British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

....and Poole Sponsors.  ps One of the younger Ford clan may well be one of the new club Co-Promoters??!!

Wow, really? Family business now then! 

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Harris on that average in a downward spiral would be a risk , crowd pleaser yes, motivator yes, but to high an average

Chris Holder on an 8 average as he was a gp rider last season also looks to high 

Thought Holder was 7.16?? :unsure:

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thought Holder was 7.16?? :unsure:

don't matter if he is not coming anyway :nono:

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

don't matter if he is not coming anyway :nono:

It's a forum if I want to discuss his average I will thanks. A 7.16 ave is not a 8 point average whatever way you look at it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It's a forum if I want to discuss his average I will thanks. A 7.16 ave is not a 8 point average whatever way you look at it. 

Last season if you was in the GP in 2017 and hadn’t ridden here in 2017 you was 8 for 2018

Chris Holder was in the GP in 2018 and didn’t ride over here in 2018, thus making him an 8 for whoever he rides for in the UK

If that rule has been dropped then yes he would be 7.16 , if it hasn’t then he has to be an 8.

If I’m honest I’ve no idea if the rule is dropped

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You go on Green sheet not rolling as some would like to think.

The Green Sheets ARE based on Rolling Averages!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Dog said:

Seems a bit strange that sponsors/promotion couldn't afford teamsuits to promote their business and look more professional but found the cash to send the riders on a jolly to Abu Dhabi.... 

Maybe because some sponsors paid some of their sponsorship monies based on results rather than all at the start of the season, hence monies being available at the end of the season rather than the beginning!!

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe because some sponsors paid some of their sponsorship monies based on results rather than all at the start of the season, hence monies being available at the end of the season rather than the beginning!!

It is interesting to note that every part of the “team” is represented (and in some cases over represented) but no signs of any representation from the all important mechanics. I guess they’re not considered to be important enough to be, part of “the team”... Very divisive move by the promotion!!!

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

It is interesting to note that every part of the “team” is represented (and in some cases over represented) but no signs of any representation from the all important mechanics. I guess they’re not considered to be important enough to be, part of “the team”... Very divisive move by the promotion!!!

For 1 the riders employ the mechanic not the club. Rider has a contract with the club. mechanic has contract with rider. 

2. Most guys have 1/2 mechanics so call it 10 for 7 riders thats 17 people and a hell of a lot of money. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aviator said:

as said, that's down to the riders unless there is a club mechanic

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

For 1 the riders employ the mechanic not the club. Rider has a contract with the club. mechanic has contract with rider. 

2. Most guys have 1/2 mechanics so call it 10 for 7 riders thats 17 people and a hell of a lot of money. 

So, it’s not a team then, just a bunch of self employed riders with no loyalty, supported by a bunch of self employed mechanics with no loyalty. More like a building site than a professional sports team. No wonder the whole thing is a mess..

9 minutes ago, Aviator said:

So, it’s not a team then, just a bunch of self employed riders with no loyalty, supported by a bunch of self employed mechanics with no loyalty. More like a building site than a professional sports team. No wonder the whole thing is a mess..

I know your a sponsor from what you have said but no club can afford that. 

The richest speedway club in the world is Leszno. They do pre season in the mountains of poland and don't take mechanics should they be taking them? 

No, because speedway is built upon riders attracting the best mechanics. Rybnik got Bewley a mechanic in Poland. Bewley still paid for it. 

Riders put there body and lively hood on the line every race mechanics don't. Also this isn't there full time job only Tai and other Gp riders can afford full time. I don't think it is realistic for Poole to do so. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aviator said:

"Mechanics"  usually have jobs and do this for extra money, or know the rider to some extent, and do it for a mate.Maybe the real top guys have a team travel with them all over the world, but I very much doubt it. I wouldn't say most are classed as self employed mechanics. They change wheels, sprockets, maybe clutch plates, alter timing, that type of things, on the night. Usually they don't touch engines, that's a tuners job.  I know an ex rider that used to spanner for Mads at £100 a meeting at Lynn. He had a day job. Not saying they don't deserve something/praise, but many are not "self employed mechanics", more like helpers and many do it for peanuts.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/17218761.dorset-to-get-6-million-to-improve-its-roads-including-patching-up-potholes/

Excellent news for Wimborne Road. As you can see from the WR close up, approximately 5.9 million of it will be spent filling in that crater on bend 1.

An opportunity to make it the bestest race venue in the EL, well after Belle Vue, Peterborough and Kings Lynn...