British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, Gavan said:

I think Worrall will struggle to match his average or improve it

You then say ‘that’s because I don’t go to Poole’

What weird planet are you on? Because I don’t go to Poole I can’t have that opinion

I think Kurtz and NBJ will improve theirs...... is that ok as I’m actually saying Poole riders will do ok.......or because I don’t go to Poole I can’t give an opinion 

I don’t go to Swindon but my opinion is Adam Ellis will improve his.

Try the kiddies section might be more on your level!

Mate he is a porkpie short of a picnic 

24 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Poole in poaching rider shocker - not as if they haven’t done it before - several times! :rolleyes:

Aaahhh the usual conspiracy theorists are out even on this fast becoming cold xmas eve ;)

I think the reality is that May told his mate Ford immediately after season finish (and maybe even before) in confidence that he had every intention of dropping into the Champ in 2019 as he was losing too much money in Prem. Nothing wrong in that and it's between promotors in effect (plus it never leaked to my knowledge before the AGM). 

Based on that Matt may well have opened discussions with both Covatti and Allen (think he was already well ahead in getting Jack Holder back even before that being an asset and also using Chris no doubt to help broker a deal to get Jack back at Poole). He knew both would be decent reserve signings plus on paper one would have thought relatively inexpensive with no flying in and out costs & Hotel costs for the riders/mechanics. Of course as we have guessed since, Allen perhaps wanted more and had 1/2 other offers so no doubt felt he could hold for the best deal he could get (one can't blame him).

Matt had a budget which was under pressure with sponsor situation and I assume said no and moved on to either Rasmus Jensen (possibly with all the rumours) and eventually NBJ - who I feel just maybe a surprise. At least we don't have the Spaniak expectation this time around on his POL Nice 1 topping av in 2017 which meant nothing ultimately on UK tracks as was evidenced.

Matt Ford is well known for planning riders well in advance for the following season even before current season ends. If he was party to the info re Somerset then nothing wrong in at least talking to riders, especially as plenty of them would like the comfort of a guaranteed place in a team such as Poole. Covatti had already impressed Ford around Poole so Matt felt he might be a steal at reserve on his GSA. Time will judge on that one.

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Matt Ford going public about cutbacks. Pirates of Poole's post saying Allen was down to money.

books have to be balanced = Financial difficulties. We cant even afford a reserve who is British based. 

PROOF is in the Christmas pudding.

Covatti is British-based; or do you think he flies in from Argentina for every meeting?!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

This debate is about Jake Allen. 

Ipswich offered more money the same club who are struggling to put a team together for 2019 due to a number of riders turning them down and they're not even top foreign riders of GP boys. According to Falcon1983 we're talking about Nicholls and co. 

That should tell you Ipswich are offering riders poor contracts. Yet that same club offered Allen more money than Poole did so that is alarming. 

Why is Jake Allen being debated on this Poole thread, he's not a Poole rider!!?

Ipswich aren't struggling to put a team together!  They've simply chosen not to announce them all at once. Matt Ford stated at the recent fans quiz night that he knew virtually all of the seven teams line-ups already - and that was at the beginning of December!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FORUMERS - INCLUDING THE ALIASES!!!

Edited by Skidder1

On 12/23/2018 at 6:30 PM, Starman2006 said:

Thats because you dont go to Poole. Funny that..

See how often you were there if you had to pay :party:

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So we now know our 1- 7 no out and out no1 but very solid from 1 - 7, roll on much, let the title defence begin. How's that championship team coming along at Ipswich Gavan 

Ipswich side looks one of the best at the moment.

A second string that will win lots of races especially at home and the most sought after reserve in the league.

So very very happy at the moment , granted we could have an average side like Pooles once we sign all seven but as of yet we don’t know.

As always thanks for your concern 

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ipswich aren't struggling to put a team together!  They've simply chosen not to announce them all at once. Matt Ford stated at the recent fans quiz night that he knew virtually all of the seven teams line-ups already - and that was at the beginning of December!!

Jake Allen is being discussed because we could of had him and is a better rider than NBJ.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Matt Ford going public about cutbacks. Pirates of Poole's post saying Allen was down to money.

books have to be balanced = Financial difficulties.

What are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Balancing books doesn’t mean financial difficulties you plonker.

• Like 2

Anyway back to a rider that does ride for Poole! On a 2 year deal too! Seems as though Kings Lynn wanted Nicolai Klindt but Poole gave him a better deal plus better sponsors.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyway back to a rider that does ride for Poole! On a 2 year deal too! Seems as though Kings Lynn wanted Nicolai Klindt but Poole gave him a better deal plus better sponsors.

Surely as a Poole asset and the fact that Poole intended using him, he didn't have permission to speak to any other clubs!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If Matt knows the Ipswich 1-7 can he please send one of his famous texts to Chris and let him in on it ;)

• Like 2

I actually applaud what Ford is doing he is running a tight ship and in the climate we are in it is the right thing to do.The side is not my cup of tea but if Holder/ Kurtz step up they could challenge also it will be worth watching those two riders develope as we all know they have exciting potential.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually applaud what Ford is doing he is running a tight ship and in the climate we are in it is the right thing to do.The side is not my cup of tea but if Holder/ Kurtz step up they could challenge also it will be worth watching those two riders develope as we all know they have exciting potential.

jack more than brady I think