British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes we all have no idea how it works we all think that whoever is top of the league in May is the champions.............are you telling us all that even if you are bottom early on like Kings Lynn were, that you can actually finish top come September...............i never ever knew that and im sure that all the fans of other clubs are content that you made us aware of this....thank you

Though i do seem to remember that before a wheel was turned last season that yourself and Mr Shovlar were telling everybody that the Poole 1-7 to start the season would blow everybody away.....that it was a 1-7 far superior to everyone elses team (i mean Shovlar even changed his avatar to the magnificent 7 they were that good)......................there was no mention then of 'its what happens at then end of the season' .......................i guess you have decided to change your outlook

Still won the league tho, how many clubs keep there starting 1-7 for what ever reason. ?. Hmm You sound like a very jealous person who just cannot get over it. Nevermind, keep going it will be March soon, 8 will become 9.. ..:rofl:

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

As it seems Swindon can't fit Stefan Neilsen in their team , i think it would be terrific if he came back to to Poole and i think he could put at least a point on his average.

Agreed 100% would love to see stefan back and would def improve like you say

I know of someone who was looking at Sponsoring Poole before Volvo picked it up as a tax break and after looking at the demographic of the supporters and speaking with another big firm who sponsor another club/riders they decided that putting money into the sport would not reflect well on there company.  One thing he said to me was after reading message boards (It was the poole one at the time) was that it was like listening to kids squabble in the playground.

I had a meeting with him for some projects i have with them in the next few months and mentioned in passing that the club was for sale - He laughed and said no fool will buy it - Cant really argue with it can you. Hopefully someone will though as it would be a shame to see it disapeer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hampshire3321 said:

I know of someone who was looking at Sponsoring Poole before Volvo picked it up as a tax break and after looking at the demographic of the supporters and speaking with another big firm who sponsor another club/riders they decided that putting money into the sport would not reflect well on there company.  One thing he said to me was after reading message boards (It was the poole one at the time) was that it was like listening to kids squabble in the playground.

I had a meeting with him for some projects i have with them in the next few months and mentioned in passing that the club was for sale - He laughed and said no fool will buy it - Cant really argue with it can you. Hopefully someone will though as it would be a shame to see it disapeer. 

I would think its going to have to drastically drop down in sale price for anyone to consider maybe it could be bought for a pound if worse comes to the worse.

4 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I believe Kenneth Bjerre will lead the Pirates in 2019

He will indeed.    But he'll be wearing a Belle Vue racesuit as he leads the trailling Pirates riders.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

Yes we all have no idea how it works we all think that whoever is top of the league in May is the champions.............are you telling us all that even if you are bottom early on like Kings Lynn were, that you can actually finish top come September...............i never ever knew that and im sure that all the fans of other clubs are content that you made us aware of this....thank you

Though i do seem to remember that before a wheel was turned last season that yourself and Mr Shovlar were telling everybody that the Poole 1-7 to start the season would blow everybody away.....that it was a 1-7 far superior to everyone elses team (i mean Shovlar even changed his avatar to the magnificent 7 they were that good)......................there was no mention then of 'its what happens at then end of the season' .......................i guess you have decided to change your outlook

Just to correct you on the avatar that Mr Shovlar was using...It was indeed the “Magnificent Seven” but it was the Seven riders voted for by Poole supporters as the best Seven riders to wear the Skull and Crossbones in their 70 year history and was nothing to do with the Pirates 2018 starting line-up.

Hope that helps.:t:

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Still won the league tho, how many clubs keep there starting 1-7 for what ever reason. ?. Hmm You sound like a very jealous person who just cannot get over it. Nevermind, keep going it will be March soon, 8 will become 9.. 

Let's wait until we see all teams line ups.

Edited by noggin
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Just to correct you on the avatar that Mr Shovar was using...It was indeed the “Magnificent Seven” but it was the Seven riders voted for by Poole supporters as the best Seven riders to wear the Skull and Crossbones in their 70 year history and was nothing to do with the Pirates 2018 starting line-up.

I much preferred a previous avatar showcasing the magnificent two. :t:

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

I would think its going to have to drastically drop down in sale price for anyone to consider maybe it could be bought for a pound if worse comes to the worse.

More like my price range!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

Just to correct you on the avatar that Mr Shovar was using...It was indeed the “Magnificent Seven” but it was the Seven riders voted for by Poole supporters as the best Seven riders to wear the Skull and Crossbones in their 70 year history and was nothing to do with the Pirates 2018 starting line-up.

He's been told a few times! 

• Like 1

Had a few months off from this place. Can see a lot of the same boring arguements are still going on. But just wondered where Matt Ford Fan is these days? Thought he would be full of it in here after the play offs.

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

As it seems Swindon can't fit Stefan Neilsen in their team , i think it would be terrific if he came back to to Poole and i think he could put at least a point on his average.

Or he might think of the help Poole gave him when he got injured riding for them last season ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Had a few months off from this place. Can see a lot of the same boring arguements are still going on. But just wondered where Matt Ford Fan is these days? Thought he would be full of it in here after the play offs.

You've missed the boat.. :rofl: There will be another along next October..:party:

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You've missed the boat.. :rofl: There will be another along next October..:party:

What on earth are you talking about?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2