out to maximise press releases in the Echo and local media. Noting like max exposure huh ??

In the meantime he has to concentrate on him and his wife's trip to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend and entertaining last seasons team with the sponsors who have helped pay for it. He could of course be using the time to also work on Nick Morris for 2019 after a few bevvies have taken effect ;)

The rules strictly forbid any “tapping up” of another team’s assets!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Maybe they have already asked Rosco! :D

6 hours ago, robins les said:

How does 4.09 convert to 3? I make that 2.73 on conversion.

lydsey b/vue bound lemmo sorted it !!

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Funniest thing I’ve read on here for a long time :)

6 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Funniest thing I’ve read on here for a long time :)

That’s because you are a Poole supporter and rules are there to be broken, bent or twisted - apparently! :wink:

14 hours ago, Steve0 said:

That’s because you are a Poole supporter and rules are there to be broken, bent or twisted - apparently! :wink:

Yes but how does one prove anything ??

Plenty of comments on the Forum that Morris wanted out of Swindon and many Wolves fans were already planning him in their idea of a 1-7. It was said by some he had decided to go there although have never taken much notice as ultimately if he is a Swindon asset you would think they may have a say in the matter. Although when I raise the subject of Chris Holder many jump in and say a rider can decide to ride where he wants (after all Ford put a £25 permanent transfer only tag on his head for 2018 and wouldn't agree a loan deal).

I think ultimately it will be Morris who decides where he rides and IF he chose Poole then no doubt the usual suspects will be crying foul play and illegal tapping up of a rider. Having  said that there is also the not small question of what would Swindon & Rosco have to say about it even if the  rider expresses a wish to leave the club.

On a different note I see Chris Harris posted a fingers crossed emoji on his twitter account in last day when asked a direct question by a supporter if he would ride for Poole in 2019 having signed for Somerset. I think some may be making the association ride at Somerset Wed and stay over for Poole up the road (kind of) on a Thur. Maybe Harris is hopeful he gets a chance to extend his stay.

39 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

See Chris Holder has sold his house (STC)

Moving to Andorra!!

49 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

See Chris Holder has sold his house (STC)

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Moving to Andorra!!

Does Starman live next door?