British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He rode 21 meetings in 2018 ..   8 for Rye,  scoring 51 points from 42 rides for an average of 4.85

He rode 13 meetings for Poole averaging 5.04.

If you add the 2 up is 9.90 and divide by 2 gives 4.95 over the 21 meetings.

If you take Ryes away, he average 5.04 from 13 meetings for Poole.

How many meetings does he need to ride in the Prem for his ave to count then?

NBJ has never rode for Poole.

Rather nonplussed with our team so far.

Guess time will tell once all other teams are fully announced.

I actually think this is a decent signing he is not particularly exciting to watch but i have seen him a few times and he has impressed.I am not a fan of Covatti but this is a solid partnership i actially think NBJ will do a decent job.

11 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

My last post to Ray C covers.

Honestly Starman, I don't want to see Matt go and I have reservations as to if anyone want's to take on such a high profile club in the current economic climate.

You would think some of the richer business men living in the area would perhaps step up but they so far have not, even as main team sponsors so what chance of someone actually buying it.

You would like to think so, but you also need a person with a speedway brain. Perhaps there are other things .and an awful lot of  i''s and T's to be crossed...

9 hours ago, poole keith said:

i would be pretty confident someone or a consortium will come in and buy poole speedway,however, any interested partys would be silly to show an interest now,its a business that is going fall in value with every passing month so wait to mid summer and then hit matt with an offer!!

To be honest Keith is Poole speedway worth that much ? the stadium is rented right?.Also are the riders asset base worth much most of them wont ride the uk again in this climate cant see a taker.With the team in 2019 with  no Woryna, Grajczonek, Worrall, Klintd, would be my worries.I would of based my team around Holder,Kurtz, Woryna, Jackobsen, Shanes we shall see roll on April.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I agree with poole keith the value will decrease as time goes on maybe someone will be waiting for the right moment we shall see 

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You would like to think so, but you also need a person with a speedway brain. Perhaps there are other things .and an awful lot of  i''s and T's to be crossed...

not many of them about the way our sport is going :nono:

If Matt does manage to sell at some point before the end of the 2019 season, then the new owner(s) will need to have a recognised licenced Promoter on board.

If Matt doesn't manage to find a buyer and considers simply 'walking away' - something he has said he wouldn't hope to do - then surely the BSPA would step in and appoint a Promoter to keep a major speedway name like Poole operating.  This latter course of action would also probably depend on security of tenure of Poole Stadium.

As for the Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen signing - a bit of a surprise but illustrates that a recommendation from Bjarne Pedersen carries rather more weight for MF than Nicolai Klindt's plea for Rasmus Jensen.  Some good Premiership scores  when guesting for Leicester's Josh Auty at reserve, so should be OK at reserve for Poole with Covatti.

Clearly MF sees the reserves switching in and out of the 1-5 during the course of the season - a bit like the Trophy-winning 2018 side. :cheers:

Edited by Skidder1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Clearly MF sees the reserves switching in and out of the 1-5 during the course of the season - a bit like the Trophy-winning 2018 side. :cheers:

The reserves switching in and out? LOL 

Don't you mean a whole new team coming to the rescue?  :)

33 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Buster will be owning a 4th team then!

Shush :cheers: