British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Even less for Ipswich fans 

Is that because we have only signed 2 riders still plenty of anticipation.........or because we have signed probably the most sought after reserve in the league?

I think any supporter is excited at least until the team is signed...... then it can bring you crashing down to earth which can still happen to us at Ipswich with uninspiring signings.

This time last year the Poole thread was buzzing in excitement about the riders they had signed, Woryna , Kurtz, Holder , MS. This season so far no shouting from the rooftops so I’m guessing most Poole fans not overly happy 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Team is fine. Will easily make the playoffs. If a rider underperforms they will be replaced. 4th good enough going into the playoffs. Middlo always gets the team firing when it matters most.

Happy Christmas to one and all.

Yes true but if someone had said at the end of last season RW would be back i would have not believed them.Potentially Freddie Jakobsen has far more to give.

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

Not a lot of excitement for Poole fans 

What? Klindts gut busting all action style around a fabulous prepared & shaped track is what speedway dreams are made of. Get yourself to Wimbourne Rd for you weekly summer live sports entertainment fix.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col said:

What? Klindts gut busting all action style around a fabulous prepared & shaped track is what speedway dreams are made of. Get yourself to Wimbourne Rd for you weekly summer live sports entertainment fix.

Your wasting your time Col, he wouldnt know decent speedway if he saw it.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true but if someone had said at the end of last season RW would be back i would have not believed them.Potentially Freddie Jakobsen has far more to give.

Yes definately but it’s the money that’s available. No league sponsor, no tv money, no club sponsor. Cloth has to be cut accordingly.

rumour is another tv company is interested once this current deal with but finishes. Be good if true.

• Like 1

A league sponsor "is closer than in many a year" were the words of Chris Louis at a recent Witches fan night

Lets hope that bears fruit and a new improved TV deal follows

Lets hope clubs use it for a longer term approach rather than JUST throwing it ALL at riders if/when it arrives

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

rumour is another tv company is interested once this current deal with but finishes. Be good if true.

Hope it's not Eleven Sport.... 

Edited.... actually might be a good idea as they don't have much else to show and they currently show the Polish 1 liga in Poland. 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Col maybe being a tad sarcastic!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That was a definite 'whoosh'. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes definately but it’s the money that’s available. No league sponsor, no tv money, no club sponsor. Cloth has to be cut accordingly.

Yes it would seem so, Richie did quite well at reserve but in the main body struggled a bit, he may of course be a reserve after the first set of averages because I think Covatti  may not be too long as a reserve.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

If you look up the word sarcasm then you may understand what Col was getting it............unlike you not to understand lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Hope it's not Eleven Sport.... 

Edited.... actually might be a good idea as they don't have much else to show and they currently show the Polish 1 liga in Poland. 

ALSO have financial problems following their failure to find a UK TV platform. 

Eleven Sport are a spent force for the time being in the UK. Closed their uk operation by all accounts.

Richie Worrall top scored in the final and picked up the Rider of the Night award several times.  As the Echo article states now that he's got his business up and running successfully he can give 100% to his speedway.

With the expected Klindt still to be announced I reckon there are at least 4 - possibly 5 - riders capable of increasing their averages. (and 4 of the 2018 trophy winners).

A good solid strength in depth team imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Or maybe taking the pee:o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You reacted to his post, and now your calling him sarcastic. The mind boggles.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4