British Speedway Forum

Steve you are right it’s not just about the riders and the points money it’s the cost of getting them here and rearranging flights , pay for mechanics and airport hotels.

Some people think it’s just about points money if only . 

I can assure you that certain riders can cost more than heat leaders if you take into account the cost of getting them into your team colours

.Losing the main team sponsor and a few other ones has made a major impact at Poole but I had a meeting with Matt this week about our sponsorship and he was still working hard on this season. Yes he has other plans for his future however to those who think he is disinterested  in speedway this season I didn’t get that impression one iota.

One good thing that I note is the viewing figures on but sport are up and that looks good for any new deal I would hope .

There is another post on who will drop out I truly hope no one does we need as many top teams as we can staying in the league .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Richie definitely can improve his average imo 

He rode at reserve last season and is now in the main body can’t see how that can bring about an improvement in average

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He rode at reserve last season and is now in the main body can’t see how that can bring about an improvement in average

Thats because you dont go to Poole. Funny that..

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Matt Ford said his form dipped due to setting up his new biz. That is behind him now and it's running well according to the press release. Factor in that he could go in and out of reserve depending on how the other 2 guys perform. If he does I am sure that in itself would push his av up during the season.

If he does float in and out of the reserve slot would not surprise me to see him get around the 6.25/6.50 mark which would be better than his starting GSA

Interesting that a few contributors are writing Poole off as play off contenders even before a wheel is turned from April.

Must admit find it quite a refreshing change that some are saying we are nowhere near the best team named. It kind of lifts the pressure a bit for a change :).

I am quite happy we have a team which has got both experienced riders who hopefully will give steady performance plus potentially exciting young riders who have so much scope to improve. Additionally we have reserves who can switch in and out of the main  team during the season with their replacements also capable of being strong reserves.

Of course there are other teams with what on paper looks perhaps stronger top 4 riders, but some are weaker further down. Hopefully things will even out and we end up with an exciting League even if we are short of World Class quality. From what I have seen from some of the SWE League racing, some of these top guys don't always perform that great week in and out, and makes me feel at times they use these midweek meetings more to keep up racing practice for the beloved POL league who are their main paymasters as well as for things like the SGP/SEC.

26 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Interesting that a few contributors are writing Poole off as play off contenders even before a wheel is turned from April.

They will do Steve, and they will be praying we do no good, but i have news for them :party:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Richie rode ONE league match (v Wolves at home) at reserve scoring 8+2 and 4 play off matches (that don’t count towards averages) at reserve....The rest of the time he rode in the 1-5, putting in some useful scores, so not as though he rode at reserve all season as your post is hinting at!!:nono:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Must admit find it quite a refreshing change that some are saying we are nowhere near the best team named. It kind of lifts the pressure a bit for a change :).

I am quite happy we have a team which has got both experienced riders who hopefully will give steady performance plus potentially exciting young riders who have so much scope to improve. Additionally we have reserves who can switch in and out of the main  team during the season with their replacements also capable of being strong reserves.

Of course there are other teams with what on paper looks perhaps stronger top 4 riders, but some are weaker further down. Hopefully things will even out and we end up with an exciting League even if we are short of World Class quality. From what I have seen from some of the SWE League racing, some of these top guys don't always perform that great week in and out, and makes me feel at times they use these midweek meetings more to keep up racing practice for the beloved POL league who are their main paymasters as well as for things like the SGP/SEC.

I think its a decent team. Excellent top 2, solid 2nd strings and good reserves. Lots of potential improvements as well.

For me both BV and Poole look very similar.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

He was riding at three or four until the end of the season.  There look to be one or two possible weak links, but I don’t think Worrall is one of them. His 2018 average was only a shade lower than Woryna, is British (so presumably has a discount), and wont cost as much. The same goes for Klindt, who averaged a pretty decent 7.38 last season.

Edited by Nellie

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Worrall will struggle to match his average or improve it

You then say ‘that’s because I don’t go to Poole’

What weird planet are you on? Because I don’t go to Poole I can’t have that opinion

I think Kurtz and NBJ will improve theirs...... is that ok as I’m actually saying Poole riders will do ok.......or because I don’t go to Poole I can’t give an opinion 

I don’t go to Swindon but my opinion is Adam Ellis will improve his.

Try the kiddies section might be more on your level!

Edited by Gavan

How will Richie not even match his average when it is lower than what he finished on last season with the British reduction!! As everyone else has said Gavan, Richie was only reserve last part of the season. 

9 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

With respect, firstly, do YOU go to any other tracks that you often waffle on about ?

Secondly, you're both boneheads and have too much time on your hands. 

Thirdly, as a homeless man said to me and a few work friends tonight in London, Merry Christmas you fkin idiots.

Cheers

• Haha 1

If as expected Klindt is announced today why have we got NBJ when we could have got Jake Allen? Was he too expensive or was it just Ipswich got him first? Surely Ford doesn't think NBJ is better. 

13 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

They will do Steve, and they will be praying we do no good, but i have news for them :party:

And you seem to write off every other team in the league,as you appear to say Poole will win it again:blink:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

I think Worrall will struggle to match his average or improve it

You then say ‘that’s because I don’t go to Poole’

What weird planet are you on? Because I don’t go to Poole I can’t have that opinion

I think Kurtz and NBJ will improve theirs...... is that ok as I’m actually saying Poole riders will do ok.......or because I don’t go to Poole I can’t give an opinion 

I don’t go to Swindon but my opinion is Adam Ellis will improve his.

Try the kiddies section might be more on your level!

After watching Adam everyweek in 2018 he has improved greatly he to will up his average.Last year his figures were very false as he had a few falls when in winning positions so his average should be higher another bad mistake by Ford to let him go.

• Like 1