British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Surely as a Poole asset and the fact that Poole intended using him, he didn't have permission to speak to any other clubs!

Quite correct - but it didn't stop other clubs from making him an offer!!  Its amazing all the different ways that people can communicate in this day and age?!:rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If Matt knows the Ipswich 1-7 can he please send one of his famous texts to Chris and let him in on it ;)

Its only a 'number 1' that Louis is having trouble with and finding a number one with a higher average than Tungate's 7.61 is going to be a challenge for any club. 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

jack more than brady I think

I still think there is more to come from Brady sometimes with riders it takes certain thing's to click into place.The consistency is the thing with Brady at times i have seen him win races and look awesome then another race look off the pace.Jack stepped up last year and for me he will become an in/out number 1 the thing that worries me a tad is Poole as a home track.I believe for Jack to show his best the Poole track has to be consistently better that is no swipe at Poole because Swindon at times has been poor and has gone from being one of the best tracks in the Country to one of the worse.Holder is just in behind the level of Lambert,Smektala,Drabik,Fricke but he will get there  in Poland he has showed his class at times.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Its only a 'number 1' that Louis is having trouble with and finding a number one with a higher average than Tungate's 7.61 is going to be a challenge for any club. 

And a number one with a much lower average than first envisaged would mean at least 1 and possibly more changes further down to avoid being way under the limit....

Tungate really isnt the answer

On 12/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, Badge said:

Surely that contravened the fact that as an Ipswich rider we should have had first dibs:rolleyes: on signing him, perhaps Chris didn't want him:unsure:

Bspa asset so he is not tied to any club. 

9 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Bspa asset so he is not tied to any club. 

Agreed, however thought his previous club had first choice before other clubs:unsure: anyway he hasn't,  he isn't and now he's a pirate 

I don’t think Poole have financial troubles but they obviously have an issue going for riders like Worrall and Josh rather than Woryna and Jacobsen.

I guess Matt Ford must be saving his money for when he can make changes which with this 1-7 must happen I would imagine 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I don’t think Poole have financial troubles but they obviously have an issue going for riders like Worrall and Josh rather than Woryna and Jacobsen.

I guess Matt Ford must be saving his money for when he can make changes which with this 1-7 must happen I would imagine 

As he has already explained he doesn't have to pay for flights, accommodation, mechanics etc for Josh or Richie whereas he would (and did) for Kasper and Freddie. In fact he won't have to do that for any of the 1-7 next season.  Merely cutting the cloth accordingly for 2019.

Losing some sponsorship probably only puts Poole on a similar level to the other 6 clubs!!

On 12/24/2018 at 10:10 AM, ray c said:

is that fact or are you guessing if that's the case I reckon poole speedway is not in a healthy state ?

You can have a fair bit of money and not want to be ripped off! How do you think people stay rich..

On 12/24/2018 at 4:35 PM, BLACKHEART said:

Matt Ford going public about cutbacks. Pirates of Poole's post saying Allen was down to money.

books have to be balanced = Financial difficulties. We cant even afford a reserve who is British based. 

PROOF is in the Christmas pudding.

He is just sensible with his money, maybe he should let Glasgow know how it's done. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 6:40 PM, BLACKHEART said:

This debate is about Jake Allen. 

Ipswich offered more money the same club who are struggling to put a team together for 2019 due to a number of riders turning them down and they're not even top foreign riders of GP boys. According to Falcon1983 we're talking about Nicholls and co. 

That should tell you Ipswich are offering riders poor contracts. Yet that same club offered Allen more money than Poole did so that is alarming. 

Not really. Most clubs offer more money than Poole do, has always been that way in the past. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You can have a fair bit of money and not want to be ripped off! How do you think people stay rich..

if you say so :D

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really. Most clubs offer more money than Poole do, has always been that way in the past. 

And you honestly believe that do you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Sounds like Matt has been paying himself plenty out of the club and the rich sponsors making up the wages of the riders.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You really dont believe that do you how have we won 8 titles in 19 years matt has been the promotor at poole with world class riders year in and year out ?