British Speedway Forum

I presume that's the end of Chris holders career in the UK as he is moving to andorra

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

I presume that's the end of Chris holders career in the UK as he is moving to andorra

Is that confirmed or just a rumour based on a recent post saying he was visiting  Andorra recently ??

Seems a decent place to live if you want low tax though. Up to Eur 24k zero - 24001 to 40k 5% - over 40K 10% & for  non  residents spending less than 183 days per year 10%. Factor in only 4.5% VAT. Also no inheritence tax I am sure Holder has had plenty of discussions with the likes of Fast Freddie Lindgren and I also heard Max Frike who has allegedly done similar.

Nice one if you can afford to live there in the first place. For those among us who may also be considering a move similar to our poorly paid Speedway Riders ;), feel free to visit   https://andorraguides.com/tax/rates/#Income-Tax-Rates-in-Andorra-for-Residents

28 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Is that confirmed or just a rumour based on a recent post saying he was visiting  Andorra recently ??

Seems a decent place to live if you want low tax though. Up to Eur 24k zero - 24001 to 40k 5% - over 40K 10% & for  non  residents spending less than 183 days per year 10%. Factor in only 4.5% VAT. Also no inheritence tax I am sure Holder has had plenty of discussions with the likes of Fast Freddie Lindgren and I also heard Max Frike who has allegedly done similar.

Nice one if you can afford to live there in the first place. For those among us who may also be considering a move similar to our poorly paid Speedway Riders ;), feel free to visit   https://andorraguides.com/tax/rates/#Income-Tax-Rates-in-Andorra-for-Residents

only going what skidder said in a earlier post 

17 hours ago, Steve0 said:

That’s because you are a Poole supporter and rules are there to be broken, bent or twisted - apparently! :wink:

‘Cough’ Troy Batchelor :)

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Harris 7.78 not for me. Would more than likely have to ride at No.1

Must admit can't see how they calculate these final ones as I thought it was based on 20 match rolling av EXCL the play offs.

Am I wrong ?? as previous GSA had Harris at 7.09 so perhaps becomes not so attractive on 7.78 but also Brady goes from 6.75 to 7.05 yet Nick Morris goes down from 6.91 to 6.60.

Maybe somebody can clarify ??

57 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

I'm not sure how the averages work either. 

You go on Green sheet not rolling as some would like to think.

Harris on that average in a downward spiral would be a risk , crowd pleaser yes, motivator yes, but to high an average

Chris Holder on an 8 average as he was a gp rider last season also looks to high 

2 hours ago, Pirate Nick said:

‘Cough’ Troy Batchelor :)

*Cough* Adrian Medzienski

56 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris on that average in a downward spiral would be a risk , crowd pleaser yes, motivator yes, but to high an average

Chris Holder on an 8 average as he was a gp rider last season also looks to high 

Not applicable. Several of the 2018 regs have been dropped and don't apply to 2019.  Chris Holder is very unlikely to ride UK in 2019 according to what I've been told.

43 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I wonder if Harris had seen his new GSA when he replied to a fan on twitter yesterday with fingers crossed he could get back into Poole for 2019. Personally think its too high now and agree he isn't getting better even though some meetings he would do well. But at 7.78 ??. Even his final Champ  was only 7.71 in a weaker league. Much as its hard to forget that magical overtake of Doyle, its too high for my liking. He tends to also start the season slowly and last thing Poole need is another start like 2018.

Haven't really seen any clarification anywhere about GP riders for the 2019 season and we only have Doyle as a guideline. ALTHOUGH what about NKI who is as 7.38 but was in GP last season and requaified for 2019. To me would be grossly unfair if we have one rule for one and one for another. But as said I have not seen anything to clarify if he retains his 7.16 or goes to 8 if the 8 rule even exists for this season, and there seem to be doubts anyway if he will even be in UK in 2019 if his house is now sold STC. Plus comments about Andorra as a new abode maybe.

Ford also confirmed there is NO one over 8 rule for 2019 even though it worked last year to give Leicester and Somerset a chance to get an over 8 rider.

The rider who surely must be on a bargain GSA (even more now than I originally thought) is Morris on 6.60 having finished 2017 at 8.87 that's more than 2 points below what he showed he could achieve. Will be in demand IF he doesn't want to stay at Swindon. Notice he has been included in photo's with his 2 Poole Aussie  colleagues on the plane to A.Dhabi GP out of Aussie and also included in the track walk with same colleagues and part of the younger Ford clan. All expenses paid trip by Poole/Poole promoters.

I wonder if there will be talks although of course Swindon have a say if he is their asset.

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I wonder if Harris had seen his new GSA when he replied to a fan on twitter yesterday with fingers crossed he could get back into Poole for 2019. Personally think its too high now and agree he isn't getting better even though some meetings he would do well. But at 7.78 ??. Even his final Champ  was only 7.71 in a weaker league. Much as its hard to forget that magical overtake of Doyle, its too high for my liking. He tends to also start the season slowly and last thing Poole need is another start like 2018.

Haven't really seen any clarification anywhere about GP riders for the 2019 season and we only have Doyle as a guideline. ALTHOUGH what about NKI who is as 7.38 but was in GP last season and requaified for 2019. To me would be grossly unfair if we have one rule for one and one for another. But as said I have not seen anything to clarify if he retains his 7.16 or goes to 8 if the 8 rule even exists for this season, and there seem to be doubts anyway if he will even be in UK in 2019 if his house is now sold STC. Plus comments about Andorra as a new abode maybe.

Ford also confirmed there is NO one over 8 rule for 2019 even though it worked last year to give Leicester and Somerset a chance to get an over 8 rider.

The rider who surely must be on a bargain GSA (even more now than I originally thought) is Morris on 6.60 having finished 2017 at 8.87 that's more than 2 points below what he showed he could achieve. Will be in demand IF he doesn't want to stay at Swindon. Notice he has been included in photo's with his 2 Poole Aussie  colleagues on the plane to A.Dhabi GP out of Aussie and also included in the track walk with same colleagues and part of the younger Ford clan. All expenses paid trip by Poole/Poole promoters.

I wonder if there will be talks although of course Swindon have a say if he is their asset.

....and Poole Sponsors.  ps One of the younger Ford clan may well be one of the new club Co-Promoters??!!

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

....and Poole Sponsors.  ps One of the younger Ford clan may well be one of the new club Co-Promoters??!!

Sorry my bad. Got caught up in the posting. Was supposed to say Sponsors rather than Promoters. (Although maybe they chipped in as well)

Sorry Skidder an error as know you and many of your local biz colleagues do a great job in sponsoring the team and special treats like A.Dhabi in recognition of the teams efforts.

Seems a bit strange that sponsors/promotion couldn't afford teamsuits to promote their business and look more professional but found the cash to send the riders on a jolly to Abu Dhabi.... 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Seems a bit strange that sponsors/promotion couldn't afford teamsuits to promote their business and look more professional but found the cash to send the riders on a jolly to Abu Dhabi.... 

Maybe Matt had an idea he would end up using 13 riders in 2018 (14 if you include Chris Holder who was at the press day and practicing before fate intervened). Would have cost a small fortune in race suits ;-)

Incredible how generous sponsors can be though on the back of such success. Maybe some had decent bets half way through the  season with bookmakers on winning the play offs when they were nearer bottom than top and all hope looked lost ;-)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I would hope the lack of team suits would not be repeated in 2019 as don't think it looked good personally.  Hopefully some deep pocketed kind sponsor will come forth  next season ;-)

• Like 1