British Speedway Forum

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:07 AM, The Doctor... said:

And you don't cause trouble here ?

Spot on Doc :t:

• Like 1

I see jack and brady of the pace in the Australian championship now led by max with chris second looks close between the top two

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Well done Fricke, don't let the cheats past or present win anything! 

Surely you should be back at school today

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Surely you should be back at school today

Yeh we have computers at school xx

The Aussie champs arent usually a guide as i said Tungate always does better in them then he does over here.

That said Kurtz and Morris were average in them last season and had poor seasons, and if anything they are both worse this time around.

Fricke , a true number one doing great and good to see Chris Holder showing some form.

And how good does Lidsey look and he is at reserve for Belle Vue , if he brings a small amount of that form over here will be the signing of the season

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

The Aussie champs arent usually a guide as i said Tungate always does better in them then he does over here.

That said Kurtz and Morris were average in them last season and had poor seasons, and if anything they are both worse this time around.

Fricke , a true number one doing great and good to see Chris Holder showing some form.

And how good does Lidsey look and he is at reserve for Belle Vue , if he brings a small amount of that form over here will be the signing of the season

surely  if he is going to be the find of the season how did he slip through matts fingers we must be slipping at Wimborne  road :nono:

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

surely  if he is going to be the find of the season how did he slip through matts fingers we must be slipping at Wimborne  road :nono:

Yes plus not getting Becker either;)

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes plus not getting Becker either;)

Simple - A common theme - Lack of money and Ford wanting to show a positive balance in trying to sell the Club.

Still early days I know but no news on any sign of a team sponsor or any other major sponsorship having lost 2 I believe ex prominent ones. At a time he wants to sell out this must be his worse ever situation on sponsorship, even if there are other sponsors still involved. Bottom line is still less money at the club unless he wants to get into debt which little chance of with his new biz venture and wanting to balance the books for any potential sale.

The facts don't lie and even Matt has at least been in the main fairly honest about the situation. No Woryna or Jakobsen and money is the real reason with a little window dressing on points remaining in case of Woryna, but we all know its mainly lack of finance for expensive flights for riders/mechanics as well as accommodation (bearing in mind he is moving abroad).

In the case of Becker I assume there would have been the question of flights/accommodation/mechanics etc as he is based in Sweden like Hancock.  Of course the USA connection with Wolves may also have had a bearing. In case of Lidsey probably similar as he will be based in Poland and is even learning Polish. Again in his case may be the Aussie connection with Lemon who may be helping him out.

Bottom line is though I am sure Ford want's to avoid the expense, especially as both will be learning and finding their feet in their first UK season, irrespective of what they may be doing in POL & with Lidsey the Aussie Champ. If he wanted young exciting riders with potential he already had 2 with track records of riding UK in Wory/Jakobsen.

We just have to accept it is what it is and this is one time Matt cannot afford the best up and coming. Bit different with Holder & Kurtz as Matt has the benefit of Middlo supplying accommodation at Middlo Towers where Brady also shares with big bro Todd. They even get to pay Middlo rent being UK based . Maybe similar arrangement with Holder if brother Chris had some input with Matt/Middlo ?? In effect both UK based with no massive expense on the Poole books even if they both fly to POL & SWE in 2019 which assume is their cost.

On subject of Brady Kurtz - Can't help thinking Brady using the Aussie Champ just to keep fit for his all important POL team & to qualify for the SGP qualifiers. Unless he blows that as well, which he may well do at the current rate of performance. You look at his performances in the Aussie Champ and an independent observer might think he is going backwards in development, (Aussie Champ 2016)  but suppose he will be judged by his performances in POL/SWE and the poorer paying UK League which must be his main priority I suppose.

15 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Simple - A common theme - Lack of money and Ford wanting to show a positive balance in trying to sell the Club.

Still early days I know but no news on any sign of a team sponsor or any other major sponsorship having lost 2 I believe ex prominent ones. At a time he wants to sell out this must be his worse ever situation on sponsorship, even if there are other sponsors still involved. Bottom line is still less money at the club unless he wants to get into debt which little chance of with his new biz venture and wanting to balance the books for any potential sale.

The facts don't lie and even Matt has at least been in the main fairly honest about the situation. No Woryna or Jakobsen and money is the real reason with a little window dressing on points remaining in case of Woryna, but we all know its mainly lack of finance for expensive flights for riders/mechanics as well as accommodation (bearing in mind he is moving abroad).

In the case of Becker I assume there would have been the question of flights/accommodation/mechanics etc as he is based in Sweden like Hancock.  Of course the USA connection with Wolves may also have had a bearing. In case of Lidsey probably similar as he will be based in Poland and is even learning Polish. Again in his case may be the Aussie connection with Lemon who may be helping him out.

Bottom line is though I am sure Ford want's to avoid the expense, especially as both will be learning and finding their feet in their first UK season, irrespective of what they may be doing in POL & with Lidsey the Aussie Champ. If he wanted young exciting riders with potential he already had 2 with track records of riding UK in Wory/Jakobsen.

We just have to accept it is what it is and this is one time Matt cannot afford the best up and coming. Bit different with Holder & Kurtz as Matt has the benefit of Middlo supplying accommodation at Middlo Towers where Brady also shares with big bro Todd. They even get to pay Middlo rent being UK based . Maybe similar arrangement with Holder if brother Chris had some input with Matt/Middlo ?? In effect both UK based with no massive expense on the Poole books even if they both fly to POL & SWE in 2019 which assume is their cost.

On subject of Brady Kurtz - Can't help thinking Brady using the Aussie Champ just to keep fit for his all important POL team & to qualify for the SGP qualifiers. Unless he blows that as well, which he may well do at the current rate of performance. You look at his performances in the Aussie Champ and an independent observer might think he is going backwards in development, (Aussie Champ 2016)  but suppose he will be judged by his performances in POL/SWE and the poorer paying UK League which must be his main priority I suppose.

Did I not read the bulk of this post about 3 weeks ago??;):D

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nah. Too much Christmas cheer Skids!! ;)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Come on Skidder. The Poole forum has been filled with non speedway related items posted on here these last few weeks, so we need to get back on to subject. This supposed to be Poole 2019 topic. You would hardly believe it with whats been on here recently.

A few posters were questioning why Matt has not gone after Lidsey or Becker, with comments such as was Matt slipping. Perhaps those posters were not aware of why Matt cannot compete in these areas in the current climate, which was why he couldn't sign promising young riders Woryna or Jackobsen who at least had the benefit of riding UK so had some experience.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gavan said:

It doesn't look as if we will have a consistent No 1 for 2019 going by Aussie Championship results to date. Neither J Holder or Kurtz are in top 3 and only Masters & Morris of any repute are below them. Lidsey looks a good prospect. Looks like we shall have to rely on all round strenth but as ony 7 teams we should make play offs!

1 hour ago, Supersub said:

It doesn't look as if we will have a consistent No 1 for 2019 going by Aussie Championship results to date. Neither J Holder or Kurtz are in top 3 and only Masters & Morris of any repute are below them. Lidsey looks a good prospect. Looks like we shall have to rely on all round strenth but as ony 7 teams we should make play offs!

I think you are right it makes us vulnerable when coming to heat 13 and 15 though 

Edited by ray c