British Speedway Forum

Quaking in our boots!!!!! ;):party::D

In what will almost certainly be Matt Ford's last season, 2019 should be another great one - for Poole!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Quaking in our boots!!!!! ;):party::D

In what will almost certainly be Matt Ford's last season, 2019 should be another great one - for Poole!!

Indeed.... I back Poole every season to win the title. I have them in a double with Wilder stopping Fury next week. The bet was placed a few months ago @ 5/1 :t:

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nothing wrong.. Thanks.. :t: Stupid... it was a final, Lynn's first chance to the title, NKI got injured, I think it was the night before and it was within the rules. Poole would of done the same !!

You will never convince me that Ford would do anything in a final to benefit the other team.

Poole where 1 rider down. About a week later, in the cup Somerset where 4 riders down and used Wright at home in leg one, but couldn't use him in leg 2 at the AFA because he was just over, and it was just. Do you think it was fair to allow Poole to do it with 1 rider out and not Somerset with 4 ?

How is that fair? I don't think I read one person moaning about the way Somerset beat Lynn over 2 legs in the cup either. I wonder why.

I'm not saying it was anyone's fault other that the powers that be. A rule is should be  the same for all.

If you going play ground stuff, Poole pulled the 1st hissy fit  after Lynn booked Ellis, which was legal .  Anything after that was avoidable if that was allowed, as stated in the rulebook.

And before you say that Morris average fitted at the time, and they hadn't amended the averages, that's not the case at all. They fit now, but not at the time.

And i'm not bringing it all up again. I was just replying to Lynn supporter Daniel Smith's post ;)

That's about it. On to 2019. And Buster is coming for you :P

Well he's got 3 chances, but none of them will finish above Poole 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nothing wrong.. Thanks.. :t: Stupid... it was a final, Lynn's first chance to the title, NKI got injured, I think it was the night before and it was within the rules. Poole would of done the same !!

You will never convince me that Ford would do anything in a final to benefit the other team.

Poole where 1 rider down. About a week later, in the cup Somerset where 4 riders down and used Wright at home in leg one, but couldn't use him in leg 2 at the AFA because he was just over, and it was just. Do you think it was fair to allow Poole to do it with 1 rider out and not Somerset with 4 ?

How is that fair? I don't think I read one person moaning about the way Somerset beat Lynn over 2 legs in the cup either. I wonder why.

I'm not saying it was anyone's fault other that the powers that be. A rule is should be  the same for all.

If you going play ground stuff, Poole pulled the 1st hissy fit  after Lynn booked Ellis, which was legal .  Anything after that was avoidable if that was allowed, as stated in the rulebook.

And before you say that Morris average fitted at the time, and they hadn't amended the averages, that's not the case at all. They fit now, but not at the time.

And i'm not bringing it all up again. I was just replying to Lynn supporter Daniel Smith's post ;)

That's about it. On to 2019. And Buster is coming for you :P

Poole did not have a hissy fit. Where do you get all this crap from, storyland of make believe!! Poole said they couldn't do anything about KL using Ellis. KL realising what a laughing stock they were going to make the final, thought you know what how about we both keep the same guest for both legs. Pity they chose the wrong guest. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole did not have a hissy fit. Where do you get all this crap from, storyland of make believe!! Poole said they couldn't do anything about KL using Ellis. KL realising what a laughing stock they were going to make the final, thought you know what how about we both keep the same guest for both legs. Pity they chose the wrong guest. 

But they created a big fuss about it. Remember  :approve:

Edited by Bald Bloke

47 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

But they created a big fuss about it. Remember  :approve:

No fuss we just got on with winning the final.Remember.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I agree that the final would have been a laughing stock to have a rider riding in both legs for different teams......

Much better to have an illegal rider instead and change the rule just for one match!!!

Ive never said it’s Pooles fault at all

But the final was a farce because of this allowance to let Morris ride

You can't win 

Untitled.png

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

r/r so easy but who cares I  certainly don't 

With respect. If your team had never won it in 50 odd years and you finished top, and had NKI injured 24 hours before, I think you might see it the same. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

With respect. If your team had never won it in 50 odd years and you finished top, and had NKI injured 24 hours before, I think you might see it the same. 

not at all niels was not your no1 and brady was ours so in theory you had the advantage . anyway we start again next march 

1 minute ago, ray c said:

not at all niels was not your no1 and brady was ours so in theory you had the advantage . anyway we start again next march 

He had a higher average than Kurtz. And you are forgetting the in form reserve MPT.

So ford is on the hunt for that main sponsor. 

Not actually a bad time to be looking for one. With BT viewership being up. I’m sure someone steps up to the plate.