British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I know your a sponsor from what you have said but no club can afford that. 

The richest speedway club in the world is Leszno. They do pre season in the mountains of poland and don't take mechanics should they be taking them? 

No, because speedway is built upon riders attracting the best mechanics. Rybnik got Bewley a mechanic in Poland. Bewley still paid for it. 

Riders put there body and lively hood on the line every race mechanics don't. Also this isn't there full time job only Tai and other Gp riders can afford full time. I don't think it is realistic for Poole to do so. 

As a sponsor, I know exactly how it works.. I was being provocative because I believe either ALL of the “team” should have gone or NONE of the team should have gone. By the way, nobody forces people to ride speedway bikes, riders choose to do it and they know the risks. I can’t help thinking that the money spent on the “jolly” would have been better spent on “team” race suits. I hope we don’t see the promoters doing an Oliver Twist in 2019..

Edited by Aviator

1 hour ago, Aviator said:

As a sponsor, I know exactly how it works.. I was being provocative because I believe either ALL of the “team” should have gone or NONE of the team should have gone. By the way, nobody forces people to ride speedway bikes, riders choose to do it and they know the risks. I can’t help thinking that the money spent on the “jolly” would have been better spent on “team” race suits. I hope we don’t see the promoters doing an Oliver Twist in 2019..

From what Matt ford put in the echo wednesdag sounds like racesuits could be back. I just don’t think mechanics are part of the team imo. I think only riders like Tai could say mechanics are part of his team. 

2 hours ago, Aviator said:

Just to extend the 'provocation' a bit further and in order to fully thank the whole 'team' then maybe  track officials, volunteers and fans should have been invited also?!;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to extend the 'provocation' a bit further and in order to fully thank the whole 'team' then maybe  track officials, volunteers and fans should have been invited also?!;)

Absolutely Skidder, which would have made the cost so prohibitive, NONE would have gone. The money would have been better spent on improving the Club (and it’s facilities) in readiness for the 2019 season.

3 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Absolutely Skidder, which would have made the cost so prohibitive, NONE would have gone. The money would have been better spent on improving the Club (and it’s facilities) in readiness for the 2019 season.

But if a particular sponsor (or two) pick up the cost of the trip from their annual financial commitment to the club, then its down to them who is invited to go!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

But if a particular sponsor (or two) pick up the cost of the trip from their annual financial commitment to the club, then its down to them who is invited to go!!

I don’t disagree with that but, MF did state that he had to “dig deep” into club funds to pay for it..

51 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Oh dear God!! 

If Matt ford can afford this trip and no put the club at risk. Surely that is a great thing. 

Guys look happy though. Seen polish clubs thinking about doing similar now. 

Nothing wrong with the Poole team going away , if thats what the club wants to do so be it.

No idea why Nick Morris has gone not even a Poole rider..................what about those riders that were actually Poole riders that contributed to the season a heck of a lot more than Morris..........Kildemand, Sundstrom, Shanes, Nielsen...........surely these guys should have gone and not Morris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Nothing wrong with the Poole team going away , if thats what the club wants to do so be it.

No idea why Nick Morris has gone not even a Poole rider..................what about those riders that were actually Poole riders that contributed to the season a heck of a lot more than Morris..........Kildemand, Sundstrom, Shanes, Nielsen...........surely these guys should have gone and not Morris

he help win the league for us :rofl:  in which you know anyway perhaps he is a pirate in the making ?

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, ray c said:

he help win the league for us :rofl:  in which you know anyway perhaps he is a pirate in the making ?

In 2 matches (one of which he shouldnt have been allowed to ride in)

PK, Sundstrom, Saucepan, Shanes and Nielsen all rode in more matches than Morris, blimey even Covatti guested twice maybe he should have gone.

As you say maybe a deal has been done as it seems ridiculous to take another teams rider on a jolly up when there are riders more deserving............................maybe its because he is an Aussie

You know it’s the off season when we have 2 pages of why guys are on the trip. 

With 2 new co promoters and signings to come. 

Surely something in the next week. Usually Wednesday or Thursday with lack of Cheeries coverage on those days. 

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

You know it’s the off season when we have 2 pages of why guys are on the trip. 

With 2 new co promoters and signings to come. 

Surely something in the next week. Usually Wednesday or Thursday with lack of Cheeries coverage on those days. 

Might be another Ford on the promoters list!!!! Could be the start of a handover that would allow the “old man” to move off into new pastures whilst still keeping a “hand on the tiller”!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Might be another Ford on the promoters list!!!! Could be the start of a handover that would allow the “old man” to move off into new pastures whilst still keeping a “hand on the tiller”!!

Sounds like it will be a younger Ford. 

I feel for Adam Ellis in all of this. All set to be part of Poole's Play-Off Final then gets scuppered by King's Lynn having a hissy fit. Could of had the luxury of a trip to Abu Dhabi at the F1, now nothing.

He's who I feel for out of all this, kind of rubbing his nose in it when the whole situation wasn't his fault imo.

• Like 1