British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Still 2018 League Champions, Sour grapes for Christmas then.. Keep chomping..:party:

Lap it up boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, will be the last one  :party:

how many clubs has the bspa saved over the years why would they want to save us ?

Edited by ray c

Surely Matt Ford has made a 'stupid' offer to his best mate Sholvar to buy the club...an offer which includes a clause which stipulates Star'boy'2006 has to be taken on as the tea lady:rofl:

Seriously though, does anyone really think Matt Ford will just walk away and let Poole Speedway fold if a buyer hasn't come forward before the end of next season?  Matt Ford loves the club and has personally invested heavily in it since 1998 when he took over with Mike Golding.  It would be like flushing (quite possibly) hundreds of thousand of £'s down the loo and watching the business he built up over the past 20 years crumble into the ground.  No (business) sense in that whatsoever.

As for our potential team for 2019 which many are touting...i.e. Brady, Jack H, NJB, Covatti, Josh, Nikolai and Richie W...IMO it would perform fine in the watered down SGB Premiership we now have.  The demise of the top tier of British speedway over the past years has been sad to watch, but we can only put together a team of riders that are wiling to ride and wear the skull and cross bones in the current financial climate.

UP THE PIRATES! :t:

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Of course they would let Poole close not ideal but why would Poole get any special kind of help.

Clubs like Cradley and Coventry to name but two were allowed to close and nobody in the sport could do anything to save those............and they are two clubs with more history than Poole.

No fan wants to see any club close (Ford to leave the sport will be good) and certainly not Poole, but as ive said why would they get any help?

The reason Matt Ford wishes to sell and move on are not the same as the circumstances for Coventry closing. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Of course they would let Poole close not ideal but why would Poole get any special kind of help.

Clubs like Cradley and Coventry to name but two were allowed to close and nobody in the sport could do anything to save those............and they are two clubs with more history than Poole.

No fan wants to see any club close (Ford to leave the sport will be good) and certainly not Poole, but as ive said why would they get any help?

A bit different if you don't have a stadium/track!!

I wasn't suggesting they 'help' Poole , merely that the BSPA would want to retain Poole in the top level.  If MF were to 'walk away' without a buyer, then I would assume all rider assets would become the BSPA's, who would then put in an active promoter to keep the club running.- lets just say Poole-based Garry May for example?!

Do you really think thats not a possibility?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A bit different if you don't have a stadium/track!!

I wasn't suggesting they 'help' Poole , merely that the BSPA would want to retain Poole in the top level.  If MF were to 'walk away' without a buyer, then I would assume all rider assets would become the BSPA's, who would then put in an active promoter to keep the club running.- lets just say Poole-based Garry May for example?!

Do you really think thats not a possibility?

No i dont think the BSPA will put in an active promoter 

I also dont believe Matt Ford would walk away without making sure the club was in safe hands............he may have screwed British Speedway over the years but he is Poole through and through and i couldnt see him leaving without making sure the club was going to be ok

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Surely Matt Ford has made a 'stupid' offer to his best mate Sholvar to buy the club...an offer which includes a clause which stipulates Star'boy'2006 has to be taken on as the tea lady:rofl:

Seriously though, does anyone really think Matt Ford will just walk away and let Poole Speedway fold if a buyer hasn't come forward before the end of next season?  Matt Ford loves the club and has personally invested heavily in it since 1998 when he took over with Mike Golding.  It would be like flushing (quite possibly) hundreds of thousand of £'s down the loo and watching the business he built up over the past 20 years crumble into the ground.  No (business) sense in that whatsoever.

As for our potential team for 2019 which many are touting...i.e. Brady, Jack H, NJB, Covatti, Josh, Nikolai and Stevie W...IMO it would perform fine in the watered down SGB Premiership we now have.  The demise of the top tier of British speedway over the past years has been sad to watch, but we can only put together a team of riders that are wiling to ride and wear the skull and cross bones in the current financial climate.

You have the wrong twin there mate, Richie not Stevie!! :D

9 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

As for our potential team for 2019 which many are touting...i.e. Brady, Jack H, NJB, Covatti, Josh, Nikolai and Stevie W...IMO it would perform fine in the watered down SGB Premiership we now have.  The demise of the top tier of British speedway over the past years has been sad to watch, but we can only put together a team of riders that are wiling to ride and wear the skull and cross bones in the current financial climate.

I can only image that might happen if the club makes a profit in 2019. Nobody in their right mind will continue with a business if it has to be bankrolled.

Welcome back Josh Grajczonek. Final 2 be will be announced before Christmas, doesn’t take much thought to work our who those riders are. Solid team throughout, might be found wanting at times in heat 13&15.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

21 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Welcome back Josh Grajczonek. Final 2 be will be announced before Christmas, doesn’t take much thought to work our who those riders are. Solid team throughout, might be found wanting at times in heat 13&15.

Yeah probably worst top two in the league 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah probably worst top two in the league 

Not having that, think Jack will take the No1 jacket in his stride. By the end of the season he'll have an extra point on his starting average no problem. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You have the wrong twin there mate, Richie not Stevie!! :D

Oops! Typo :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not having that, think Jack will take the No1 jacket in his stride. By the end of the season he'll have an extra point on his starting average no problem. 

I agree but he needs support. 

Out of the side's assembled so far i would say Poole have the weakest team.Also i think the Poole track has to be improved to see the best of Jack Holder saying that i believe he will have a great season and onwards and upwards for him.For me Klindt Grajczonek,Worrall, are the weak links  and heats 13/15 are going to be hard work for them.