British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Comparing Swindon and Poole, they are built very differently. Swindon have gone for a strong top end but a weak second string and very weak reserves.

Poole in the other hand will not be carrying anyone, if the 7 muted riders are the team.

Doyle is best rider in the league. But then Poole have Holder and Kurtz. Batchelor next and then Musiliak, followed by Poole riders Josh and Klindt. Then its Adam Ellis for Swindon, Worrall and Covatti for Poole, Allen for Poole then Lampart, Zach W and Shanes.

By going top heavy Swindon are relying on Doyle banging in max after max and that’s not likely. Batchelor is decent but not better than Holder or Kurtz imo. His average might be higher but he is a fading light. Musiliak could finish with a higher average in 2019.

Swindon bug wagging tail, poor reserves. Poole no number one but a team of strength in depth and Holder and Kurtz will push each other. Should be interesting.

Wolves look unbeatable around monmore with that lineup.

But the thing is does it really matter what the teams are at the start of the season. The way that speedway is now it's all about making the right changes in the middle of the year, as long as you don't lose touch before June it's the last three months that really count, all boiling down to having the right team, and no injury problems, for 4 matches!

6 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Robert Lambert done well last year but that is just one season. 

Err, no, it’s not just one season, it’s an excellent progression.

Lambert is two years younger than the mighty Jack Holder but has averaged more than Holder for the last three seasons!

5 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

I'm not saying any of that. Just for your benefit Robert is better than Jack.

I was saying the only true established No.1 in this league is Doyle. I didn't add Robert Lambert's name to join Doyle because Robert is not an established No.1 yet. It takes a few years to establish yourself as a No.1. 

No worries.

The problem is that Jack’s 7.39 starting average is less promising for a number one than Brady’s 8.08 one was for this year! I doubt that either will beat 7.5 next season.

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

So Poole going for strength in depth again. 

Risky top two.

Kurtz proved last season he couldn’t handle being a number one and now Jack Holder has to try and hold that position down

Doyle helped Morris 2 seasons ago and we saw what happened to Morris last season with the pressure of being a number one he went the same way as Kurtz

Lot of pressure on the 2 young Aussies , they can both be erratic and I’d be surprised if either don’t get injured at some point (hopefully not)

Jack has a different mentality to Brady, Jack will handle No 1 fine, Brady will be a No 1, but not just yet.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

I think Jack will do just fine. Apart from Doyle the new era of Premiership Speedway doesn't contain riders who are true No.1's. When I say that I mean riders like Freddie Lindgren & Magic Janowski amongst others. Fricke, J. Holder, Harris & Masters are riding at No.1 but they're not No.1 riders.

Doyle is the only No.1 once he is signed up you then look at a rider who is closest to being an established No.1 (Robert Lambert)

Other than that it's a level playing field and everyone else starts with a question mark. 

Lambert Fricke and Masters have a bit on Holder to be fair 

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’ll be a good team if they sign Chris Holder instead of Klindt.  :)

Klindt was very good last year the same again will do nicely

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lambert yes. Fricke maybe a tad ahead of Holder. Masters is the weakest of the three in my opinion. 

I think Jack will be at least as good as Fricke this season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

So Poole going for strength in depth again. 

Risky top two.

Kurtz proved last season he couldn’t handle being a number one and now Jack Holder has to try and hold that position down

Doyle helped Morris 2 seasons ago and we saw what happened to Morris last season with the pressure of being a number one he went the same way as Kurtz

Lot of pressure on the 2 young Aussies , they can both be erratic and I’d be surprised if either don’t get injured at some point (hopefully not)

I think you have more pressing things to worry about, like How's the Ipswich team shaping up, or rather how it's not shaping up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I think you have more pressing things to worry about, like How's the Ipswich team shaping up, or rather how it's not shaping up 

Yeah we need Chris to start pulling rabbits out of his hat :neutral:

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yeah we need Chris to start pulling rabbits out of his hat :neutral:

I think he has lost his hat  :neutral:

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Yes it’s my pressing responsibility the Ipswich team

I can comment where I like thanks though for your concern. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Yes it’s my pressing responsibility the Ipswich team

I can comment where I like thanks though for your concern. 

I'm sure we've a few assets you could use, there's always kk, he's always good for a laugh 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm sure we've a few assets you could use, there's always kk, he's always good for a laugh 

Thanks - can we have a look at the sales brochure and come back and make our order later :)

You dont need the big names anymore and they proved team strength pays off and think they could be doing the same next season and have a feeling they are going to name a suprise rider moving south as a heat leader.

1 Jack Holder 7.39

2 Kacper Woryna 6.30

3 NEW SIGNING

4 Nicolai Klindt 6.61

5 Brady Kurtz 7.05

6 NEW SIGNING 3.19

7 Nico Covatti 4.70

10.45 left if these five are in, would they bring back Grajczonek, Worrall or the suprise move ?

Edited by T.N.T.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thanks - can we have a look at the sales brochure and come back and make our order later :)

10% discount for orders on line :party:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1