British Speedway Forum

Pleased that Poole have a new sponsor. But we don't want none of this..... :P

Image result for sweeping under carpet pic

• Like 1

Good to see Matt Ford trying to put the freshness back into Poole.

"Nasty smells up here often come from down there in Poole.   Smells from your dog, and tobacco too.   Not to mention the smell of Matt Ford's dodgy dealing.... Well, all you have to do is...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8inM0gKVo

Edited by WalterPlinge

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

At least Matt Ford has never resorted to Spying!

No need to - with his contacts at home and abroad, he probably has a dossier on every rider currently available to ride in the UK!!:D;)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No need to - with his contacts at home and abroad, he probably has a dossier on every rider currently available to ride in the UK!!:D;)

And I expect most not riding in the uk.

5 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Good to see Matt Ford trying to put the freshness back into Poole.

"Nasty smells up here often come from down there in Poole.   Smells from your dog, and tobacco too.   Not to mention the smell of Matt Ford's dodgy dealing.... Well, all you have to do is...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8inM0gKVo

That Aviator suits you ..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Trouble is all of the dossiers are stamped either, 

Won't ride in UK,

Can't Afford,

Already signed by other UK Clubs. :D

20 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A few have been saying Poole are a deep pile for years ;):lol:

Not doing bad then are we, 8 league titles and a host of other trophies. You'd better look for another ball on the abacus

..;)

Edited by Starman2006

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Not doing bad then are we, 8 league titles and a host of other trophies. You'd better look for another ball on the abacus

..;)

Top-flight titles for Pirates: 1969, 1994, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2018.

Starman, would like you to borrow that abacus, so that you can count up to 10? ;)

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

..;)

Take a chill pill Starry :rolleyes:

Its just a little part of a run of cheesy carpet puns :)

No one is having a go!!

I will have my abacus ready - last time my Ipswich team won they were still in popular use :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Can anyone fly a plane?

Thanks for saving me the bother of trying to think of something witty.  Mind you Starman wouldn't get it anyway. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Mind you Starman wouldn't get it anyway. :D

It'll wooosh straight over his head..... a bit like the aviator and the plane.

• Like 3

On 1/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Really pleased for the Pirates.

However being a bit of a cynical old sod I thought I would look up their accounts(well what you can see without paying a fee). Their assets less liabilities looks interesting. One Director - Company establlshed 4 years ago. My initial reaction to the below is Hmmmmm !!! but I am no expert on these things. Owe more than the assets with little cash  and net worth showing a loss ??

They could be a very good company but couldn't help looking purely out of intrigue. Available to anyone for nothing on companycheck.co.uk

You can see the filed accounts for nothing at Companies House Beta, they are unaudited, abbreviated accounts. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08976809/filing-history

It's a funny old world,

-the Premiership Champions are going into 2019 sponsored by a company with a net worth of minus £8k (last filed accounts March 2018). Of course this company could have had a stupendously successful 9 months and are now in a much healthier financial position.

-on the other hand the Championship winners, Workington, aren't racing in 2019, although their team sponsor, Thomas Armstrong (Holdings) have a net worth of £123m (yes, that's £123 million).

• Confused 1