British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Half ten tonight next rider announcement. Bit of a random time! 

Maybe they are hoping everyone will be in bed, must be a bang average signing  :D

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It’s just the promoter playing his usual games!!! He thinks he’s Santa Claus giving out his little presents to the kiddies at Christmas..

13 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Don't know why Matt keeps delaying announcements. He could name a few riders right now as it's pretty obvious who the top 4 are.

If season ticket sales don't go well maybe he will! 

15 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Don't know why Matt keeps delaying announcements. He could name a few riders right now as it's pretty obvious who the top 4 are.

Swindon, Wolves, Boro and Belle Vue?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Team announcements can only help booster the season ticket sales. 

Especially when heatleaders are announced first like Swindon did! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Swindon, Wolves, Boro and Belle Vue?

That's pretty quick for you, DC!!! :D

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The Poole collection for Bomber was just by the fans via social media ie not officially arranged or supported by the club!!

ps. next rider announcement later this evening or tomorrow for the local media!!

Ooops - one day ahead of myself for the next rider announcement. The timing is to coincide with the local Echo's deadline for the next day's online edition.

The Echo's regular speedway reporter -Ned Payne - has just gone away on hols. Before he went he/Matt submitted several Poole speedway stories to be run over the next few days - today's being the Gordon Pairman interview.

I bet there are not many local media outlets carrying virtually daily speedway news in the off-season!!

As for 'pushing' the season tickets, Matt said at the fans quiznight last week that he'd already had requests from fans who wanted to buy them as Christmas presents.  So not exactly pushing them - merely responding to some fan requests.

Whilst the search continues for a main sponsor, the club still has many other regular sponsors who financially assist and support both the club and individual riders and would doubtless make the club the envy of many others!!

Edited by Skidder1

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ooops - one day ahead of myself for the next rider announcement. The timing is to coincide with the local Echo's deadline for the next day's online edition.

The Echo's regular speedway reporter -Ned Payne - has just gone away on hols. Before he went he/Matt submitted several Poole speedway stories to be run over the next few days - today's being the Gordon Pairman interview.

I bet there are not many local media outlets carrying virtually daily speedway news in the off-season!!

As for 'pushing' the season tickets, Matt said at the fans quiznight last week that he'd already had requests from fans who wanted to buy them as Christmas presents.  So not exactly pushing them - merely responding to some fan requests.

Whilst the search continues for a main sponsor, the club still has many other regular sponsors who financially assist and support both the club and individual riders and would doubtless make the club the envy of many others!!

I think the announcement of what is becoming the rumoured team, with no top established star, and the expected loss of 2 of the brightest up and coming young overseas stars in the sport who had decent first seasons, will perhaps highlight the financial situation at the club and perhaps Ford's unwillingness to invest much money in his final season. Allied to the absence of the major main team sponsor probably highlights where we are in the sport. The top man want's out and arguably the club with the highest profile has (so far) not been able to attach a serious major sponsor. On top of that the big SKY money went some time ago. Add all three and hardly a healthy sign for the sport going forward.

Despite all that because of the make up of what is now an inferior league in World Speedway terms, Poole will still have a reasonably competitive team that will probably hold up ok in the top four to compete for the play offs. That is PROVIDING the 2 anticipated young Aussies step up to the plate. 

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think the announcement of what is becoming the rumoured team, with no top established star, and the expected loss of 2 of the brightest up and coming young overseas stars in the sport who had decent first seasons, will perhaps highlight the financial situation at the club and perhaps Ford's unwillingness to invest much money in his final season. Allied to the absence of the major main team sponsor probably highlights where we are in the sport. The top man want's out and arguably the club with the highest profile has (so far) not been able to attach a serious major sponsor. On top of that the big SKY money went some time ago. Add all three and hardly a healthy sign for the sport going forward.

Despite all that because of the make up of what is now an inferior league in World Speedway terms, Poole will still have a reasonably competitive team that will probably hold up ok in the top four to compete for the play offs. That is PROVIDING the 2 anticipated young Aussies step up to the plate. 

Matt might need the money for his new business venture. If the team is what I have been told I think it is good considering. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Apparently it’s the target average Matt has set for your riders.  :)

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Matt might need the money for his new business venture. If the team is what I have been told I think it is good considering. 

If the other reserve is what I have heard rumoured they could be decent in that department.

Definitely has a strength in depth look - IF - as I said 2 certain young Antipodean Individuals ride to their true potential. The Poles are not stupid and saw the potential in both hence why they had their first full POl EXL last season and both are expected to push on.

Quite incredible to think that one already has a Gold Medal having helped with the POL EXL  League last season with the other expected to be in full team all season in 2019 after impressing last season.

We may have another young Aussie chap in reserve who has potential ;-)

• Like 1