British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Big round for CH to win being Mildura usually more fancied for the Victorian boys ,really fancy him to take this title now 

quite agree he is the class act in the field

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

quite agree he is the class act in the field

Of course what none of us know is what bikes are these guys using in Aussie. Could Chris be using his POL engines. I assume they get new one's for the new POL season with all the money and sponsorship involved. Would have thought POL tuned engines more suited to the Aussie tracks. Similar questions apply to say Jack and Brady.

In Chris's case I am sure he wants to get back into SGP as quick as possible so may have taken his best available engines to give him best shot ??

Of course it could have a bearing on a riders form if he wasn't on his best engine/s so always difficult to judge the form. Also can't judge how Aussie form will translate to UK next season on different tracks. Both Tungate & Kurtz had very in and out UK seasons. Below were last seasons results. Brady worries me a bit. I know only 2 meetings gone and 3 to go but needs to start performing as looks like top 5/6 gets you into the SGP qualifiers. Holder Jr/Masters & Kurtz lie 4/5/6 after 2 rounds.

Competitor Kurri Kurri Undera Mildura Gillman Series
  6/01/2018 10-01-18 12-01-18 14-01-18 Total
Rohan Tungate 18 17 10 17 62
Brady Kurtz 12 15 18 15

19 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course what none of us know is what bikes are these guys using in Aussie. Could Chris be using his POL engines. I assume they get new one's for the new POL season with all the money and sponsorship involved. Would have thought POL tuned engines more suited to the Aussie tracks. Similar questions apply to say Jack and Brady.

In Chris's case I am sure he wants to get back into SGP as quick as possible so may have taken his best available engines to give him best shot ??

Of course it could have a bearing on a riders form if he wasn't on his best engine/s so always difficult to judge the form. Also can't judge how Aussie form will translate to UK next season on different tracks. Both Tungate & Kurtz had very in and out UK seasons. Below were last seasons results. Brady worries me a bit. I know only 2 meetings gone and 3 to go but needs to start performing as looks like top 5/6 gets you into the SGP qualifiers. Holder Jr/Masters & Kurtz lie 4/5/6 after 2 rounds.

Competitor Kurri Kurri Undera Mildura Gillman Series
  6/01/2018 10-01-18 12-01-18 14-01-18 Total
Rohan Tungate 18 17 10 17 62
Brady Kurtz 12 15 18 15

The big surprise for me is how poor Nick Morris!!

2 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Indeed

5 hours ago, sommelier said:

I said exactly that on the updates site

1 win in 10 races  - and that was when little Holder broke down

When Poole riders do average in Aussie champs we are told that it’s irrelevant.

Nick Morris been poor and people saying it’s an issue.

I would bet that Tungate finishes a good number of points ahead.....but yet next season Morris will have the higher average of the two

• Like 1

Yes I guess it depends on how seriously each rider takes it. But as the past shows it isn't a great guide to how they will get on in the UK. 

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

When Poole riders do average in Aussie champs we are told that it’s irrelevant.

Nick Morris been poor and people saying it’s an issue.

I would bet that Tungate finishes a good number of points ahead.....but yet next season Morris will have the higher average of the two

He didn't in 2018, but may well achieve that this year having a home track like Monmore. Not that Rohan has even got a team yet...

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes I guess it depends on how seriously each rider takes it. But as the past shows it isn't a great guide to how they will get on in the UK. 

A lot depends on if they took their UK equipment with them or borrowed kit in Australia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

He didn't in 2018, but may well achieve that this year having a home track like Monmore. Not that Rohan has even got a team yet...

Morris was riding at 1 and Tungate in the easier position of 4 so I would still say Morris had the better season of the two over here. 

Tungate never seems to carry his Aussie form over here for whatever reason beating riders like Fricke Kurtz and Holder the majority of the time the last 2 Aussie champs yet all those 3 will be first or second heat leader over here while Tungate at best would be the third heat leader

22 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Morris was riding at 1 and Tungate in the easier position of 4 so I would still say Morris had the better season of the two over here. 

Tungate never seems to carry his Aussie form over here for whatever reason beating riders like Fricke Kurtz and Holder the majority of the time the last 2 Aussie champs yet all those 3 will be first or second heat leader over here while Tungate at best would be the third heat leader

Unless he returns to Ipswich where he would more than likely be NO1.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Unless he returns to Ipswich where he would more than likely be NO1.

Ha ha you are right,, which goes to show just how rubbish the Ipswich team will be. Louis should have told Buster to shove it and stayed where we were.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Ha ha you are right,, which goes to show just how rubbish the Ipswich team will be. Louis should have told Buster to shove it and stayed where we were.  

I wouldn't argue with that comment looks very much like Witches will be the sacrificial lambs just to keep the TV contracts i'm sorry to say and if Ipswich can't afford to make Nicholls a reasonable offer how will they manage to get anyone of note out of Europe to come and ride for them . 

14 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I wouldn't argue with that comment looks very much like Witches will be the sacrificial lambs just to keep the TV contracts i'm sorry to say and if Ipswich can't afford to make Nicholls a reasonable offer how will they manage to get anyone of note out of Europe to come and ride for them . 

If It's true regarding Scotty, there must be something different going on at Boro than Ippo. Buster has bought both, but it seems looking at the Panthers team, money has been spent.. Team in place, and a strong one at that. Someone  other than Buster must be funding some of the wages imho..And it's not as been said, that the riders want to ride for Boro… They need paying at the end of the day.. Being a Lynn fan, it a bit of a funny one as well. 

Buster said he enjoyed 2018 and wants to go one better this season, and challenge for the title. Yet It seems to me Lynn won't be as strong as Boro :blink:

Whoops, just realised it's a Poole thread :neutral:

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, Starman2006 said:

It,  was just the same on our forum mate used to cause trouble. Not worth the finger time responding to it. It is just a .:icon_smile_clown:

Nonsense...and don't forget you were BANNED by the webmaster (your own mate!) from that forum and you were also instrumental in it being closed!!  I never had any problems with any posters on the Poole forum, never had a crossed word with any posters and I never received any warnings unlike yourself.

• Like 1