British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Nellie said:

Mate, I’d go and have a lie down as I think you may be mixing your Jakobsens :D 

Look mate... I wasn't Jakobsens… OK :drink::wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

54 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I know Ford looking to cut costs but its like thank you and goodbye to young talent

Woryna according to the rose tinted fans was lined up to be a gp superstar and now he isnt coming back.

Freddie did so well in his first season and can only go one way yet he is discarded.

Klindt had a great season but is known to be flaky, maybe he wont this year. If as seems likely Josh is back then thats a risky top 3 in my opinion

13 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Well I hope it works out for your team , but for a rider who rode for Panthers 2016 and was signed on an average of just over 7 from Rye House and was expected to be challenging for the NO1 spot and he didn't manage to last out the season and was replaced about August time as his scores seemed to be getting worse week in week out being beaten by opposing reserves on a regular basis. So when fans say he's been around awhile and not improving I can see where they are coming from . At first  I thought he was a good capture and looked impressive but somewhere along the way he seems to have stagnated but I do hope he does get to grips with it and looks like the rider he once was.

Excellent at Rye House, just a shame Poole won’t be going there in 2019

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I know Ford looking to cut costs but its like thank you and goodbye to young talent

Woryna according to the rose tinted fans was lined up to be a gp superstar and now he isnt coming back.

Freddie did so well in his first season and can only go one way yet he is discarded.

Klindt had a great season but is known to be flaky, maybe he wont this year. If as seems likely Josh is back then thats a risky top 3 in my opinion

I do agree poole dont look like a chasing title team at the moment ?

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I found Woryna disappointing personally. Came on the back of a very successful season in Poland so was always going to make a mockery of that false low starting average.

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Matt clearly doesn't want to be here in 2019. Will certainly walk away at the end of the season. Final season for Poole in 2019 and it's going to be sad to see us go out on a down note.

Buster Chapman is the only person who will buy a Speedway club and Keith only buys under a commercial agreement. Matt doesn't want to be here under any circumstances so that deal is a no go.

I think all Poole Fans have to step back a little and appreciate where we are as a club.

The facts are - Matt has announced 2019 is his last season - No major team  sponsor on the horizon for arguably first time ever - 2 other major sponsors have said they won't be renewing - Little in way of TV money - Matt lost money (a largish amount) in the early part of 2018 due to the 70th Anniv meeting wipe out and all the big costs associated with flying people in from all around Europe with no return, plus subsequent cancellations for rain/track reasons. Bottom line, their is little to no money available and certainly nothing on the horizon in income before tapes up  early April.

Matt has come clean now on the situation with the media that he is having to cut back big time for first time in years (or possibly ever) in who/what he can afford to sign. No longer can afford riders based overseas and flying in mechanics  let alone compete with upcoming stars like Woryna who gets £35k per year just as a signing on fee for Rybnik. I assume he will no longer be offering accommodation at home to riders as he will now be based abroad in his new biz venture. Another possible negative as he cannot offer the facility.

It may be that he was looking at both Allen & Jensen based on the various normally well informed rumours that were mentioned. Could it be that both wanted above what Matt was able/prepared to pay and as a result both deals fell through. Matt is a master at PR releases and makes it sound as if he had to move quickly to get NBJ due to his expunged Rye results , maybe artificially low GSA, and the comments from Pedersen about how good he thinks he will be. In a way good PR turns a negative into a positive on the reality of what may have gone on.

Think we have to accept that certainly for now the big money and big signings are gone. All Matt can do is work withing the much lower budget he has with no major sponsors and try his best to at least put out a competitive team.

We have to forget the past, and at least support what we do have in what is obviously difficult financial times for the club and the sport in general as far as the Prem league is concerned. Fortunately the Champ/National Leagues seems in reasonable condition and working within its financial needs.

i might be over optimistic blackheart but surely someone will take it on,albeit at a greatly reduced price,i have no knowledge of the actual figures involved but eventually surely matt would be better selling for say 40k than asking 200k and not selling,new owners would not have to buy the assets if they didnt want to.some prospective buyers might be deterred thinking matt is an almost impossible act to follow,but id much rather follow a mid table or worse team than have no team to follow,holidaymakers will turn up whatever the quality of the team!

5 minutes ago, poole keith said:

i might be over optimistic blackheart but surely someone will take it on,albeit at a greatly reduced price,i have no knowledge of the actual figures involved but eventually surely matt would be better selling for say 40k than asking 200k and not selling,new owners would not have to buy the assets if they didnt want to.some prospective buyers might be deterred thinking matt is an almost impossible act to follow,but id much rather follow a mid table or worse team than have no team to follow,holidaymakers will turn up whatever the quality of the team!

If a successful club in one of the Countries most affluent areas cannot secure a buyer then it will be a sad day for the sport. Hopefully someone will come forward.

Would have been good to also have heard news on the proposed new Co Promotors but seems to have also gone quiet on that front.

Most likely line up now:

1    Holder    7.39
5    Kurtz    7.05
4    Josh G    6.70
3    Klindt    6.61
2    R Worrall    5.46
6    Covatti    4.70
7    B Jakobsen    4.39

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I do agree poole dont look like a chasing title team at the moment ?

I think there is a lot of pressure on Kurtz and Holder, a pressure Kurtz couldnt handle last season and a pressure Morris couldnt at Swindon. Maybe Jack can but it remains to be seen. Josh G isnt getting any better at this stage of his career but seems to be one of the riders included.

59 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I found Woryna disappointing personally. Came on the back of a very successful season in Poland so was always going to make a mockery of that false low starting average.

Woryna was massively overhyped by the odd Poole fan before he came. Poles are notoriously different riders over here then in their homeland and i said before a wheel was turned he would be a different rider to the one who was doing well in Poland. The money is in Poland not here and Worynas best equipment was hardly likely to be over here.

I would say the same if Drabik or Smektala joined a UK club, its a massive massive risk irrelevant of their form elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I think there is a lot of pressure on Kurtz and Holder, a pressure Kurtz couldnt handle last season and a pressure Morris couldnt at Swindon. Maybe Jack can but it remains to be seen. Josh G isnt getting any better at this stage of his career but seems to be one of the riders included.

Woryna was massively overhyped by the odd Poole fan before he came. Poles are notoriously different riders over here then in their homeland and i said before a wheel was turned he would be a different rider to the one who was doing well in Poland. The money is in Poland not here and Worynas best equipment was hardly likely to be over here.

I would say the same if Drabik or Smektala joined a UK club, its a massive massive risk irrelevant of their form elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure Jack's ego can cope with riding at no1 :D

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I dont think Drabik or Smektala would be a risk maybe Woryna just isn't good anough. I still think he could improve over here still but Lambert,Smektala,Drabik are a level above Woryna.

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm pretty sure Jack's ego can cope with riding at no1 :D

he maybe able to cope with riding at 1 but will he score ten plus each meeting which I think is expected of your top rider to do