British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

You won the play/ off not the league.

Think you will find we are the league Champions, not playoff champions. Well done to Kings Lynn on being first loser/runners up.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

So who were crowned league champions then? :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

surely somebody won the league  let me think ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Just to correct you on the avatar that Mr Shovlar was using...It was indeed the “Magnificent Seven” but it was the Seven riders voted for by Poole supporters as the best Seven riders to wear the Skull and Crossbones in their 70 year history and was nothing to do with the Pirates 2018 starting line-up.

Hope that helps.:t:

Just to correct you 

He posted an avatar of the 7 riders that Poole had in their team

He changed it over halfway through the season to the top 7 riders in Pooles history

I ribbed him early on in the season about it 

I’m sure he will come on here and call me a liar because it’s easier for him

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Or he might think of the help Poole gave him when he got injured riding for them last season ;)

Or he might think of the great time he had riding for us before his unfortunate injury. 

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Or he might think of the great time he had riding for us before his unfortunate injury. 

seemed to be forgotten after he got injured though ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

Just to correct you 

He posted an avatar of the 7 riders that Poole had in their team

He changed it over halfway through the season to the top 7 riders in Pooles history

I ribbed him early on in the season about it 

I’m sure he will come on here and call me a liar because it’s easier for him

You are talking crap as usual. The only magnificent seven avatar I used was of the poster featuring the 7 riders voted for by Poole fans over the decades.

https://goo.gl/images/kJ1XMi

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You are talking crap as usual. The only magnificent seven avatar I used was of the poster featuring the 7 riders voted for by Poole fans over the decades.

https://goo.gl/images/kJ1XMi

Wasn’t going to correct him again as I was 99.9% sure you only used that one. :t:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

No Michael Lee in the seven very strange.

Who would he replace out of those seven? There are other riders I would place before Lee. Schofield, Lars, Yeates, ...

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who would he replace out of those seven? There are other riders I would place before Lee. Schofield, Lars, Yeates, ...

Can you remember the 83 version? beat Carter 4 -0  in the helmet also beat Erik i know the longevity was not there but at his best i have not seen to many better than him at Poole..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Can you remember the 83 version? beat Carter 4 -0  in the helmet also beat Erik i know the longevity was not there but at his best i have not seen to many better than him at Poole..

I was at Halifax for that, Kenny had already beaten Penhall home and away but Lee claimed to have built a special engine for the Halifax leg, He broke the track record in the first match race and continued to beat the record as it stood before that night, in all his races. He had a five ride maximum in the match and won heat and final in the second half. The two of them were superb British talents who wasted their lives.

Simmo also was a legend a class act but i cant remember to many riders blowing Carter away like Lee did the last three months in 83 Lee was back on it the rest is history.

2 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I was at Halifax for that, Kenny had already beaten Penhall home and away but Lee claimed to have built a special engine for the Halifax leg, He broke the track record in the first match race and continued to beat the record as it stood before that night, in all his races. He had a five ride maximum in the match and won heat and final in the second half. The two of them were superb British talents who wasted their lives.

Did he ride in the pairs meeting Foamfence with Julian Parr ???that version of Lee was awesome his performance reminded me of his brilliant Longtrack title performance the flying hairpin.