British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Why is Gavan still throwing a strop about the 2018 season? 

Your definition of a strop is very different to mine but each to their own.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Your definition of a strop is very different to mine but each to their own.

Cant get over it can you Gav. Poole Pirates Premiership champions 2018. Sounds good dun it  :party:

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Cant get over it can you Gav. Poole Pirates Premiership champions 2018. Sounds good dun it  :party:

Why are you piping up.

For what its worth when you have Lisa bringing it up (and yes her along with Bald Bloke brought it up again) then anyone can respond and i think about 7 different people have. yet you choose again to use my name.

And please tell me what i need to get over as if you think its Poole winning the title then im actually not bothered.

What i want is the integrity of the sport to be upheld and not for the sport to look like a joke.

Nick Morris should never have rode....its not rocket science to understand the reasons surely. Kings Lynn were daft to suggest it and of course Poole would take the opportunity to use a rider that they shouldnt have bet they couldnt believe their luck.

The final became a farce and lets just hope this season the title is won fairly.

Not once have i said it was Pooles fault but the same people love a pop when quite clearly they arent intelligent enough to read what people write.

The precedent has been set now for future finals.

Poole fans would be up in arms if it happened against them this year

Edited by Gavan

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

For what its worth when you have Lisa bringing it up (and yes her along with Bald Bloke brought it up again) then anyone can respond and i think about 7 different people have. yet you choose again to use my name.

And please tell me what i need to get over as if you think its Poole winning the title then im actually not bothered.

What i want is the integrity of the sport to be upheld and not for the sport to look like a joke.

Nick Morris should never have rode....its not rocket science to understand the reasons surely. Kings Lynn were daft to suggest it and of course Poole would take the opportunity to use a rider that they shouldnt have bet they couldnt believe their luck.

The final became a farce and lets just hope this season the title is won fairly.

Not once have i said it was Pooles fault but the same people love a pop when quite clearly they arent intelligent enough to read what people write.

Not guilty this time your honour.. May I put forward Daniel Smith . Evidence can be found on page 56 :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

I agree with you, I always think when it comes to the play offs it is better if the teams have the same riders for both legs but if not then r/r should be used.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

Nevermind eh, perhaps Buster Chapman will win the league for you..... Or maybe not...:rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Why are you piping up.

Again what is with the lying. I did not bring it up! 2/3 people started talking it before me. Maybe YOU should start reading better. 

So Luke Becker chose Wolves.

One rider we can exclude from the name the Poole team for 2019 game.

Doyle back at Swindon will definitely make them stronger which begs the question what of Morris and Batchelor ??

Let's hope Matt gives us something as a start in the near future. Sure spent plenty of time eulogising over the Abu Dhabi trip.

26 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So Luke Becker chose Wolves.

One rider we can exclude from the name the Poole team for 2019 game.

Doyle back at Swindon will definitely make them stronger which begs the question what of Morris and Batchelor ??

Let's hope Matt gives us something as a start in the near future. Sure spent plenty of time eulogising over the Abu Dhabi trip.

Morris on a 6.6 average & Doyle at 1 is a no brainer for me staying at Swindon.

• Like 2

Not the end of the world if Morris stays at Swindon to be honest.  Hoping we do the right thing and grant Harris another season with us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

Not the end of the world if Morris stays at Swindon to be honest.  Hoping we do the right thing and grant Harris another season with us. 

Agree, but if he wants to make a move down South then I'd be quite happy to see him at Poole. 

Can't see any major signings being announced or confirmed until a new Main Sponsor is in place!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Can't see any major signings being announced or confirmed until a new Main Sponsor is in place!!!

Was thinking similar Skidder while I was out last 2 hours. My other thinking was is Matt even able to sign any so called Star or high class riders until he knows IF and when a Main Sponser is going to agree a deal. Not being negative on this point but knowing the lack of finance in the sport and the fact major companies seem reluctant to get involved, one has to raise the question is anyone going to come forward with major sponsorship of the level Matt wants and to a degree got especially with Ready Power until 2 seasons ago when he had to go for the lower Volve deal which has also ended. Are we to assume Volvo were not interested in extending the deal ??. Hope they do get a decent sponsor but could it have an adverse affect on signings unless one is secured ??

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Agree, but if he wants to make a move down South then I'd be quite happy to see him at Poole. 

I have a split opinion on Harris. Part of me says good team man but another part of me  says will he be too up and down ?? Complicated further by his revised GSA up from 7.09 as per GSA 1/10 to a final av of 7.78 a whole 0.69 higher I assume based on  deleting his Rye scores as though play offs didn't count ?? Suddenly doesn't look so good. Doyle for example is 9.80 but you know you will get 10/15 points per meeting from him which we know with Poole riders last year you could get anything from 0 to 10/12 (if you were lucky).

For me Matt has to give some serious thought to the 2019 team. Yes 2018 started badly but honestly I am not yet convinced the likes of Kurtz/Josh G/Woryna/Fredrikson will improve their av big time and Klindt had a good season (sometimes) and again not 100% convinced he would improve.

Having so called strength in depth is good on the one hand but for me they had a good slice of luck and good fortune in 2018 to win the League whatever some Poole die hard's may think. Yes they did the job but asking lightning to strike twice with most of the same team ??. I can't see it PLUS the team has to shed a massive 2.64 points anyway to get back to 42.5 for season start. Would you tie up Harris at a whole 7.78 out of that will he even achieve that knowing realistically he is nearer a 7 IMO. Maybe you can get a proven 8 pointer which would be better but again can the club afford such expense with no confirmed team sponsor.

I think Matt is going to have plenty on his plate trying to find a decent combination for 2019 plus if he can even do it early enough IF he doesn't have a main sponsor on board.

Hope it does not become a case of "Oh Well" we achieved what I wanted and that was the League Champions in 2018 out 70th year so in what may be my last year at the Club let's just go for consolidation without a large expense.