British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Why ? i dont see a problem with 13-15. Are you going to pay for Greggy ? He still has far to many commitments, and he's not going to bust a gut to come here at his age. Dear me.

He has barely got many commitments right now tho!

Greg has no chance of coming back, he has already said this seasons ago. Way too expensive. He moved into the Polish 2nd division this year where the money was. And now the club has folded because of debts. He won’t come to UK unless it’s mega money which no one can afford. He would only come to use the UK leagues anyway.

20 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

When you hear the likes of Klindt did close to 100 meetings, it shows that if you only have UK with 24/28 meetings plus a few guest appearances, these top guys need a lot more meetings.

That’s true for all UK speedway riders, which makes the 1.5 conversion rate, increasing every year until it gets to 2, to be a massive mistake.

If Josh were to maintain his 6.7 average next season and wanted to double down in 2020 on a UK licence his CL average would be 10.72 and 11.39 the following year.

Doesn't the BSPA realise that the existing 1.3 rate and 38 and 42.5 team limits are adequate to creat a “difference” between the leagues and that doubling up/down is crucial for most British riders to make a living?

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Greg has no chance of coming back, he has already said this seasons ago. Way too expensive. He moved into the Polish 2nd division this year where the money was. And now the club has folded because of debts. He won’t come to UK unless it’s mega money which no one can afford. He would only come to use the UK leagues anyway.

Is he worth mega money not in my opinion ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

Is he worth mega money not in my opinion ?

Nor me.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Greg moved to where he THOUGHT the money was,did he not refuse to ride for them for 2nd half of season because he had not been paided?

I think Greg used the opportunity as a paid practice to keep race fit for the GPs. If his polish commitments hadn’t ceased he would not have been interested 

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Number 6 announced at 6 tonight. Klindt or Worrall?

Klindt I would think. That would still leave options in case they are still waiting for Richie to sober up after the AbuDhabi F1trip!!!!:rofl::rofl::cheers::t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Klindt I would think. That would still leave options in case they are still waiting for Richie to sober up after the AbuDhabi F1trip!!!!:rofl::rofl::cheers::t:

Not sure I don't think Klindt is averse to a pre-Christmas drink!

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Greg moved to where he THOUGHT the money was,did he not refuse to ride for them for 2nd half of season because he had not been paided?

I just don’t get why any top level rider would sign for a 2nd division team. The money deal was clearly too good to be true. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Hancock's deal in POL was probably more than what Matt's total wage bill will be in 2019. No wonder the crazy guy running Rzeszow came a cropper. Sounds a real shady character reading the various press articles on what he has been up to and defaulting here there and everywhere. Not surprising the POL Authorities refused the club a new licence for 2019.

I wonder if Josh will get fixed up elsewhere now as he was dropped by his team of last season and now ends up with probably no side due tho this crazy guy - unless someone comes along but then the likes of Hancock & Morris also caught up in it. Josh will be way out of pocket otherwise with only Prem as it stands. Let's hope somebody steps in.

Seems to me he was signing riders in volume.

Ive always wondered what happened to David Hemsley

• Haha 1

I think it is an open secret that Nic is the other rider so no need to worry about whether he fits.