British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He didn’t win the league for us at all. He didn’t go and bang in 15 points a meeting. 

He has an actual average on 6.91 not 7.5 

Also I’m allowed to not be the biggest fan of bomber. And I’m not the biggest fan of bomber. 

If he hadn't beaten Doyle we wouldn't have even been in the final 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

We, is that the Royal we ?  Luck plays a massive part, sometimes you have to make your own luck, and ride it.

thought it was about you re surfaced have a nice day:(

Sometimes a simple news article on Poole website can perhaps be a give away. If a rider was not returning you would have thought this article would not have appeared on the Poole Website 2nd Dec.

POOLE'S PLATINUM number one Brady Kurtz returned to competitive racing on Saturday night contesting the New South Wales State Championship at Cowr

Would hardly seem to be talking about a rider who won't be back next season. Think most of us know he will be back for sure and his GSA is still decent at 7.05 even if it was uplifted due to removal of Rye scores. Would like to think last season was his initiation into globe trotting around Europe (POL/SWE & UK) so will improve for the experience.

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

KL finished top and it isn't even a opinion, it is a fact.

They sure did,  over the course of the season I think we both agree that they were without doubt the best team in the League.  Poole were just in the right place at the right to be take advantage of Kings Lynn's misfortune over the 2 legs.

Edited by semion

18 minutes ago, semion said:

They sure did,  over the course of the season I think we both agree that they were without doubt the best team in the League.  Poole were just in the right place at the right to be take advantage of Kings Lynn's misfortune over the 2 legs.

So much being aired on Poole 2019 Forum as to  who won the league last season , it's getting a bit silly. People must be bored to continue this pointless discussion ongoing.

We all know KL were the better team on actual league position as were Somerset but ultimately all the record will show is as what is shown on the SGB's own website - Home Page under

ROLL OF HONOUR

PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS: POOLE

PREMIERSHIP RUNNERS UP: KINGS LYNN

Until the powers that be change anything on the League Format (if they ever would), this is what will be remembered in the records and not who topped the League.

If you want evidence of that look at 2010. Poole finished way out on top by 17 points from Wolves and a massive 26 points ahead of Coventry. But Coventry beat Poole in the Play Off Final and all the record show is that Cov were Champs and Poole Runners up.

Now can we get back to the subject of Poole 2019 as history is written and behind us now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Poor Pboro. Getting stuck with Harris. 

Ford masterstroke! Not worth that 7.5 ish average he is on with the 2.5%!

Are you actually a Poole fan? Very disrespectful individual aren't you?? Getting 'stuck'? Nice 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Are you actually a Poole fan? Very disrespectful individual aren't you?? Getting 'stuck'? Nice 

Sorry, stuck is a poor choice of words. 

I just  don’t think bomber is the guy to deliver another title. 

I don’t get why just because I’m a poole fan I have to like Chris Harris. Never really been a fan. But that’s my personal choice. 

18 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Hopefully will be a good signing for Pbro and suited to their big track.

I feel he would not have been so good for Poole 2019 on overall team make up with his elevated GRI due to Rye results being deleted, but yes was a decent signing from July having overcome any early season set up problems.

It's good to see him sorted and with it being only a 2 hour drive from home in Telford on hopefully decent roads also puts him closer to home.

I think if he had stayed at Poole he would have had some good days, but I am not convinced he was the way forward for the team although always grateful for his efforts in helping the team become Prem Champions in 2018. Will always be a good team player this side of 40 and hopefully beyond but just feel he would not achieve his uplifted GSA from season start in Poole for 2019 and that's my opinion. A lot happened for Poole in the last 3rd of the  season which would be difficult to replicate with a squad built around his higher appointed GSA and with the team also having to lose 2.64 whole points on top.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hopefully will be a good signing for Pbro and suited to their big track.

I feel he would not have been so good for Poole 2019 on overall team make up with his elevated GRI due to Rye results being deleted, but yes was a decent signing from July having overcome any early season set up problems.

It's good to see him sorted and with it being only a 2 hour drive from home in Telford on hopefully decent roads also puts him closer to home.

I think if he had stayed at Poole he would have had some good days, but I am not convinced he was the way forward for the team although always grateful for his efforts in helping the team become Prem Champions in 2018. Will always be a good team player this side of 40 and hopefully beyond but just feel he would not achieve his uplifted GSA from season start in Poole for 2019 and that's my opinion. A lot happened for Poole in the last 3rd of the  season which would be difficult to replicate with a squad built around his higher appointed GSA and with the team also having to lose 2.64 whole points on top.

2.64 oh my days Steve! Come on man, i don't even follow Poole and i know how many points they have to lose now !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Interesting little stat also on Jakobsen.

In 13 matches for Poole after he joined in July he weighed in with 16 bonus points.

When the team is trying to keep things tight these BP are important. Would have added over 1 point per meeting had BP been incl in GSA calculations.

Of course it does help if you have a good team mate also in reserve as a partner :-) Hence an argument maybe to have strong reserves.

Bonus points are irrelevant to the match score and are often acquired with a lazy third place, beating an opponent who is sub-standard, has given up or has fallen off.

18 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

2.64 oh my days Steve! Come on man, i don't even follow Poole and i know how many points they have to lose now !

And your point is ?????

For the purpose of the Poole 2019 Forum (which believe it or not this is...) it is a worthwhile discussion point that MAYBE a combination of Harris elevated GSA allied to the current team being 2.64 over, left Matt in a difficult position that he had to do some surgery on the team anyway to make it competitive (hopefully) for 2019. Maybe if Harris had not had his GSA uplifted and IF the team were not 2.64 over perhaps he would have been retained. We will never really know.

Much as some wanted him back I think those 2 factors certainly didn't help.

But it's part of forum chat which is better than the crap being aired on who won the league nonsense that's been going on last 2 days.

Also many would have liked most of the team retained from 2018 but sure needs some work to get it down to within the limit so something has/had to give on team selection and still does. Again sensible forum discussion.

1 hour ago, semion said:

Yes, just the opposite of 2010. You were too busy calling us chockers to be bothered about it then! 

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Bonus points are irrelevant to the match score and are often acquired with a lazy third place, beating an opponent who is sub-standard, has given up or has fallen off.

Not so irrelevant if you were on a 5-1 with your team mate though huh ??

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

And your point is ?????

For the purpose of the Poole 2019 Forum (which believe it or not this is...) it is a worthwhile discussion point that MAYBE a combination of Harris elevated GSA allied to the current team being 2.64 over, left Matt in a difficult position that he had to do some surgery on the team anyway to make it competitive (hopefully) for 2019. Maybe if Harris had not had his GSA uplifted and IF the team were not 2.64 over perhaps he would have been retained. We will never really know.

Much as some wanted him back I think those 2 factors certainly didn't help.

But it's part of forum chat which is better than the crap being aired on who won the league nonsense that's been going on last 2 days.

Also many would have liked most of the team retained from 2018 but sure needs some work to get it down to within the limit so something has/had to give on team selection and still does. Again sensible forum discussion.

Calm it - i'm just saying you're repeating the same bit over and over and over with every post. 

I've not contributed to any of the "crap" you're referring to, i'm just saying it's a bit repetitive with very little in forward strides.  It's 2.64 i think most folk get that now.  I've seen it in at least 15 of your posts now. 

Your posts are good and informative, albeit becoming difficult on the eye at the moment.

Anyway.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

You just have to suck it up that you won nothing.

Can’t recall many saying Poole were the best in 2010 when we finished 24 points clear of Coventry. Injuries happen. You can enjoy the fact that KL had a good season by their standards but were blown away when it mattered.