British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Maybe Piotr pawlicki is in the frame not riding in Sweden yet not in the GPS  not sure if wolves can fit him in ?

Wolves have asked him so I assume any team plans have included him in.

I think personally however that if he comes back to the UK it will be with Poole.

So Matt Ford will announce the first Poole signing this evening - and we are to hear from the rider himself!!

I wonder if the telephone/video hotline will be to Australia, Denmark, Poland or stay within the UK?;)

I guess there will be further rider announcements at MF's Christmas 'do' for sponsors and friends on 14th !!?

Edited by Skidder1

No big number one for Poole in 2019 unless a 7 pointer steps up to the plate. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No big number one for Poole in 2019 unless a 7 pointer steps up to the plate. 

A big number 2 much more appropriate for Wimborne Rd. :icon_smile_clown:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So Matt Ford will announce the first Poole signing this evening - and we are to hear from the rider himself!!

I wonder if the telephone/video hotline will be to Australia, Denmark, Poland or stay within the UK?;)

I guess there will be further rider announcements at MF's Christmas 'do' for sponsors and friends on 14th !!?

why would it be a hotline last year Woryna turned up in person didn't he?

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

why would it be a hotline last year Woryna turned up in person didn't he?

If the rider turns up maybe its James Shanes as he only lives local ;-)

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Think it's going to be Hans Andersen or Jack Holder at No.1 with Brady Kurtz at No.5

Would be good to give us a decent first signing announcement (besides Brady) rather than further down the team, as we might have a better insight into Matt's thinking on team make up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Would be good to give us a decent first signing announcement (besides Brady) rather than further down the team, as we might have a better insight into Matt's thinking on team make up.

The announcement of the top riders also helps sell season tickets, normally.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Think it's going to be Hans Andersen or Jack Holder at No.1 with Brady Kurtz at No.5

Personally prefer Hans

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

The announcement of the top riders also helps sell season tickets, normally.

Good & interesting point. With supposedly little money in the sport, I am sure Matt will need as much money as possible close season, also with the main team sponsor still not sorted.

Would have thought even 100 advanced Season Tickets would yield around £20/22k. A decent signing announcement would sure accelerate that process you would think. Would also  act as a gentle nudge to sponsors for 2019 with the annual xmas do about to come round.

14 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Good & interesting point. With supposedly little money in the sport, I am sure Matt will need as much money as possible close season, also with the main team sponsor still not sorted.

Would have thought even 100 advanced Season Tickets would yield around £20/22k. A decent signing announcement would sure accelerate that process you would think. Would also  act as a gentle nudge to sponsors for 2019 with the annual xmas do about to come round.

Rumours going round that no concessions or season tickets at some clubs-can't see that being good for the sport

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

If the rider turns up maybe its James Shanes as he only lives local ;-)

I would like it to be him but is he allowed back as he was sacked from the team last season.

36 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Rumours going round that no concessions or season tickets at some clubs-can't see that being good for the sport

Swindon got concessions already announced 

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Hope so either of those would do unless by some miracle Chris Holder has sorted himself out.

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would like it to be him but is he allowed back as he was sacked from the team last season.

sure james would be better going to Swindon he got more chance of getting a full season baring injuries of course :t:

• Like 1