British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am not worried but you pesky Pirates could be come March time.!!!!

Season starts in April!! (See the BSPA AGM Statement)

• Haha 1

I believe Holder and Kurtz can lead the line

Also Josh G has been a number 1 in 2017 and was riding like a 3rd heat leader at the end of last season as was Klindt. 

As everyone keeps on saying especially in Poland Jack Holder is the most talented young aussie of the lot. 

Anyway to start this season im more confident in our heat 13/15 ability than 2018. 

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I believe Holder and Kurtz can lead the line

Also Josh G has been a number 1 in 2017 and was riding like a 3rd heat leader at the end of last season as was Klindt. 

As everyone keeps on saying especially in Poland Jack Holder is the most talented young aussie of the lot. 

Anyway to start this season im more confident in our heat 13/15 ability than 2018. 

Holder is good but Fricke ahead at the moment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Have you anough firepower at the top end of the team? Kurtz, Holder have huge potential but if i was a Poole fan i might be a wee bit worried.

I would be a lot more worried if our reserves were Shane’s and wajtknecht as it has been proved before reserves can win you the league if you have strength in depth

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Agreed, but Holder has the most talent. 

Fricke was awful last year bar the U.K. 

1 hour ago, Greener21 said:

I would be a lot more worried if our reserves were Shane’s and wajtknecht as it has been proved before reserves can win you the league if you have strength in depth

Why are you worried about Swindons reserves?

Doyle, Batch and Musielek backed up by Eliis......................far better top 4 then Kurtz, Holder (if he signs) Josh and Klindt.

Yes some teams will have the upper hand over Swindons reserves but if the top boys are poor it makes no difference.

You can win the league either way either top heavy or strength in depth.

Its no surprise to me that the 2 best teams in the play offs had Doyle and Lambert and both sides had good reserves to in Covatti, Allen and Toft.

Build top heavy or the other way ......both can win the league

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Another signing announcement at half ten tonight...

What is the fixation with half ten? So we can all sleep on it ?

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

But for how long? Fricke should already be a gp star Jack may beat him to riding at that level.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What is the fixation with half ten? So we can all sleep on it ?

Would not surprise me if Matt Ford already released all or most of the team to the Echo prior to Ned Payne going on his one week jolly up in Dominica.

No doubt under strict instructions to be released on certain days timed with the Echo daily online deadline. The lack of a recognised World Star due to the lack of available money (or real interest from these stars who don't want to ride UK)) would seem to back this up.

Interesting though as Matt was always enthusiatically involved with each riders press release, and kept hold of info right until the minute he wanted it released. I  can only assume now he is looking to get out, and allied to no good news on Sponsor front, maybe means the effort is taking it's toll on him as he struggles to secure Sponsorship, be that main team sponsor or even some of the smaller ones who seem to be jumping ship.

Having said all that I suppose we have been spoiled over the years of his tenure with some of the top guys that have graced the team. Let's hope next season is not Poole's last, but it's going to take people with deep pockets plus a decent main team sponsor & smaller sponsors to take it forward.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But for how long? Fricke should already be a gp star Jack may beat him to riding at that level.

Fricke may still be improving. Much as I am a big Jack fan let's not forget what Fricke has achieved at still only 22.

He won 4 yes 4 Aussie U21 titles - A World U21 title in 2016. Believe he was also part of League winning teams in the same season in POL Nice 1 - Swe Prem  & Dk Leagues (was either 2016 or 2017).

Easy to forget he is still only 22, but sometimes your past successes put you on a pedestal for expected immediate success on the World stage. Max/Brady & Jack  are all progressing at 22/23 but maybe at different levels in their quest for the top.

We should never forget a certain Mr Doyle who rode around Poole at similar age and never looked anywhere near the class of these guys. Even at 26/27. The biggest example of being one who matured later and then took it all the way to World Champ. Not everyone can immediately be a Zmarzlik/Drabik/Smektala/Woffinden/Piotr Pawlicki in their  early years but one would like to think that all 3 young Aussies will be top/top riders in coming years.

8 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Reserves are the key to success. Proof is in the pudding. Give me a solid 1-7 over a top heavy 1-7 that relies heavily on the spearhead any day of the week. Top heavy teams don't win titles that often.

Especially if your anticipated top 2 young Aussies realise anything of their true potential this season.

Prefer anyway that many treat us as underdogs and let's see how the season progresses. Too much anticipation and over hype put on many of our teams over the years at Poole. 

• Like 2