British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

And you honestly believe that do you!

Yes, unless you are calling Leigh Adam's a liar? 

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

You really dont believe that do you how have we won 8 titles in 19 years matt has been the promotor at poole with world class riders year in and year out ?

Yes but other clubs have offered that rider more than Poole but some have still chosen Poole cos they know there are no late payments! 

Maybe you just have a greedy mentality..?? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

You really dont believe that do you how have we won 8 titles in 19 years matt has been the promotor at poole with world class riders year in and year out ?

Yes other clubs offered Rickardsson ,Holder , Ward, Hancock and Janowski more money I’m assuming by Lisa’s comments.

Poole are a very well run club for sure but there is no way other clubs offered these riders more then Poole to ride for them

Edited by Gavan

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes other clubs offered Rickardsson ,Holder , Ward, Hancock and Janowski more money I’m assuming by Lisa’s comments.

Poole are a very well run club for sure but there is no way other clubs offered these riders more then Poole to ride for them

Yep, Peterborough offered Ward more money than Poole. It was only Chris Holder persuading Darcy to come that got him here. 

It is well known that Poole used to lure big name's  due to the amount of sponsorship the club attracted. I do recall Adam's was offered more money in 2003 to ride elsewhere, but the deal was better at Poole that year.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If Poole pay less then, what attracts riders to Poole. It's not their loyalty to riders :wink:

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Poole pay less then, what attracts riders to Poole. It's not their loyalty to riders :wink:

Knowing they are actually going to get paid for their time.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

It is well known that Poole used to lure big name's  due to the amount of sponsorship the club attracted. I do recall Adam's was offered more money in 2003 to ride elsewhere, but the deal was better at Poole that year.  

BV I think it was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason.C said:

Correct 

Pooles all round package including sponsors was the main reason why riders used to go there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Knowing they are actually going to get paid for their time.

Please enlighten us as to what clubs around the years 2000-2012 in the top league weren’t paying their riders then?

Its like in some Poole fans eyes every rider wants to ride for them , on less money then elsewhere as well...... what an amazing club

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Please enlighten us as to what clubs around the years 2000-2012 in the top league weren’t paying their riders then?

Its like in some Poole fans eyes every rider wants to ride for them , on less money then elsewhere as well...... what an amazing club

Swindon - towards the end of Gary Patchett’s era :sad:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

It's like you hate the truth, you have been given 2 examples of it happening with 2 top riders! This all started because a couple of idiots claimed that Poole not offering a middle order rider more than Ipswich means we have no money, which is crap as past examples show. Poole might give the better all round package but not the highest wages.

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It's like you hate the truth, you have been given 2 examples of it happening with 2 top riders! This all started because a couple of idiots claimed that Poole not offering a middle order rider more than Ipswich means we have no money, which is crap as past examples show. Poole might give the better all round package but not the highest wages.

Nice to see you speak highly of fellow Poole fans, one of whom Rayc , actually speaks the most sense of Poole fans on here.

What people are saying if you care to read properly is that Poole for the first time are not prepared to go the extra mile to get riders like they used to.

Poole cant afford/wont pay.....for riders like Woryna and Jacobsen and wouldnt match Ipswich for Jake Allen.

This means that either the club is not as strong financially as some want to believe , or that Matt Ford cant be bothered anymore to pull out all the stops to get the riders he wants.

Either way if this line up doesnt produce the goods i wonder how Poole will be able to afford/want to change the team

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nice to see you speak highly of fellow Poole fans, one of whom Rayc , actually speaks the most sense of Poole fans on here.

What people are saying if you care to read properly is that Poole for the first time are not prepared to go the extra mile to get riders like they used to.

Poole cant afford/wont pay.....for riders like Woryna and Jacobsen and wouldnt match Ipswich for Jake Allen.

This means that either the club is not as strong financially as some want to believe , or that Matt Ford cant be bothered anymore to pull out all the stops to get the riders he wants.

Either way if this line up doesnt produce the goods i wonder how Poole will be able to afford/want to change the team

Still obsessed with all things Poole i see Gav  :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 2