British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I feel for Adam Ellis in all of this. All set to be part of Poole's Play-Off Final then gets scuppered by King's Lynn having a hissy fit. Could of had the luxury of a trip to Abu Dhabi at the F1, now nothing.

He's who I feel for out of all this, kind of rubbing his nose in it when the whole situation wasn't his fault imo.

Yes but now we have Morris taking an insta - story of Sam Smith performing! :D

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I feel for Adam Ellis in all of this. All set to be part of Poole's Play-Off Final then gets scuppered by King's Lynn having a hissy fit. Could of had the luxury of a trip to Abu Dhabi at the F1, now nothing.

He's who I feel for out of all this, kind of rubbing his nose in it when the whole situation wasn't his fault imo.

Not this again.... You do like a dig at Lynn. Poole booked Morris at home and Eliis away, so Lynn booked Eliis at Poole away  would of had Morris at home... Poole went nuts as the complained , despite it  being perfectly legal at the time. That's what started all this off.. Lynn did nothing wrong. Everything was within the rules at the time that Poole had the "hissy fit". :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not this again.... You do like a dig at Lynn. Poole booked Morris at home and Eliis away, so Lynn booked Eliis at Poole away  would of had Morris at home... Poole went nuts as the complained , despite it  being perfectly legal at the time. That's what started all this off.. Lynn did nothing wrong. Everything was within the rules at the time that Poole had the "hissy fit". :P

That should get them going again :wink:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Gavan said:

In 2 matches (one of which he shouldnt have been allowed to ride in)

PK, Sundstrom, Saucepan, Shanes and Nielsen all rode in more matches than Morris, blimey even Covatti guested twice maybe he should have gone.

As you say maybe a deal has been done as it seems ridiculous to take another teams rider on a jolly up when there are riders more deserving............................maybe its because he is an Aussie

Maybe its more about looking forward than looking back?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

OK I'll bite. Maybe you should read your own Dale Allitt's comments as to what happened and who instigated it.

Lynn did nothing wrong just something a bit stupid!!

Edited by Skidder1

Not sure if it fits, but the 1 - 7 that rode the playoff final don't look that bad 

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Not sure if it fits, but the 1 - 7 that rode the playoff final don't look that bad 

Yes but they were all riding for KL! :rofl:

26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

It doesn’t fit, and I’m pretty sure Kurtz is a shoo in anyway. I’m also not sure Poole, or anyone else for that matter, will find Harris too attractive on 7.78.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole did not go nuts, Lynn wanted Ellis for both and didn't want Poole to use him at all. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

OK I'll bite. Maybe you should read your own Dale Allitt's comments as to what happened and who instigated it.

As I’ve said Kings Lynn mainly to blame.....doesn’t make it right as the governing body should have not allowed Morris to ride...... all done and dusted and Poole won the league because of other teams injuries misfortune and then using a rider that should never have been allowed to ride......let’s hope next season we have worthy champions not just lucky ones

27 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Yes but they were all riding for KL! :rofl:

The clue there is that this is a Poole thread 

Well the playoffs were now over a month ago and were still going on about this crap, Morris for Poole Ellis for Kings Lynn 1st leg, then Morris for Kings Lynn and Ellis for Poole 2nd leg was complete nonsense, and common sense prevailed, and while were still dwelling on the past. Poole Volvo Pirates 2018 champions, still sounds good, roll on 2019 that's have more of the same 

• Like 1

Did it? Amending the rule so an illegible rider could ride for a team.? What ever the reason. It was good in terms of non farcical. But it was bad because it was yet another thing to go against lynn. At the end of the day rr and a number 8 would have been the least farcical and most integral thing. No rules needed to be amended for that. It’s history but it’s still sour. As was the toft injury and exclusion. It was a great season and everything but I’m left feeling like an Irishman has tarmacked my driveway at a “good price”. I hope that common sense prevails in future and the rr option is taken/forced

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing wrong.. Thanks.. :t: Stupid... it was a final, Lynn's first chance to the title, NKI got injured, I think it was the night before and it was within the rules. Poole would of done the same !!

You will never convince me that Ford would do anything in a final to benefit the other team.

Poole where 1 rider down. About a week later, in the cup Somerset where 4 riders down and used Wright at home in leg one, but couldn't use him in leg 2 at the AFA because he was just over, and it was just. Do you think it was fair to allow Poole to do it with 1 rider out and not Somerset with 4 ?

How is that fair? I don't think I read one person moaning about the way Somerset beat Lynn over 2 legs in the cup either. I wonder why.

I'm not saying it was anyone's fault other that the powers that be. A rule is should be  the same for all.

If you going play ground stuff, Poole pulled the 1st hissy fit  after Lynn booked Ellis, which was legal .  Anything after that was avoidable if that was allowed, as stated in the rulebook.

And before you say that Morris average fitted at the time, and they hadn't amended the averages, that's not the case at all. They fit now, but not at the time.

And i'm not bringing it all up again. I was just replying to Lynn supporter Daniel Smith's post ;)

That's about it. On to 2019. And Buster is coming for you :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1