British Speedway Forum

james is worth a place on excitement alone but then would he want to ride for poole after the way he was treated last season he improved at Sheffield and Birmingham . who knows

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

james is worth a place on excitement alone but then would he want to ride for poole after the way he was treated last season he improved at Sheffield and Birmingham . who knows

I don't think he was treated that bad . It wasnt a Kyle Newman esque break up. 

Ive spoken to James and he said that he would happily go back and getting away was the best thing for him at such a young age. He is a 5 point rider in the champ and was proably the 2nd best rider in NL all season. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

I don't think he was treated that bad . It wasnt a Kyle Newman esque break up. 

Ive spoken to James and he said that he would happily go back and getting away was the best thing for him at such a young age. He is a 5 point rider in the champ and was proably the 2nd best rider in NL all season. 

There is some logic in the Shanes possible signing if Matt is tight on budget.

He will only just turn 22 as 2019 season starts - so still young - he is on a low GSA but I would not expect a large increase as with say a Woryna/Jakobsen in that position - he is local so no expensive flights or accommodation as he also stores his bikes I believe at home - is normally well prepared as he works in tandem with preparing his grassrtack/longtrack equip. I am sure he would not cost as much as a foreign youngster who anyway would be on a 4 or 5 min and that's without all the expense involved with no guarantees anyway.

If Matt is having to trim 2.64 from last seasons team anyway then you could do worse although would love to know what other teams reserve plans are.

Would also not surprise me to see him also ride in Champ for either Birmingham who he rode for in NL and who look certain to come up as not mentioned in latest BSPA National league news after their AGM or maybe even Eastbourne who are also moving to Champ so not too far to travel. Having said that his Grass/Longtrack weekend commitments on the Continent may determine which Champ team he goes to.

I see Todd Kurtz has signed for Somerset in Champ.

Only mention it as I am sure Todd & Brady stay at one of Middlo's places when in UK and thought Todd also mechanics sometimes for Brady. Makes sense if its close to their UK abode.

Perhaps a positive sign for Brady rejoining Poole (not that I have any doubt on that score anyway).

As a footnote - If Matt is on a tight budget he could maybe consider Todd on approx 4.43 as a reserve  - would again be cheap if staying in Middlo supplied accom and no expensive travelling costs. Don't see much scope for improvement though as has been over here riding for 9 years and 26 now, Would prefer an improver like Pickering on 4.58 - is 22 tomorrow - improved year on year in his 2 years in UK at Edin - was also mentioned briefly by Matt last season when he was looking to shake things up after the shaky early season. I think he has better scope to improve. Just a thought ;-)

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
put wrong League

Stevehols74, you seem very concerned about Poole having to lose 2.64. Belle Vue have to lose even more, 2.84, despite winning nothing. It just shows how unlucky we were with injuries at the business end of the season but I've not seen anybody constantly mentioning it. That's how it goes sometimes, you just have to get on with it and only mention it if we lose to Poole. :D

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Stevehols74, you seem very concerned about Poole having to lose 2.64. Belle Vue have to lose even more, 2.84, despite winning nothing. It just shows how unlucky we were with injuries at the business end of the season but I've not seen anybody constantly mentioning it. That's how it goes sometimes, you just have to get on with it and only mention it if we lose to Poole. :D

Wish I was Stevehols74 Aces51 as I would be 20 years younger - Thanks for the compliment though :D

I only mention it as some of my fellow Poole contributors have been commenting on trying to maintain most/all of the team for 2019, which in my opinion was fortunate in a number of ways to win the play offs. I would not expect lightning to strike in the same place twice over those matches (lets pls not go there on the various incidents and rider eligibility as its all history now). The team also only won 2 matches away against the bottom team Leicester (no longer in Prem) mainly on the back of Klindts efforts as was his favourite track.

Anyway the facts  remain we have to shed at least 2 riders and maybe even 3 to get the right mix for 2019. Something has to change hence if you read my other contributions you will see why I  have eliminated some of the said riders to get withing the 42.50 limit with my ideas of a team. Hence the reason we call this tread Poole 2019 ;)

Its already a boring close season so far, so until we get some positive (or negative) news we can continue to play name the team for 2019. Something indeed BV fans also have to play with having to shed 2.84 points from last season which again a thankless task.

9 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Not going to lie. Only reason why Shanes is in the 1-7 is because I ran out of points to play with.

Can see your point but its the old juggling act and not really much out there in that low GSA range who can see competing. At least James has had some experience of it and has now got more experience via Sheff & Birm last season.

If we know some of the teams will have fairly weak reserve pairings it would also help give an idea what he may be up against in some of the races. Until then its all guess work.

2 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

The only way Poole are getting Morris is if Rosco gets Kurtz in return.

Or if Ford's tapped him up in Abu Dahbi. :nono:

Shanes was unlucky to lose out last season and could easily slot in at number 7. For me Poole need to look the top end.

Poole won many matches last season by their reserves totally out scoring the opposition reserves because Woryna/Worrall/Jacobsen were in those positions. Jacobsen will now be the main reserve and Woryna will have to step up markedly in the main body

Kurtz is a no brainier and so I think is Klindt

Kurtz

Klindt 

Woryna

Jacobsen 

Those are the only 4 riders I can see going back to Poole , Harris is to bigger risk on his inflated average that can only go one way.

Can see Jack Holder being back and maybe Batchelor 

Poole need a big hitting number one but who would come? 

Poole got lucky winning the league last season and now have to lose points..... could be a tricky winter trying to get it right 

• Like 1

I see 2 team options 

1. J. Holder= 7.39 

2. Woryna= 6.36

3. Josh G= 6.70 

4. Morris=6.6 (Klindt is possible) or anyone up to 6.72 

5. Kurtz= 7.05

6. Fred= 5.04

7. Shanes= 3.24 

Team 2 

1. Batch= 7.69 

2. Woryna= 6.36

3. Kurtz= 7.05 

4. Wright= 5.2 or anyone up to 5.73 (maybe Kacper G if he is on that 5.51 average) 

5. J.Holder= 7.39 

6. Fred= 5.04 

7. Shanes= 3.24 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Shanes was unlucky to lose out last season and could easily slot in at number 7. For me Poole need to look the top end.

Poole won many matches last season by their reserves totally out scoring the opposition reserves because Woryna/Worrall/Jacobsen were in those positions. Jacobsen will now be the main reserve and Woryna will have to step up markedly in the main body

Kurtz is a no brainier and so I think is Klindt

Kurtz

Klindt 

Woryna

Jacobsen 

Those are the only 4 riders I can see going back to Poole , Harris is to bigger risk on his inflated average that can only go one way.

Can see Jack Holder being back and maybe Batchelor 

Poole need a big hitting number one but who would come? 

Poole got lucky winning the league last season and now have to lose points..... could be a tricky winter trying to get it right 

I agree, the first 4 I can see return will be Brady, Nico and Josh although I don’t feel he is the best choice with  better options available, it’s clear Matt has a soft spot for Josh, I can see them being joined by Jack who could very well start the season as number 1 which is a major concern. We have had issues over the past few seasons with out a clear number 1 & that does need addressing. The remaining 3 could be interesting and finances will play a major role in that. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Matt Ford is on Have I Got News For You tonight!

11 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Matt Ford is on Have I Got News For You tonight!

Matt FordE is on tonight, sadly knows little about speedway but is a comedian. Perhaps thinking about it a BSPA rep?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

J.Holder, Kurtz,Woryna,Jacobsen Shanes would be the five i would base my team around be interesting to see what Matt does.

Add Josh G and Nic and your done. 

Edited by poolebolton