British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

No, they didn't say he was racist. Unless you can point out where they used that actual word? 

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No, they didn't say he was racist. Unless you can point out where they used that actual word? 

Opening paragraph.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17328618.meridian-lifts-boss-in-migrants-drowning-row/?fbclid=IwAR1rtFI-He3RtetyhdmFmKDtLnY694oyP5wT7GaWqZ6GgnGYM7kLpmswLio

Sure, they are quoting an unnamed source, but by putting it in the opening paragraph they are clearly laying their cards on the table about it.

The last 7 or 8 pages of this thread is utterly ridiculous.  Why the chuff do a number of you respond to anything the forums most famous troll posts?  He just sits in his bedroom creaming his pants over your responses!!  I bet he's got his hand in his trousers already after reading that :rofl:

The only positive thing out of all this is the fact he makes Starman appear a teensy weensy bit intelligent :D

Seriously though, this forums lack of moderation has been a joke for a very long time and is the reason many 'adult' posters (including myself) don't bother logging in very often.

Right....back to topic PLEASE.   I thank you :t:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

The only positive thing out of all this is the fact he makes Starman appear a teensy weensy bit intelligent :D

You can't say that - that is discriminating against Starmen!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

The last 7 or 8 pages of this thread is utterly ridiculous.  Why the chuff do a number of you respond to anything the forums most famous troll posts?  He just sits in his bedroom creaming his pants over your responses!!  I bet he's got his hand in his trousers already after reading that :rofl:

Seriously though, this forums lack of moderation has been a joke for a very long time and is the reason many 'adult' posters (including myself) don't bother logging in very often.

Forum police alert

6 hours ago, dj350z said:

You can't say that - that is discriminating against Starmen!!!

Just tongue in cheek :party:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ray c said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

It wasn't racist.

The tweet wasn't a good one and suggesting let them drown was ill thought out at best, basically in poor taste.

However, racist it was not. It's this constant playing of the race card that caused Brexit and Trump.. you'd think some folk would learn.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Don't read them then watch Jeremy Kyle instead  are you adult really???? this post makes you look a proper tool take a deep,breath eh!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

But you still log in.

You cant help yourself. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It wasn't racist.

The tweet wasn't a good one and suggesting let them drown was ill thought out at best, basically in poor taste.

However, racist it was not. It's this constant playing of the race card that caused Brexit and Trump.. you'd think some folk would learn.

The semantics argument about what constitutes a “race” is really tiresome. It’s quite clear that the adverse remarks were against refugee boat people - people from abroad, people fleeing their country, whether on grounds of persecution or in search of a better life - not Dorset residing castaways, and as such they were racist.

“Race” can be defined as a group of people who have some common identity, whether it be blacks and whites, Chinese, Muslim, Aryan or people fleeing the Middle East.

Semantics should not be a defence to inhumane views.

56 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The semantics argument about what constitutes a “race” is really tiresome. It’s quite clear that the adverse remarks were against refugee boat people - people from abroad, people fleeing their country, whether on grounds of persecution or in search of a better life - not Dorset residing castaways, and as such they were racist.

“Race” can be defined as a group of people who have some common identity, whether it be blacks and whites, Chinese, Muslim, Aryan or people fleeing the Middle East.

Semantics should not be a defence to inhumane views.

There is no semantic argument. His tweet was not racist. 

In very poor taste yes. Racist no. 

I have not made any defence of the wording used in his tweet. His stance as regards immigration is a different issue.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

There is no semantic argument. His tweet was not racist. 

In very poor taste yes. Racist no. 

I have not made any defence of the wording used in his tweet. His stance as regards immigration is a different issue.

If it were 1938 Germany and he’d written “Let the dispossessed shopkeepers die in a concentration camp” you, no doubt, would have said that those words do not in themself, given that they do not specify a specific group of people, amount to a racist comment, but of course the context would have meant otherwise as we would know the target of the comment was Jews, just as it is now foreign refugees.

No doubt also, semantics will argue that Jews are not a race but a religious group.

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

If it were 1938 Germany and he’d written “Let the dispossessed shopkeepers die in a concentration camp” you, no doubt, would have said that those words do not in themself, given that they do not specify a specific group of people, amount to a racist comment, but of course the context would have meant otherwise as we would know the target of the comment was Jews, just as it is now foreign refugees.

No doubt also, semantics will argue that Jews are not a race but a religious group.

The post wasn't racist. It doesn't matter how you try and twist it.

I understand, you are desperate to ensure racism stays alive and indeed increase and wish to promote it at every available opportunity.

I'm not, I abhor racism and want to see the back of it. 

Perhaps, like many, you have a financial investment in ensuring it stays alive.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The post wasn't racist. It doesn't matter how you try and twist it.

I understand, you are desperate to ensure racism stays alive and indeed increase and wish to promote it at every available opportunity.

I'm not, I abhor racism and want to see the back of it. 

Perhaps, like many, you have a financial investment in ensuring it stays alive.

Don't be daft.