British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? Cook loves BV more than anyone ever has and you want him binned for trouble maker Jack Holder? I'd take Cook in a heartbeat over Jack, much better attitude :)

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? Cook loves BV more than anyone ever has and you want him binned for trouble maker Jack Holder? I'd take Cook in a heartbeat over Jack, much better attitude :)

never mentioned binning him your words not mine !! i said COULD ?? well be leaving ?? 

Been plenty of talk about Cook leaving Belle Vue.......certainly not binned lol

3 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Doesn't inspire me at all.

1. Brady Kurtz 7.05

2. Linus Sundstrom 6.04

3. Nicolai Klindt 6.61

4. Kacper Woryna 6.36

5. Josh Grajczonek 6.70

6. Fredrik Jakobsen 5.04

7. Nico Covatti 4.70

= 42.50

I can see your reasoning.

That 1-7 means Brady has to step up and he didnt handle the pressure last season.

It relies heavily on Klindt maintaining or bettering his form.........can he do that at this stage of his career? He certainly looked a better rider last year

Josh G isnt getting any better and Woryna needs to step up.

Having said that it would be the best reserve pairing in the league

Kurtz in my opinion needs a true number one to ease his burden.......who that is i have no idea

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Doesn't inspire me at all.

1. Brady Kurtz 7.05

2. Linus Sundstrom 6.04

3. Nicolai Klindt 6.61

4. Kacper Woryna 6.36

5. Josh Grajczonek 6.70

6. Fredrik Jakobsen 5.04

7. Nico Covatti 4.70

= 42.50

Cant see that team winning the league or even getting to play offs :(

Pity we missed out on Morris, I thought with Darcy connection & that he went on Dubai trip he was nailed on. As said earlier, Swindon looking strong

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I can see your reasoning.

That 1-7 means Brady has to step up and he didnt handle the pressure last season.

It relies heavily on Klindt maintaining or bettering his form.........can he do that at this stage of his career? He certainly looked a better rider last year

Josh G isnt getting any better and Woryna needs to step up.

Having said that it would be the best reserve pairing in the league

Kurtz in my opinion needs a true number one to ease his burden.......who that is i have no idea

I think Ford has a real conundrum on his hands. Many want to retain much of the team BUT with Harris being elevated on GSA and having to lose 2.64 points from last seasons team is a difficult one. Does he go for a strength in depth look as mentioned by Blackheart or does he look more at an established number one which means he has to cut further down and also possibly have weak reserves.

Depends on your view. One could argue, and has been proven, that strong reserves keep you in the meeting and is it more about trying to win at home and pinch odd points away to try and make play offs ?? We all know that a really good/strong team on paper doesn't always mean it will perform to that level (as evidenced by Poole first half of the season). Also the team that finishes top isn't guaranteed to win the league, again as proved last season ALTHOUGH both KL and Mildenhall were dogged by both injuries and bad luck at important phases of the season end. We will never know re Lakeside as personally think they  were hampered by the loss of their big home advantage track at Arena Essex.

I personally feel  resigned to the that due to a lack of finance and main team sponsor, maybe Ford has already let us down gently in his Echo press release last week where he eluded to both matters, and may well seek out a more strength in depth team which has scope to improve as the season develops. He faces a problem anyway trying to juggle the points if he wants to try and get most of last seasons team kept together.

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

Cant see that team winning the league or even getting to play offs :(

Yes but we were supposed to sweep the League easily last season with what was on paper and look where we stood in July.

Remember Matt faces a juggling act anyway with the points limit.

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

never mentioned binning him your words not mine !! i said COULD ?? well be leaving ?? 

But he wouldn't leave on his own accord. If he's not riding for BV it's cos they got rid. 

51 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Me neither. I don't want Covatti for a number of reasons.

1. Possibly no Jakobsen.

2. If Jakobsen does sign he may have to ride at No.2

3. If Jakobsen and Covatti are the reserves for 2019 then we have used nearly 10.00 points up on the No.6 and No.7 (9.74). Which would leave us weak in other area's of the team. 

Depends what the plan would be further up the team.

Part changes are forced on Matt anyway with the 2.64 over the team limit. If it was Covatti (and no idea where this emanated from) then they would need maybe a Shanes as that is one way of shedding some points IF they are planning Jakobsen into the main team. But Covatti could be a replacement for Worrall but that only saves 0.90 so still have to find a 1.74 saving somehow.

At least Wed evening should give us one seventh of the answer :-)

47 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Depends what the plan would be further up the team.

Part changes are forced on Matt anyway with the 2.64 over the team limit. If it was Covatti (and no idea where this emanated from) then they would need maybe a Shanes as that is one way of shedding some points IF they are planning Jakobsen into the main team. But Covatti could be a replacement for Worrall but that only saves 0.90 so still have to find a 1.74 saving somehow.

At least Wed evening should give us one seventh of the answer :-)

It will just be Brady. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It will just be Brady. 

Middlo will be pleased then as guarantees the rent from him and Todd in one of his hone residencies for another season ??

On the subject of residency. I wonder where Jack will be living in 2019 should he sign for Poole bearing in mind Chris had reportedly sold Holder Towers STC. Also is anyone any the wiser on Chris's plans for 2019. Been very quiet on social media other than a couple of comments re past racing. Would be nice if he could maybe comment as to whether he will be on these shores on not in 2019.

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Middlo will be pleased then as guarantees the rent from him and Todd in one of his hone residencies for another season ??

On the subject of residency. I wonder where Jack will be living in 2019 should he sign for Poole bearing in mind Chris had reportedly sold Holder Towers STC. Also is anyone any the wiser on Chris's plans for 2019. Been very quiet on social media other than a couple of comments re past racing. Would be nice if he could maybe comment as to whether he will be on these shores on not in 2019.

I thought it been said he is moving to Andorra may have got that wrong 

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

I thought it been said he is moving to Andorra may have got that wrong 

Yep I saw the same thing mentioned but that was based on a comment from one party who mentioned he had been visiting over there. Also heard that besides Fast Freddie living there so had Max Fricke moved there but again like the Holder comment don't know if any truth in it.

I know Chris has had a tough time with personal situation and no doubt messing around with the authorities as a result, but would be nice to know if he has commited to living abroad and or has excluded riding again in UK certainly for 2019 and if he has sold up to move abroad . Ultimately for a long time he was a legend at Poole and a WC, and much as that was 6 years ago now many wanted him back for 2018 and were glad he was announced on that low 7.16 GSA. Would just be nice to find out what the outcome is for Chris for the future.

I would certainly love to see him back again and with Jack but maybe too much has happened for us to see him racing in UK again ?? Someone out there other than Chris must know what his situation is now.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But he wouldn't leave on his own accord. If he's not riding for BV it's cos they got rid. 

well I've lost count of the riders poole have got rid of or binned :rofl:

36 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

well I've lost count of the riders poole have got rid of or binned :rofl:

Some of us have high standards y'know! :D You ride good or you're out! Keeps them on their toes :D