British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Isn't this a thread about Poole Pirates prospects in 2019 ?   :neutral:

It most certainly should be but then pretty much every team thread gets derailed somewhere. It’s just the nature of this forum.

I actually really rate this Poole team. It’s full of potential and whether it’s been done on a budget or not is immaterial because they’ve still managed a quality outfit. 

Not to derail or compare but it looks like the bv team to me. Both have stacks of potential and I think that is the way to win a league. 

Imo these 2 teams are the benchmark no matter how unpopular that opinion may be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Its just a crisis nobody can solve all this started on here because a poole sponsor is a racist 

Easily solved.

2 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

WHAT DO WE WANT...………………………………………………..BREXIT

WHEN DO WE WANT IT...…………………………………………...NOW

Never!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Its just a crisis nobody can solve all this started on here because a poole sponsor is a racist 

Point of order

Whether you agree with the comment or not the basis was not race and therefore not racist

It was about illegal immigration not the race of those attempting it

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Never!

You best move country if you cant handle it.

Our voices have been heard. 

The people have voted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Daniel didn't say anything about drowning. Now go and suck on your dummie.

Image result for dummy

You can neither follow the argument nor contribute to it constructively. 

I suspect that if we were talking about half-wits you might have a degree of expertise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, acef said:

It most certainly should be but then pretty much every team thread gets derailed somewhere. It’s just the nature of this forum.

I actually really rate this Poole team. It’s full of potential and whether it’s been done on a budget or not is immaterial because they’ve still managed a quality outfit. 

Not to derail or compare but it looks like the bv team to me. Both have stacks of potential and I think that is the way to win a league. 

Imo these 2 teams are the benchmark no matter how unpopular that opinion may be.

I wouldn't say your opinion is unpopular, ?

Just cant see whats  in BVs line up that makes you think we're a benchmark?.... Far to many question marks ..In my opinion of course 

Regarding Poole , there's the making of a good team there,especially with Covatti at reserve

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You can neither follow the argument nor contribute to it constructively. 

I suspect that if we were talking about half-wits you might have a degree of expertise.

Don't want to contribute constructively. 

Keep sucking on your dummie.

BREXIT IS COMING!

23 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I wouldn't say your opinion is unpopular, ?

Just cant see whats  in BVs line up that makes you think we're a benchmark?.... Far to many question marks ..In my opinion of course 

Regarding Poole , there's the making of a good team there,especially with Covatti at reserve

If nico at reserve floats your boat, and it does for me too, then Lidsey will blow you away

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ray c said:

Actually thats not strictly true either!!  One of the Pirates sponsors is a company - Meridian Lifts.  One of its senior employees has made his own personal views public on the issue of illegal immigration - he has tended to be quite outspoken on several issues in the past (no issue with that - everyone is entitled to their opinion) - some of them even Speedway-related!!:rolleyes::t:

PS. First round of the Aussie Championships tomorrow. Poole already have the Argentinian Champion so good luck Brady and Jack (and Chris of course):t:

Edited by Skidder1

8 hours ago, ray c said:

Not actually true though is it? Not wanting immgraints in the country doesn't make you racist. If you think it is then you have a pretty ignorant view going on here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not actually true though is it? Not wanting immgraints in the country doesn't make you racist. If you think it is then you have a pretty ignorant view going on here. 

You aren't telling it how it is are you?It wasn't that he doesn't want immigrants in the country.It was the fact he said they (and it wasn’t about immigrants per se,but specifically illegal immigrants)should be drowned.Let a few die to put others off.Now that is right wing extremist rhetoric.That is what the Echo called him out on.If you can't understand that then that is pretty ignorant and as we have seen there are a few pretty ignorant people who think along those lines.The law is the law and as I have said,we have signed up to international agreements on how to deal with the situation and nowhere does that agreement advocate letting people die as a deterent

It then becomes an image problem for Poole.Do they want to be associated with someone who has extremist views?It can damage the clubs image

Edited by iris123
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

The paper didn't call him racist they put a quote in the paper.