British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

We are just going Strength in depth. 

And if the Turbo twins 2.0 turn up this year which i expect then we are really talking. 

I don't think either will be at Poole, if either it might be Jack

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Let's face it, there aren't many good analogies with speedway.

Regardless, it was very poor for Poole to do nothing for Stefan when he broke a leg riding for them. Mitch Davey is not a Swindon asset but we raised thousands for him.

Just common decency.

quite agree never even had a collection for Stefan at poole very poor 

10 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Both will be at Poole.

unless chris has changed his mind matt has said that chris will not be riding in the uk next season ? 

Edited by ray c

Personally I think the rumoured Poole team looks alright. Im happy with Swindon and Wolves and Peterborough at least are looking decent. Could it be another close year like 2018. Hopefully!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

quite agree never even had a collection for Stefan at poole very poor 

I agree we could have had a collection but Mitchell Davey's injuries were far more serious and I think that is relevant.

22 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Sorry thought members were discussing Jack Holder & Brady Kurtz. Long day :oops:

They were..? I always thought Brady and Jack were the turbo twins 2.0. Whereas Chris and Darcy were the original. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Sorry thought members were discussing Jack Holder & Brady Kurtz. Long day :oops:

I could have read it wrong as well . I do think brady and jack will spear head the pirates next season

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Let's face it, there aren't many good analogies with speedway.

Regardless, it was very poor for Poole to do nothing for Stefan when he broke a leg riding for them. Mitch Davey is not a Swindon asset but we raised thousands for him.

Just common decency.

Agree. I believe Poole had a collection for Harris when he wrecked his bike. Now Chris is not short of a pound or 2, but it was in Poole's interest for him to have top machinery. Where as Stefan, while I suspect he hasn't got much money and couldn't earn any, was no more use to Poole with a broken leg ..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Agree. I believe Poole had a collection for Harris when he wrecked his bike. Now Chris is not short of a pound or 2, but it was in Poole's interest for him to have top machinery. Where as Stefan, while I suspect he hasn't got much money and couldn't earn any, was no more use to Poole with a broken leg ..

The Poole collection for Bomber was just by the fans via social media ie not officially arranged or supported by the club!!

ps. next rider announcement later this evening or tomorrow for the local media!!

Edited by Skidder1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Poole collection for Bomber was just by the fans via social media ie not officially arranged or supported by the club!!

ps. next rider announcement later this evening or tomorrow for the local media!!

Hope so.

The one so far hardly going to get people out spending money on a season ticket which Poole so actively seem to be pushing ahead of rider announcements.

Wonder how Matt's quest for the main team sponsor is going. With little to no money going into the club would one would think he is desperate for season ticket sales hence why they are probably pushing the point.

Perhaps a sign of the clubs financial state and Matt's perhaps waining interest in putting much more into the biz will be highlighted by the lack of perhaps some top and up and coming stars that graced the team in 2018. Can't help thinking it will be more of a home grown inexpensive feel to it, and I incl Aussies in that as they all live here ranging from living with Middlo to others who are also based here.

Think we will see that other than Doyle the true World Stars will again be conspicuous by their absence incl young  and up and coming Poles/Danes. I  excl Rob Lambert who is both a Brit and a potential World Star.

Still hopefully will be a team to at least hold its own with strength in depth, IF the 2 alleged rumoured young Antipodean Guys get it together in 2019.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

My Poole team for 2019

J Holder

B Kurtz

Josh G

K woryna

N Klindt

N Covatti

S Nielsen

You aren’t getting that I’m afraid