British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Id possibly take Kennett as a second string always gone ok round Foxhall in the past

Crikey things are worse than I thought at Ipswich if you think Kennett is up to task.

We can all make predictions now all rider's are named changes in June I reckon :cheers: happy Christmas everyone

Id say the biggest worry for British Speedway is that this team looks one of the stronger ones and yet awful all in one go 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I can confirm it was down to money and Allen wanted a little more than the club could pay at the time. Ipswich have offered him a good deal! From what I understand Poole, Ipswich and another club were talking to him but decided on Ipswich. Poole’s loss as think NBJ is a risk. But the books need to be balanced.

Thank you POP. As I said earlier, Allen wanted too much money and Matt said no thanks. Ipswich were prepared to meet Allens pay demands.

So we now know our 1- 7 no out and out no1 but very solid from 1 - 7, roll on much, let the title defence begin. How's that championship team coming along at Ipswich Gavan 

Edited by Arthur54

4 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

We really are in a financial mess. Can understand not being able to afford a rider that needs to be flown in but the Jake Allen news is very alarming. NBJ is only in the team because Matt Ford couldn't afford to get one of the riders he wanted. 

Where on Earth do you get your info from?:blink:

Poole are very far from being in a fanancial mess no matter how much yourself and Rayc have tried to drag the club down.

The books have to be balanced. Clubs that spend more than they can afford end up like Rye House. Matt is  keeping Poole on a sensible financial footing.

6 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So we now know our 1- 7 no out and out no1 but very solid from 1 - 7, roll on much, let the title defence begin. How's that championship team coming along at Ipswich Gavan 

Good solid team which will be challenging as usual. No weak links or wagging tail.

don't think Poole are one of the bigger payers, certainly weren't before, but the riders know they will BE paid and that makes a big difference

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where on Earth do you get your info from?:blink:

Poole are very far from being in a fanancial mess no matter how much yourself and Rayc have tried to drag the club down.

The books have to be balanced. Clubs that spend more than they can afford end up like Rye House. Matt is  keeping Poole on a sensible financial footing.

You seem to forget this is a forum for opinions . You seem to you know everything about Poole speedway but I can tell you don't. you now as well as I do that changes will come.  don't put me in the same bracket as blackheart you know who he is as well as I do :t:

11 minutes ago, stevehone said:

don't think Poole are one of the bigger payers, certainly weren't before, but the riders know they will BE paid and that makes a big difference

Same with Wolves

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What like 4 year Witch Covatti whom Matt called whilst still at the AGM to get him signed up before it was even released that Ipswich were moving up.... ;)

Surely that contravened the fact that as an Ipswich rider we should have had first dibs:rolleyes: on signing him, perhaps Chris didn't want him:unsure:

9 minutes ago, Badge said:

Surely that contravened the fact that as an Ipswich rider we should have had first dibs:rolleyes: on signing him, perhaps Chris didn't want him:unsure:

Poole in poaching rider shocker - not as if they haven’t done it before - several times! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Badge said:

I dont think he was in any Championship plans but whether that wouldve been different with the switch of league who knows

The change of league possibly negates any official rules re contact - he was a Somerset Premiership rider after all