British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Covatti's average came from riding largely at three for Somerset and he's also pretty decent around Poole. I'm not sure there are too many who will be better on a sub five point average.

Exactly, but Ray is never too positive about the Poole team or anything to do with Poole really! Actually Gavan is prob more positive about it!!:o:D

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Covatti's average came from riding largely at three for Somerset and he's also pretty decent around Poole. I'm not sure there are too many who will be better on a sub five point average.

He is a rider in the 5 point bracket so he could easily go in and out of the top 5

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly, but Ray is never too positive about the Poole team or anything to do with Poole really! Actually Gavan is prob more positive about it!!:o:D

i read it how i see it you worry to much :party:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, it’s a great look: one leg, an eye patch and bad teeth. Don’t you have the NHS down there?   :)

At least we have electric down here!! :D:rofl:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Covatti will be up and down that’s a fact. 

Saw it many times at Ipswich where he could look unbeatable and then the next week struggle.

Poole fans I’m sure will get a taste of his inconsistency. Much may depend on the fellow reserve 

One thing you will get with Covatti is a racer so if he misses the gate as usual you tend to get some excitement 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, it’s a great look: one leg, an eye patch and bad teeth. Don’t you have the NHS down there?   :)

dont use it dc we all go private!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, poole keith said:

dont use it dc we all go private!

Ah, the Poole Privates.

It all makes sense now.  :) 

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Ah, the Poole Privates.

That doesn't sound dodgy at all! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Covatti will be up and down that’s a fact. 

Saw it many times at Ipswich where he could look unbeatable and then the next week struggle.

Poole fans I’m sure will get a taste of his inconsistency. Much may depend on the fellow reserve 

One thing you will get with Covatti is a racer so if he misses the gate as usual you tend to get some excitement 

So he is a exciting rider who is a bit up and down like most riders at his level, sounds good to me. He may not bang in good scores every week but if the play offs are anything to go by he goes very well at Poole and at reserve could be a match winner.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Matt Ford held or is holding his Xmas party for the sponsors this year ??

Am asking as with the loss of the main team sponsor plus in his words 1/2 other smaller sponsors not renewing, if there are sufficient sponsors left to warrant having one and the cost no doubt associated.

Believe Matt in past years also used the opportunity to name riders for the following season which also generated interest.

50 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Does anyone know if Matt Ford held or is holding his Xmas party for the sponsors this year ??

Am asking as with the loss of the main team sponsor plus in his words 1/2 other smaller sponsors not renewing, if there are sufficient sponsors left to warrant having one and the cost no doubt associated.

Believe Matt in past years also used the opportunity to name riders for the following season which also generated interest.

I thought Skidder said it was on 12/14th Dec...?

Edited by lisa-colette

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought Skidder said it was on 14th Dec...?

Thought I saw similar on the forum but no rider announcements.

In the past there has been a lot of high profile, but maybe this year played down in view of the not so positive situation on the Sponsor front ??

Wonder when our last 4 riders will be announced and if Matt will make any formal announcements on why (if rumours are to be believed) that those 2 exciting young riders Woryna & Jakobsen were not resigned. Seen plenty of comments on forum and twitter that Woryna is down to not enough money on offer compared to his big deal in Poland but Jakobsen ??

No doubt more will be said when team news appears. Hopefully before xmas if the 7 are already known which many seem to think they are.

Youre making sound like it was just a table for 2 required Steve ;)

On 12/14/2018 at 1:36 PM, DC2 said:

Ah, the Poole Privates.

Only the  best will do mate..