British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, Boffy said:

It was a legitimate question....but it appears I`m crying ?....Just thought it may be interesting to find out the view from Poole regarding this

Maybe I was expecting too much that Tomlin and his abhorrent mind set might be discussed.......As they say....MONEY TALKS

this thread is about poole speedway I m on not  about what you said its about were this thread as gone 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boffy said:

It was a legitimate question....but it appears I`m crying ?....Just thought it may be interesting to find out the view from Poole regarding this

Maybe I was expecting too much that Tomlin and his abhorrent mind set might be discussed.......As they say....MONEY TALKS

Boffy or whoever you are. Give it a rest, this is a forum not a playground for throwing threats about.  Whatever Any Tomlin says is entirly up to him. They are good sponsors at poole. We have had 2-3 good sponsors leave us recently, we dont want anymore. Now take you little tiff with Floydmayweather to PM. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Boffy I just checked your profile you don't act like a 51 year old do you?

You threatened to kick sand in my face 2 hours ago.

You're obviously young and naive if you think age has anything to do with been hard

Just now, Red Flag said:

You're obviously young and naive if you think age has anything to do with been hard

Who said anything about being hard?

I said he doesn't act like a 51 year old. In other words Boffy doesn't act like a mature man like the vast majority of 51 year olds do. 

Understand that?

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Boffy or whoever you are. Give it a rest, this is a forum not a playground for throwing threats about.  Whatever Any Tomlin says is entirly up to him. They are good sponsors at poole. We have had 2-3 good sponsors leave us recently, we dont want anymore. Now take you little tiff with Floydmayweather to PM. Thank you.

So you are ok with your club being associated, directly or indirectly, with a person who puts on social media about people drowning being acceptable? Because they are ‘a good sponsor’? 

• Like 4

On 12/28/2018 at 12:32 PM, ray c said:

Why ? 

On 12/28/2018 at 12:32 PM, ray c said:

It would have not been good business for Somerset for Jake to ride for the Pirates! Jake is very popular with the Rebels supporters and is far better rider than some on here give him credit for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?  you ask.... If I lived "equal distance" between the Oaktree Arena & Wimbourne Road & Jake Allen signed for Poole I might choose Poole is my weekly Speedway fix instead of the OTA.  Today's promoters have yet to realise when tracks abandon the majority of the previous years team the home fans have lost their "favourite" rider & sponsor's their "favourite" rider.......... could why the fans gone missing!

1 minute ago, Ghosty said:

Why?  you ask.... If I lived "equal distance" between the Oaktree Arena & Wimbourne Road & Jake Allen signed for Poole I might choose Poole is my weekly Speedway fix instead of the OTA.  Today's promoters have yet to realise when tracks abandon the majority of the previous years team the home fans have lost their "favourite" rider & sponsor's their "favourite" rider.......... could why the fans gone missing!

Yes but somerset are in a different league than us dont see how that is a problem 

1 hour ago, alkadera said:

So you are ok with your club being associated, directly or indirectly, with a person who puts on social media about people drowning being acceptable? Because they are ‘a good sponsor’? 

It's not the 1960's anymore.

Nobody can say or do anything without somebody crying.

People who eat meat are in the wrong according to vegan's.

Female models who promote sporting events such as the Darts and Formula 1 are in the wrong according to feminist's. 

Some people agree with gay marriage and some people don't. 

Donald Trump is a racist according to a group of people yet the other group of people voted for him to become President say he's not racist. 

People who voted for Brexit are racists according to a some people.

I can go on and on about various subjects in the current times. 

Do I agree with Andrew's comments. No I don't but I'm not calling for Matt Ford to cut all ties with Meridian Lifts just because someone has an opinion on a certain subject. It's the world we live in where everybody has an opinion on a subject that will leave a sour taste in people's mouths.

Get with the times. Learn to deal with it. If you cant accept people having an opinion you don't like then quit all forms of social media. 

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Female models who promote sporting events such as the Darts and Formula 1 are in the wrong according to feminist's. 

Donald Trump is a racist according to a group of people yet the other group of people voted for him to become President say he's not racist. 

People who voted for Brexit because they want the borders to be shut are racists.

Do I agree with Andrew's comments. No I don't but I'm not calling for Matt Ford to cut all ties with Meridian Lifts just because someone has an opinion on a certain subject. It's the world we live in where everybody has an opinion on a subject that will leave a sour taste in people's mouths.

Get with the times. Learn to deal with it. If you cant accept people having an opinion you don't like then quit all forms of social media. 

It's if Ford agrees or not. And if he don't, being moral vs money, is what he must decide if a deal is offered..

8 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

People who voted for Brexit because they want the borders to be shut are racists.

Think it’s you that needs to get with the times - whatever you think of what was said is irrelevant. It’s Poole’s other commercial partners that might not be too impressed to be associated ,by links with Poole speedway,  with what was said. The rest of what you said is blah blah blah and has nothing to do with anything I said. 

Btw, read your last sentence and have a think...

• Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

It's if Ford agrees or not. And if he don't, being moral vs money, is what he must decide if a deal is offered..

No it's not. Just because one person has an opinion doesn't mean to say the whole company have the same opinion. 

Nothing to do with moral. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. 

People on here are mostly miserable OAP's who haven't moved with the times. They are trapped in a world that existed 25 years ago. The world has changed as I said above. Vegan's, feminists, religions, politics it doesn't matter everyone will do something that will upset people. It's the world we live in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

No it's not. Just because one person has an opinion doesn't mean to say the whole company have the same opinion.  

Nothing to do with moral. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. 

People on here are mostly miserable OAP's who haven't moved with the times. They are trapped in a world that existed 25 years ago. The world has changed as I said above. Vegan's, feminists, religions, politics it doesn't matter everyone will do something that will upset people. It's the world we live in. 

No, but if he is the head of said company. 

What are your views on all the listed in the 2nd bold quote??

4 minutes ago, alkadera said:

Think it’s you that needs to get with the times - whatever you think of what was said is irrelevant. It’s Poole’s other commercial partners that might not be too impressed to be associated ,by links with Poole speedway,  with what was said. The rest of what you said is blah blah blah and has nothing to do with anything I said. 

Btw, read your last sentence and have a think...

I'm already with the times fella. 

You're missing the point again. Just because 1 person has an opinion doesn't mean to say the whole company has the same opinion.

If an ASDA worker has the same opinion as Tomlin does then does that make every other ASDA worker a racist too? 

The rest of what I said is very relevant. It's the current times. 

I can accept other people having an opinion. You cant that's why you're crying and saying Matt should cut all ties with the company just because one person tells you something you don't want to hear.

3 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

I'm already with the times fella. 

You're missing the point again. Just because 1 person has an opinion doesn't mean to say the whole company has the same opinion.

If an ASDA worker has the same opinion as Tomlin does then does that make every other ASDA worker a racist too? 

The rest of what I said is very relevant. It's the current times. 

I can accept other people having an opinion. You cant that's why you're crying and saying Matt should cut all ties with the company just because one person tells you something you don't want to hear.

He is the founder/owner of the company, slightly different to a random employee. A high profile figure that other companies may not want to associate with. Plenty of examples of things on social media being brought up from years ago and used against people, costing careers etc.

And no I’m not crying nor have I said that Ford should cut all the ties with the company. I merely asked starman for his opinion. 

• Like 3