British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Are you saying he wasn't a happy bunny? I would of welcomed him at Lynn on that average.

Something who only he would know and Louis is no clown

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Jake Allen is a reserve.

The money has gone and it's not all because of not being able to offer Jake Allen a better deal. Matt would have signed Fredrik Jakobsen for 2019 if he had the money 1000%. Matt doesn't have the money therefore had to let Freddie go.

None of this is Matt's fault. The sponsors have dropped out so cut backs have to be made. But some people on here don't like truth and the truth is Matt cant afford the riders he wants. Fredrik Jakobsen is gone because Matt cant afford to fly in his team. That is the only reason why he is gone. Jake Allen signed for Ipswich because they offered him a better deal but Matt wanted Jake Allen at Poole but couldn't offer him the same as Ipswich the same club who are struggling to put a team together.

All this BS about NBJ. At the end of the day he is only here because Matt couldn't afford the rider/riders he wanted. 

Speedway fans don't like be told the truth. They like to pretend everything is wonderful when it's not. 

It would have not been good business for Somerset for Jake to ride for the Pirates! Jake is very popular with the Rebels supporters and is far better rider than some on here give him credit for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

It would have not been good business for Somerset for Jake to ride for the Pirates! Jake is very popular with the Rebels supporters and is far better rider than some on here give him credit for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ? 

everybodys talking about team changes in the summer and how you immediately become championship winners but if the numbers dont fit your stuffed nothing to do with money,would imagine swindon and wolves would have loved to have made mid season changes this yr but had no chance.also wouldnt want to  win a title again through benifiting from the closure of another club.anyway looking forward to another season with a team im  happy with and will 100% support

7 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

None of this is Matt's fault. He is actually doing a good job. I understand the position he is in. Only thing I don't get is why certain fans are pretending everything is fine and all of this normal because Poole never off the best wages.

Cut backs means financial problems.

Cut backs means you don't have the same budget as you once did.

Cut backs means you cant get everything and everyone you want because it/they maybe out of your price range so you have to settle for something/someone else instead who/they will fit within your budget. 

Like I said earlier NBJ is only here because of the financial problems. Matt didn't want him. Just had to settle for him. That's the truth. 

NBJ is a good rider maybe Matt feels he is better value?.Also in the past maybe he has took chances financially he now feels those chances are to dangerous in this climate.I actually applaud what he is doing because he hopefully  will ensure that Poole speedway goes on for years to come.Not all fans are fickle we do not all expect to WIN we go mainly because we want to see good racing and be entertained the sport has got  away from that for years now.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

A sponsor needs to be found as that's the only way effective changes will be made in 2019. Cant afford Jakobsen at the start of the season so nothing will change during the season unless a sponsor can be found. 

Lets hope we don't get any injuries then!!

You make it sound as though Poole only have one sponsor?! Nothing is further from the truth. As said before Matt is simply working to a revised budget at the moment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

NBJ is a good rider maybe Matt feels he is better value?.Also in the past maybe he has took chances financially he now feels those chances are to dangerous in this climate.I actually applaud what he is doing because he hopefully  will ensure that Poole speedway goes on for years to come.Not all fans are fickle we do not all expect to WIN we go mainly because we want to see good racing and be entertained the sport has got  away from that for years now.

spot on quality first winning is the bonus :D

On 12/26/2018 at 8:19 PM, Gavan said:

Please enlighten us as to what clubs around the years 2000-2012 in the top league weren’t paying their riders then?

Its like in some Poole fans eyes every rider wants to ride for them , on less money then elsewhere as well...... what an amazing club

Spot on for once .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Na. Wanted Jake Allen as the No.7 but he got offered more money by Ipswich so Matt ended up with NBJ. 

Every speedway fan moans about team changes. Why? because they want to win. Swindon fans didn't stop moaning last year about Bellego & J. Smith.

Not all  of us!!!! speedway is an ENTERTAINMENT and the sport has forgot that.Would i be happy if we won everyweek but every meeting was total dross no i wouldn't.When someone is paying 18 pound for essentially 15 minutes entertainment they want to enjoy there night and go away feeling good.There has to be winners/ losers of course but the entertainment aspect is certainly my first priority.

• Like 2

Wonder what the Poole ownership stance will be regarding Andrew Tomlin (Meridian Lifts)  comments on twitter.....Do they want to be associated with someone who is quite happy to openly state he would like to see Migrants drowned ?

Just sink them,, once a few drowned they stop coming !!

Edited by Boffy

3 minutes ago, Boffy said:

Wonder what the Poole ownership stance will be regarding Andrew Tomlins (Meridian Lifts)  comments on twitter.....Do they want to be associated with someone who is quite happy to openly state he would like to see Migrants drowned ?

Just sink them,, once a few drowned they stop coming !!

Depends on the doller I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poolebolton said:

There is another reason why Jake Allen didn’t sign. 

Jack 

Im starting to like Jake even more already.....

He obviously has good taste ;)

• Haha 1