British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Out of the side's assembled so far i would say Poole have the weakest team.Also i think the Poole track has to be improved to see the best of Jack Holder saying that i believe he will have a great season and onwards and upwards for him.For me Klindt Grajczonek,Worrall, are the weak links  and heats 13/15 are going to be hard work for them.

You would hope Brady would be in those heats. 

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Out of the side's assembled so far i would say Poole have the weakest team.Also i think the Poole track has to be improved to see the best of Jack Holder saying that i believe he will have a great season and onwards and upwards for him.For me Klindt Grajczonek,Worrall, are the weak links  and heats 13/15 are going to be hard work for them.

very similar side as to the start of last season loads of if and buts just my opinion  ps as somebody pointed out on a earlier post heat 13 and 15 could be hard work ?

Edited by ray c

35 minutes ago, ray c said:

very similar side as to the start of last season loads of if and buts just my opinion  ps as somebody pointed out on a earlier post heat 13 and 15 could be hard work ?

I understand why Matt has assembled the side,to cut down on costs and that is the right thing to do in this particular climate.Holder and Brady i really like as riders and both have huge potential and being a speedway fan i want both to kick on if they do Poole will be a FORCE.

This means then that either Josh or Klindt is the third heat leader...............seems a weak team in comparison to the likes of Swindon and Wolves and on a par with Belle Vue

It’s a great top 2 and tbh it’s actually not a bad team at all. You know with Poole, they will adjust if required so I’d fully expect them to make the play offs 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It has its weakness and strengths. 

Your banking on every guy getting at least 5 per meeting. ( I mean that we want 46 points but no one is having a shocker). 

If Jack and Brady really hit the levels they are expected to then be afraid. ( that’s a big if though). 

Everyone seems to forgot that Josh is only one year removed from number 1/5 at Somerset. Also Klindt and Josh rode at 8 plus for last part of the season. They can both be 7 point riders In this league. 

Richie once confirmed needs to step up. Is an 8 point rider in champ which imo should mean your about 6-6.5 in prem at least. Needs to hit that level. 

NBJ might be signing of the off season on that stupid average. He was a 5.00 rider at least at Rye. 

And well Covatti could be awesome or average. Goes well at Poole. 

Advantages of this team= Experience, Strengh in depth, home track should be a fortress, potential for 4/5 guys to put 1 point on average. 

In the middle= our Reserves could beat Doyle/ lambert 1 minute then lose to NL rider the next. 

Disadvantages= Lack of true out and out number 1 (on day 1), 13/15 heats. 

1 hour ago, acef said:

It’s a great top 2 and tbh it’s actually not a bad team at all. You know with Poole, they will adjust if required so I’d fully expect them to make the play offs 

of course only 3 teams wont make the play-offs

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree but he needs support. 

Your team is strong enough throughout for the support. If Kurtz can't score double points he'll be good for 6-7 as will Klindt and Grajczonek and Worrall most weeks. Covatti and Jakobsen are good for 10 between them.

That alone adds up to 48 points a meeting. To get a win, nobody has to score double figures.

Poole have the strength in depth to have meetings rapped up by the worrying heats 13 and 15. Even when Holder and Kurtz comes up against Doyle and Batchelor they will not be 5-1'd, even away. Batchelor is regularly a flop in the bigger races.

Poole are solid, no concerns in not making the top 4.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Your team is strong enough throughout for the support. If Kurtz can't score double points he'll be good for 6-7 as will Klindt and Grajczonek and Worrall most weeks. Covatti and Jakobsen are good for 10 between them.

That alone adds up to 48 points a meeting. To get a win, nobody has to score double figures.

Poole have the strength in depth to have meetings rapped up by the worrying heats 13 and 15. Even when Holder and Kurtz comes up against Doyle and Batchelor they will not be 5-1'd, even away. Batchelor is regularly a flop in the bigger races.

I think Holder/ Kurtz have to score ten plus most weeks to make the playoffs especially away from home that could be a problem for them.

28 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

All seven teams will have both a good chance of making the top four and concerns that they won't. None stands out.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Grajczonek needs to really deliver this year especially with his Polish team going down the toilet.

I thought Josh was at Lodz? It's only Rzeszow who have been refused a licence. Hancock, Morris, Becker etc.

Edit - I've just seen he joined them this summer from Lodz.

Edited by hyabb17

Josh didn't do the 17/18 Aussie season which probably explains in part why it took him so long to start scoring well for Poole - as well as not doing the Championship because he chose to ride on a Polish licence.

This winter he is contesting the Aussie Championships as well as some individual meetings so should at least start our season virtually race fit!!

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Josh G what a shock! Matt Ford thinks fans moaning when he was rubbish earlier in season was unjust! 

How dare people moan about one of his fave riders! It is just outrageous :D

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

How dare people moan about one of his fave riders! It is just outrageous :D

I probably said we should drop him during the season, fair play to him he turned it around but why shouldn't fans moan when their riders are not performing.