Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nobody cares who finishes top - because it won't feature in any historical records!

You are wrong there skidder. many people in Norfolk were very proud that Kings Lynn, for the first time in their history finished top of the no 1 League in British Speedway. 

So why say nobody ?  Where did you gain that info from ?   Was it a straw pool you did at Wimborne ?

1 minute ago, semion said:

Arch, That's a given. Let the record show and all that.  Doesn't change the fact that Lynn still finished top of the league with Poole winning 2 meetings to claim a title.  

Have a watch of the Wilder/Fury fight. The record books show's that as a draw.   Look at how many Trophy's Lance Armstrong won. 

Why are you bringing up a convicted cheat? Totally irrelevant. 

Look, 2019 if you could choose Lynn to top the table and win F all, or finish fourth and take home the title and trophy, what would you prefer?

3 minutes ago, semion said:

You are wrong there skidder. many people in Norfolk were very proud that Kings Lynn, for the first time in their history finished top of the no 1 League in British Speedway. 

So why say nobody ?  Where did you gain that info from ?   Was it a straw pool you did at Wimborne ?

Do they have play offs in cycling and boxing now?

See Arch, that's prob where we differ.  For you, it seems its all about winning.  At Lynn we don't ever win much, but that's ok, we still enjoy our Speedway.  So to end up as the best team in the league over a full season is enough for me. I don't need a win over 2 elgs to define my season of watching Speedway.

What's Wimborne got to do with anything?  Poole don't ride in the Dorset town of Wimborne!!

My post was merely following the theme of ForeverBlue's, because in the overall scheme of things speedway it means very little except to 'the many people of Norfolk'!!

2 minutes ago, semion said:

See Arch, that's prob where we differ.  For you, it seems its all about winning.  At Lynn we don't ever win much, but that's ok, we still enjoy our Speedway.  So to end up as the best team in the league over a full season is enough for me. I don't need a win over 2 elgs to define my season of watching Speedway.

You didn’t answer the question? And of course it’s all about winning! This is SPORT!

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Do they have play offs in cycling and boxing now?

I don't think they do, but sometimes in sport the result doesn't tell the full story.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

You didn’t answer the question?

Arch, How can I answer the question ? It has never happened. If it ever does I will be n a better position to answer the question

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What's Wimborne got to do with anything?  Poole don't ride in the Dorset town of Wimborne!!

My post was merely following the theme of ForeverBlue's, because in the overall scheme of things speedway it means very little except to 'the many people of Norfolk'!!

Sorry my mistake Skidder. I got that wrong.  Did you get it right that nobody care ?

It might be suggested you winning over 2 legs at the end of the season means very little to anyone outside of Dorset.

Edited by semion

Just now, semion said:

I don't think they do, but sometimes in sport the result doesn't tell the full story.

The full story was that Kings Lynn failed in their attempt to win the Premiership, and Poole were Premiership Champions...

• Like 3

Sorry my mistake Skidder. I got that wrong.  Did you get it right that nobody care ?

Nobody cared when Poole topped the league  in 2010 .

Arch, How can I answer the question ? It has never happened. If it ever does I will be n a better position to answer the question

It’s a pretty simple question to answer! What would you prefer, Lynn to finish 4th next season and win the title and take the trophy, or finish 1st and win nothing but a few condescending pats on the back? It’s a simple question that I’m pretty sure I know your answer to!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s a pretty simple question to answer! What would you prefer, Lynn to finish 4th next season and win the title and take the trophy, or finish 1st and win nothing but a few condescending pats on the back? It’s a simple question that I’m pretty sure I know your answer to!!

I would feel that we won a 2 legged play-off.