British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Good feedback Skidder and thanks for your imput.

Our exchange is what the Forum is all about. Sensible and intelligent debate on the various aspects of our club currently.

I know you are both a loyal and enthusiastic supporter as well as a sponsor. Long may people like you be involved in our sport.

You are correct in your last paragraph. Matt was faced with a 2 fold issue for 2019. One being having to lose I think it was 2.64 points and secondly having to look at cost as we know that while in a perfect World we want the best up and coming Worlds riders we also have to look at the costs associated with flying them in each week and all the associated expenses at the clubs cost. Something I assume we do not have to do with riders based here such as Holder Jr & Kurtz.

You can never please everyone on the team selection with the situation we have on points limit and costs. However yes Matt has done well to put together a side which I personally think will be competitive and thankfully for once we do not have people saying we will win the league/wipe the floor with the opposition. Think I would prefer we go in without too much  expectation other than holding our own and then let's see how the season develops.

On a slightly negative I see yet again Brady blew an A final by coming last. For some reason both last season and this he seems incapable of putting it together when it matters and also as far as Aussie is concerned in the last 2 seasons he seems incapable of beating Tungate on Aussie tracks unless Tungate falls or gets excluded. He really needs to sort out this big race choking he seems to have. Okay I will grant the fact that on this track it  was suited to the inside gaters but both Fricke (almost 99% now Aussie Champ) and Tungate made sure they won most of the qualifiers to bag those gates.

I won't read too much into Aussie form but it does seem a repetitive problem with Brady. Hopefully though both him and Jack Holder will qualify for the SGP qualifiers although have no idea how many qualify from the final scorers over the 5 meetings. Maybe someone knows ??

He didnt blow it as such as the track was suited to the inside gates for sure, but he was third for the first couple of laps and then Holder passed him.

He should at least be performing as well as Tungate

I watched the meeting live and he was fine when gating from the inside gates but as soon as he was behind, his riding style just isnt smooth, hanging off of the bike at all angles and if anything going backwards in the race

57 minutes ago, ray c said:

quite agree chris is still better than jack and max people seem to forget is private life as   been topsy turvy for the last couple years 

I could give you Jack but in my opinion Holder isnt as good as Fricke now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

According to the final paragraph of this report on the SGP site, the paragraph before the results, there are only 3 Australian places in the GP qualification semi finals. 

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/7227/fricke-closes-on-aussie-title

Also been on here a while

17 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Also been on here a while

Thanks for that.

Sometimes you don't even realise that the BSF is a mine of information when you go looking for it :-)

Not good news for the Aussies then being reduced from 5 to 3. You would have thought though that commonsense would have prevailed in splitting the now reduced 3 places over the 4 meetings at one per meeting rather than having 2 going in one meeting thus possibly reducing the qualification chances a bit.

It indeed means that Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz will not be qualifying for the 2020 SGP unless they have incredible seasons and qualify via Wildcards. With the quality of young POL riders that won't be easy.  Both will have to try even harder in the Aussie Champ in 2020 and hope that maybe Fricke can qualify for SGP in his own right and maybe Holder Sr can squeeze in. That may lower the Aussie Champ quality fields next season but suppose you should qualify by right and not just because you crept into the top 5.

Having said that both Holder Jr & Kurtz still only 22 and plenty of time on their side as neither at this stage of their  careers are SGP quality riders. Hopefully one day though ;-)

Also nearly forgot a young Mr Lambert who has also burst onto the scene big time last season.

One more rider that the 2 Aussies have to possibly overcome in the quest for Wildcards :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Oh contraire I think we still count Chris Holder as a Poole rider even if he isn't riding for us currently.

yeah along with the other 100's of riders ford signed up to win the league :rofl::rofl:

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Why dont you surprise your self and write something construtive for a change :o

Is this comment cos I'm actually right! Why don't you surprise 'yourself' and actually write something positive. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is this comment cos I'm actually right! Why don't you surprise 'yourself' and actually write something positive. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You really ought to get out more all you ever seem to do is attack other peoples post especially mine funny old world enjoy your evening

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

You really ought to get out more all you ever seem to do is attack other peoples post especially mine funny old world enjoy your evening

Well we had to suffer years of her and some guy chatting away and using the Poole threads like they were a private chat.Ine of the reasons the threads became unreadable,boring and probably double the amount of posts they get now.Add Starman to the equation and that is why I have hardly looked in for years now

Edited by iris123

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well we had to suffer years of her and some guy chatting away and using the Poole threads like they were a private chat.Ine of the reasons the threads became unreadable,boring and probably double the amount of posts they get now.Add Starman to the equation and that is why I have hardly looked in for years now

None of her post are constructive as you may well know

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Oh dear are you bored now you have no else to tell on. 

1 minute ago, ray c said:

None of her post are constructive as you may well know

Neither are yours all you do is moan. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh dear are you bored now you have no else to tell on. 

Bored now I have read a couple of your posts!!!Some things don’t change with the years

• Haha 1